UGC NET 2019 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) for calculating the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both. The UGC NET 2019 will be conducted in online mode from 9th Dec to 23rd Dec 2018. Interested aspirants can read this post for more information associated with the UGC NET 2019 regarding its application form, registration process, exam pattern, important dates etc.
Latest Update: UGC NET result to be declared on 10th January 2019.
UGC NET 2019 Important Dates
NTA has released the official dates for UGC NET 2019, please check it below-
|Submission of online application form||1st Sep 2018|
|Last date for Applying Online||30th Sep 2018|
|Last date of submission of Fee||1st Oct 2018|
|Correction in Particulars of application form||8th to 14th Oct 2018|
|Issue of admit card||19th Nov 2018|
|Date of Examination||09.12.2018 to 23.12.2018|
|Result declaration||10th Jan 2019|
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate has to meet with the specified eligibility criteria for appearing in UGC NET 2019.
- Candidates, who have completed the postgraduate level programme by securing 55% marks (50% for reserved category) from a recognized university, are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates appearing in the final year exam of their qualifying degree are also permitted to apply. These candidates will be offered provisional admissions and will be considered eligible for the award only after passing the exam.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
- For Junior Research Fellowship: The candidates should not be more than 30 years old as on 1st August 2019.
- 5 years relaxation will be provided to candidates of reserved candidates and to the candidates who have served in the armed forces & 3 years relaxation to those possessing L.L.M. Degree.
- For Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET 2019 Application Form
The application form for UGC NET 2019 can be obtained from the official website, http://www.nta.ac.in/Home.
The candidates are supposed to fill the complete and true details in the application form. The details such as personal information, academic qualification, communication details, etc will be filled in the application. Scanned images of documents in the below-mentioned format must also be uploaded in the online form.
|Photograph||JPG||4 kb to 40 kb|
|Signature||JPG||4 kb to 30 kb|
After submitting all the details in the UGC NET 2019 application form, the candidates will have to pay application fee.
The UGC NET 2019 application fee can be paid by credit card/ debit card or through e-Challan (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank). The application fee for UGC NET 2019 is given as:
|Category of Candidates||Application Fee|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 250/-|
Candidates need to apply for UGC NET in online mode only and there is no need of sending the hard copy of the application form to the concerned authority. However, the candidates must keep a copy of the UGC NET application form 2019 with them in case of future use.
Candidates willing to achieve good marks in the exam must be aware of UGC NET Exam Pattern 2019 which is described below.
- The exam will consist of two papers viz. paper 1 and paper 2.
- The examination will be conducted in online mode.
- A total of 150 questions of objective-type will be asked.
- For each right answer, 2 marks will be awarded and there will be no negative marking.
- All the questions will be compulsory.
The questions will be distributed in following way:
|Paper||Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper I||Reasoning Ability, Comprehension, General Awareness||50||100|
|Paper II||Subject selected by the candidate||100||200|
The admit card for UGC NET 2019 will be tentatively uploaded on the website http://www.nta.ac.in/Home. No admit cards will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their admit cards. The venue of the test will be mentioned in the admit card and the applicant must appear in the exam only at the designated center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the UGC NET 2019 admit card. The candidate must carry the admit card along with a valid id proof to the exam center.
Exam Center for UGC NET 2019
The UGC NET 2019 will be held in around 91 cities all over the country. The candidates can select 4 choices for the exam center. Although, effort will be made to assign the test center as opted by the candidate, but the CBSE can allot any other center in case of unavailability of seats or any other reason. The decision of CBSE in this regard will be final.
The captured images of OMR sheets of the candidates and answer keys of all the papers will be displayed on the website http://www.nta.ac.in/Home. The candidates, who are not satisfied with the captured response, may challenge by filling an online application on the official website and paying Rs. 1000/- per question (by credit card/ debit card). In case the challenge of any candidate is accepted, the fee will be refunded. In all other cases the fee once paid will not be refunded. The decision of CBSE made on the challenges will be final.
The UGC NET 2019 result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys. The marks of all the candidates will be uploaded on CBSE website cbsenet.nic.in soon after the declaration of result.
Exemption from appearing in the UGC NET 2019
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/ CSIR/ JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted from appearing in NET.
- The candidates, who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET.