Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) publishes the notification for Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam every year. For the year 2019, the exam is going to be held on 28th June 2019. Candidates who are keen to apply for the Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination can apply for various posts viz. Geologists, Geophysicists, Chemists and Jr. Hydrogeologists from 20th March 2019.
The last date for online application submission is 16th April 2019. All the interested aspirants who are prepared enough to appear in the examination can apply for the posts assigned by UPSC.
Candidates can fill the online application form and submit on the official website of UPSC; ‘http: //www.upsconline.nic.in’.
It is recommended for the candidates to submit their online applications as soon as possible to get the preferred examination centre and to abstain from online traffic or server load in the last days.
Candidates are advised to read all the instructions before they proceed to fill the details in the application form as they would be able to know about the new rule announced by UPSC for filling the online form.
Notification: Please follow the application link given below in the post.
Here the prescribed guidelines have been provided for all the candidates to fill the online application form-
- Candidates will be asked to fill their personal details as their name, date of birth, father’s and mother’s name, permanent address, mobile number or phone number with the area code and most importantly the email ID.
- All information in the columns should be filled clearly and correctly but it is extremely advisable to give more attention while filling the email ID because it will be the only source of further communication of the Commission to the candidates.
- Candidates then will be asked to fill the details about their choices of posts they want to apply for (provided that candidates can apply for any two categories of posts), the examination centre and candidates will also make the payment of examination fee online or offline as explained below in detail.
Details about the Submission of Examination Fee
- The commission will take the examination fee of Rs. 200 from the candidates while applying for the CG&G Examination.
- Candidates who belong to SC and ST category, all the female candidates and the candidates who are physically handicapped are exempted from the examination fee.
- All other candidates including the candidates of Other Backward Class (OBC) will submit the examination fee and it can be paid either online or offline mode.
- The examination fee can be paid online through the Debit or credit card of any bank and can be submitted offline through the ‘pay-in-slip’ generated in the last while filling the application form.
- Through the ‘pay-in-slip’ candidates can pay the fee by cash in any branch of State Bank of India.
Details about the Examination Centres
The list of all the centres has been provided below where the Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam will be held by UPSC-
- (1) AHMEDABAD (2) ALLAHABAD (3) BANGALORE (4) BHOPAL (5) CHANDIGARH (6) CHENNAI (7) CUTTACK (8) DELHI (9) DISPUR (10) HYDERABAD (11) JAIPUR (12) JAMMU (13) KOLKATA (14) LUCKNOW (15) MUMBAI (16) PATNA (17) SHILLONG (18) SHIMLA (19) THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
- Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centre, except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Ahmedabad. Allotment of Centres will be on the “first-apply-first-allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, further allotments to that centre will be closed for all applicants.
- Applicants, who cannot get a Centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
Click here to apply for the exam