The Andhra University, Visakhapatnam will conduct the APSET 2023 (Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test) exam on behalf of the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Clearing this test makes the candidates eligible for the post of Assistant Professors into the colleges of the Andhra Pradesh state. A certificate to this effect is also issued to the candidates after clearing this exam. Interested and eligible candidates will be able to submit their applications online from the month of August 2023 onwards. Find detailed information regarding the APSET 2023 exam in this article below.
APSET 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||APSET 2023|
|Full form||Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Who conducts the exam?||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Type of Questions||Objective type|
APSET 2023 Papers
APSET 2023 will be conducted for the following papers given below. Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of SET subjects may appear in a related subject.
|Subject Code||Subject||Subject Code||Subject|
|01||Anthropology||16||Library and Information Science|
|03||Chemical Sciences||18||Mathematical Sciences|
|05||Computer Science & Application||20||Physical Education|
|09||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science||24||Public Administration|
|13||Journalism and Mass Communication||28||Telugu|
|15||Life Sciences||30||Visual Arts|
APSET 2023 Exam Dates
Check out the tentative dates related to APSET 2023 in the table below:
|Release of official notification||July 2023, last week|
|Availability of online application form||August 2023, 1st week|
|Last date for submitting the application form||September 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date for submitting the application form with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||September 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date for submitting the application form with late fee of Rs. 2000/-||September 2023, 4th week|
|Last date for submitting the application form with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||October 2023, 1st week|
|Admit card issue date||October 2023, 2nd week|
|Date of AP SET||October 2023, 3rd week|
|Result announcement||To be announced later|
|Date of document verification||January 2024, last week|
APSET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates to be eligible for Andhra Pradesh SET 2023:
- Candidates who have cleared their post graduation (master’s degree programme or equivalent) with at least 55% marks in aggregate from universities recognized by UGC are eligible for this test. Those belonging to BC/ SC/ ST/ PWD categories need to score minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree final year exam and whose result is awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered for award of eligibility only after they achieve the said qualification.
- The PhD degree holders whose master’s level exam has been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
AP SET 2023 Application Form
The online application for Andhra Pradesh SET 2023 will be released on the official website https://apset.net.in/. Candidates are suggested to read the important instructions very carefully before they start filling their application form.
- Providing their basic details, the candidates will have to register themselves. Only after successful registration, they can fill the application form.
- In the application form, basic personal details and details related to academics of the candidates will be asked.
- Candidates need to upload their photograph and signature into the application form in scanned format.
- Choice for the subject and for exam center should be provided at the time of filling the application form.
- After providing all the details into the application form, the candidates should submit it before the last prescribed date.
- Along with the form, the candidates also need to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
- Upon form and fee submission, the candidates should take a printout of the duly filled application and keep it with them.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1200/- for general category candidates, Rs. 1000/- for backward category candidates and Rs. 700/- for SC/ ST/ PH candidates.
- Payment of the application can be done online using Internet Banking, IMPS, Credit Card/ Debit Card and Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- Once paid the application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
APSET 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic APSET 2023 exam pattern overview is provided below as:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Medium of exam: English and Telugu
- Number of papers: 2 (paper I and paper II)
- Duration of exam:
- Paper I: 60 minutes
- Paper II: 120 minutes
- Number of questions:
- Paper I: 50
- Paper II: 100
- Total marks:
- Paper I: 100
- Paper II: 200
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be given for every right answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Sections||Papers||No. of ques.||Max. marks||Time allotted|
|Section I||Paper I||50||100||1 hour|
|Section II||Paper II||100||200||2 hours|
APSET 2023 Syllabus
Details of the syllabus for paper I and paper II of APSET are given here:
- Teaching & Research Aptitude: Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Higher Education System, etc
- Anthropology: Scope of Anthropology, Lamarckism, Primate Radiation, Modern Human Variation, Human Adaptation, Prehistoric Archaeology, Lower Paleolithic Period in India, etc
- Journalism & Mass Communication: Communication for Development & Social Change, Reporting & Editing, Public Relations & Corporate Communication, Media Laws & Ethics, etc
- Visual Arts: Fundamentals of Visual Art, Various Forms of Visual Arts, Knowledge of Traditional Medium, Materials & Techniques, Indian & Western Aesthetics & Art Appreciation, etc
- Physical Education: Exercise Physiology, Physiological Consequences of Aging, Kinesiology & Biomechanics, Sports Psychology, Spectators & Sports Performance, etc
- Public Administration: Introduction, Indian Administration, Administrative Thought, State & Local Administration, Comparative and Development Administration, etc
- Library & Information Science: Data, Information, Knowledge & Wisdom, Historical Development of Libraries in India, Information Sources, Universe of Knowledge, etc
- Philosophy: Epistemology and Metaphysics, Plato & Aristotle, Medieval Philosophy, Western Ethics, Indian Ethics, Contemporary Indian Philosophy, Analytic & Continental Philosophy, etc
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences: The Earth & the Solar System, Earth Materials, Surface Features and Processes, Oceans & Atmosphere, Geology, Sedimentology & Stratigraphy, etc
- The APSET 2023 admit card will be published on the official website around one week before the exam.
- Candidates who registered themselves successfully can download their admit card using their application details.
- After downloading, a printout of the admit card should be taken by the candidates and carried to the exam center with them.
- Only the candidates with a valid admit card will be allowed to appear for the eligibility test.
- To protect from loss or damage, it is advised that the candidates keep multiple copies of the admit card with them.
- Result of the eligibility test will be announced through online mode and will be made available on the website www.apset.net.in in PDF format.
- The candidates who secure at least 40% aggregate marks in both papers combined (35% for reserved categories candidates) will be declared as qualified.
- Roll number of the candidates who qualify the SET exam will be published in the result.
- Candidates will also be able to check their score using their hall ticket number and date of birth.
APSET 2023 Certificate
- Qualified candidates will have to appear for the document verification round as per the schedule and venue intimated via official website.
- Candidates whose documents are verified successfully will then be awarded a certificate of eligibility.
- Those who are granted this certificate can then apply for the post of Assistant Professor into the colleges of the state as per their vacancy.
For certificate verification the following original certificates are to be produced. The candidates must attend the verification round in person.
- SSC or equivalent certificate for proof of date of birth
- PG provisional/ original pass certificate (candidates who are studying PG final year should submit the study certificate from the head of the institution)
- PG marks statements of all semesters
- Caste/ EWS certificate issued by Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Physically Handicapped Certificate for PWD Candidates
- Filled-in proforma for verification
- One passport size photograph
- Address slips
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The AP SET application form will only be released through online mode.
No admit card will be sent to the candidates through post courier, fax, email, etc and will only be released on the official website.
There is no upper age limit prescribed for applying for the eligibility test.
The SET 2023 is proposed to be conducted in the following cities- Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry, Guntur, Nellore, Ananthapur, Tirupati, Kadapa and Kurnool
You can appear for SET a number of times to obtain the eligibility certificate. However, candidates who have qualified earlier in APSET/ UGC NET are not eligible to apply in the same subject they qualified.