The National Defence Academy Exam or NDA Exam is a joint entrance exam for Army, Navy and Air forces of India. Like every year, it is expected that Lakhs of candidates will be appearing for the NDA exam in the year 2019. So, it is obvious that the competition level in this exam is expected to really high and the aspirant needs to prepare really well. The first step for a good preparation is to collect the best books and study material for NDA Exam 2019.
If you are also preparing for the NDA exam, then this article can help you significantly. Here we will list down subject wise best Books and Study Materials for NDA Exam 2019 which candidate may follow for their preparation.
Best Books and Study Materials for NDA Mathematics Exam 2019
The Mathematics section will be carrying 300 marks in the NDA written exam. The questions will be asked from topics like Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability etc.
As far as recommended books are concerned, NCERTs of class 10th, 11th and 12th are undoubtedly the finest books for NDA Mathematics Preparation 2019.
Apart from NCERTs, the best books and study Materials for NDA exam 2019 for Mathematics section are as follows:
- Mathematics for NDA & NA by R.S. Aggarwal
- NDA & NA mathematics by Manjul Tyagi
- Pathfinder for NDA & NA by Arihant Publication.
Best Books and Study Materials for NDA General Ability Exam 2019
The General Ability section will consist of questions from various subjects i.e. English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, History, Physics, General Science etc.
The candidates should follow different books for all these subjects as given below
- Objective English by Hari Mohan Prasad
- Objective English by R.S. Aggarwal
For General Knowledge and current affair
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Objective General Knowledge & Current affairs (level 1) and (level 2) by Disha Experts.
- Indian polity by Laxminath.
For History and Geography
- NCERT History and Geography for Class 11th and 12th should be enough for these subjects.
For General Science (Physics, Chemistry)
Candidates should follow NCERT books for this section before moving on to other help books. Apart from NCERT, the best Books and Study Materials for NDA exam 2019 for General Science section are as follows:
- Numerical Chemistry by R.C Mukherjee.
- Concepts of physics by H.C Verma.
- Arihant Physics by D.C Pandey.
Other Recommended Books for NDA Exam 2019
Apart from the subject-wise books, some guidebooks are also available for the NDA exam preparation which includes sample papers that can be beneficial for the preparation.
- Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination by Arihant publication.
- Chapterwise-Sectionwise Solved Papers NDA & NA by Arihant publication.
- Let’s Crack NDA Exam – National Defence Academy & Naval Academy.
How to Prepare for NDA Exam 2019?
Apart from collecting the Best Books and Study Materials for NDA exam 2019, here are some preparation tips that candidates may implement in order to prepare for the NDA exam.
- Make a well structured time table and follow it with full dedication.
- Improve your English vocabulary by reading at least one English article daily.
- Read good newspapers to improve your current affair knowledge and Gk.
- Keep yourself healthy and fit by playing any outdoor sports.
- Solve at least two sample papers in a week.
- Focus on clearing your basic concept rather than relying on rote learning.
NDA Syllabus 2019
The syllabus for NDA exam is quite wide. However, important topics from each subject are given below.
Paper I – Mathematics (300 Marks)
Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability etc
Paper II – General Ability Test (600 Marks)
English (200 Marks): Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text etc.
General Knowledge (400 Marks): Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History & Freedom Movement, Geography, Current Events etc.