JMI B.Ed. 2018: The Jamia Millia Islamia University publishes the official notification for the B.Ed. 2018 Entrance Test to screen the candidates for admission into the university. The notification has been published on 2nd February 2018 and last date for the application is 7th March 2018. Candidates, who want to make their career in the field of teaching, can apply to appear in the entrance examination through the application form.
Here are the details about the JMI B.Ed. 2018 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and the Important Dates.
7th March 2018 is the last date to apply for JMI B.Ed 2018. Candidates need to scroll down for the direct link to the application form.
Details about the JMI B.Ed. 2018
Conductor of the examination– Jamia Millia Islamia University
Standard of the exam- University level exam
JMI B.Ed. 2018 Important Dates
Candidates can check the tentative dates related JMI B.Ed entrance exam from the below table.
|S.No.||Name of the Exam Event||Dates|
|1.||Date of application form submission||2nd February 2018 to 7th March 2018|
|2.||Application form can be edited||8th to 12th March 2018|
|3.||Admit card download||8th April to 13th April 2018|
|4.||Date of Entrance Exam||22/04/2018 Sunday 02:00-05:00 pm|
|5.||Date of rank list declaration||20th to 25th May 2018|
JMI B.Ed. 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are some norms for the eligibility criteria which applicants must possess toe eligible to apply for the JMI B.Ed. admission 2018:
- The Candidate should have a degree of Graduation with minimum 50% marks (excluding B.A/ B.Sc. vocation courses) from a recognized University OR a Master’s Degree with minimum 50% in any school teaching subject from a recognized University
For B.Ed (Special Education)
1) The candidate must have a graduation degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks in one of the following subjects:
- Language group–Hindi, English, Urdu
- Social Science group–History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, Sociology, Psychology
- Science group– Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Biosciences / Life Sciences, Home Science, Mathematics
2) Master degree or equivalent with 45% marks from a recognized University or Institute.
For B.ED (Nursery Education)
1) Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 50% marks from a recognized university or those candidates who have the degree of B.A. / B.Sc. Vocational Studies with 50% marks are also eligible to apply for B.Ed (Nursery Education).
2) Master’s Degree or equivalent with 45% from a recognized university.
JMI B.Ed. Application Form 2018: How to apply?
- The application form will be available on the official website of JMI.
- The official website of the university is ‘http: //jmi.ac.in/onlineadmissionform’.
- The application form can be submitted online and offline as well.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500 which every applicant shall have to pay before submitting the application form.
- Candidates can pay the application fee thru the Net Baking, Bank Challan, Credit Card and Debit card.
- The offline application form will be sent to the ‘Department of Teacher Training and Non-Formal Education (Institute of Advanced Studies in Education, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, and New Delhi-110025’.
JMI B.Ed. Exam Pattern 2019
There will be three parts of the JMI B.Ed. entrance examination (Written) 2018.
- Part I General Ability Test: 75 Marks
- General Intelligence: 25 Marks
- General Awareness: 25 Marks
- Teaching Aptitude: 25 Marks
- Part II Language Proficiency test: 35 Marks
- Part III Subject Comprehension Test: 60 Marks
Note: A minimum of 33% marks in each part of the Test is necessary to be called for interview.
JMI B.Ed. Admit Card 2018
The admit card will also be available on the official website of the University. It is expected that the officials will release the JMI B.Ed admit card at least 10 days before the commencement of exam. To download the admit card, candidates need to enter their application number at the given link. Without a valid admit card/call letter, candidates will not be allowed to appear in the examination hall. So, candidates need to download the admit card from the website and bring that to the exam centre at the time of the exam.
The syllabus of JMI B.Ed Entrance exam will cover the following subjects
- Teaching Attitude and Aptitude test
- Mental Ability
- General Awareness
- Language proficiency
JMI B.Ed. Result 2019
- The university will publish the result of the examination on the official website.
- Those which have appeared in the examination can check the result of the exam by providing the required credentials.
After the announcement of result, a merit list will also be published by the university on its official website. This list will comprise the name of the selected candidates who are invited for the counselling according to their merit. Process of seat allotment and document verification will be executed during the counselling.