The examination pattern of Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam-2017 is as crucial as the CAPF Syllabus. Candidates sometimes might be confusing about the difference between the CAPF Syllabus and CAPF Exam Pattern-2017.
The syllabus of an examination gives information of all the subjects and their core topics which candidates need to prepare while the pattern of the examination gives details of the priorities, manners and rules which the examination the examination is conducted in accordance with.
Without understanding the pattern of the examination, no candidate can imagine of being among the successful contenders.
Here, all the aspirants of CAPF exam have been presented with all the crucial parts of CAPF Exam pattern-2017. Candidates are given an opinion to take the serious note of all the aspects as mentioned-
CAPF Exam pattern (Paper-I)
- The CAPF question paper-I will be of objective nature and there will be four multiple choice answers for every question. Candidates will have to choose the most appropriate answer for the given question.
- The question paper will have four sections viz., General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension.
- There will be 50 questions from each section and each question will have a weightage of 1 mark thus making the total weightage of 200 marks of the whole question paper.
- Candidates will have to qualify the paper-I and the medical test (which will be commenced after paper-I) to appear in the second question paper.
Below, the details have been provided in the tabular form-
|Sr.No.||Parts||Name of the Subject||Maximum Marks||No. of Questions||Duration and timing|
|1||Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||Shift-I |
(10am to 12pm)
(2 PM to 4 PM) Note: Entry to the examination venue will not be allowed after 9.30 AM in the morning shift and after 1.30 PM in the afternoon shift
|2||Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|3||Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|4||Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
CAPF Exam pattern (Paper-II)
- The CAPF Question Paper-II will be commenced after question paper-I and the medical test/Physical endurance Test (PET) are commenced.
- Those candidates, who qualify both the question paper-I and the physical endurance test, are allowed to appear in the question paper-II.
- There will be one question paper of ‘English language & Comprehension’ which will be commenced in two shifts, morning shift and the evening shift as shown in the table.
- The question paper will be comprised of 200 questions and the weightage of the question paper will be of 200 marks.
The details about the CAPF Exam have been given in the tabular form below-
|Sr.No.||Name of the Subject||Maximum Marks||No. of Questions||Duration and timing|
|1.||English language & Comprehension||200 marks||200 Questions||Shift-I |
(10am to 12pm)
(2 PM to 4 PM)
Questions in both papers, paper-I and Paper-II will be of Objective nature (Multiple Choice Type). Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts A, B and C of Question Paper-I.
Provision of Negative Marking
- There will be deduction of 1/4th marks as penalty for each incorrect answer marked by the candidates on OMR Answer Sheet.
- Candidates are advised not to attempt those questions which they are not very sure about.
Physical Standard/Endurance Test (For all Posts)
For male candidates only
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chances 11
For female candidates only
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres (9 feet) in 3 chances
- High Jump : 0.9 metres (3 feet) in 3 chances.
There will be no interview for the selection of the candidates for various posts who qualify all the stages of the CAPF Examination-2017 however; candidates will be called for document verification.
All the details have been provided about the CAPF Exam Pattern-2017 and candidates can visit here on a regular basis to get the latest career updates.