The Jamia Millia Islamia University selects the candidates for admission into its B.Ed degree program on the basis of a university level entrance test. The entrance exam is expected to be held in June 2023 and the application form for the same will release in the month of April 2023. It is suggested that the candidates ensure their eligibility before they apply for the admissions online. Get complete details about the JMI B.Ed admission 2023 process from this article below.
Table of Contents
JMI B.Ed Admission 2023 Exam Date
The table below presents the important dates (tentative) related to JMI B.Ed Admission 2023:
|Availability of online application form||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of April 2023|
|Issue of admit card||4th week of May 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||4th week of June 2023|
|Release of interview call letter||2nd week of July 2023|
|Date of interview||2nd week of August 2023|
|Announcement of result||Last week of August 2023|
|Beginning of admission process||1st week of September 2023|
JMI B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates applying for JMI B.Ed 2023 entrance exam:
- Candidates should have done their graduation in the school teaching subject with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- The applicants who secure at least 45% marks in their graduation in the school teaching subject and have done masters in the same subject with not less 50% marks can also apply.
- A master’s degree in Commerce with at least 50% marks is mandatory for the candidates selecting Commerce as teaching subject.
- Applicants need to select a subject group and a teaching subject from the list below. The teaching subject must have been studied in all years/ semesters and counted in awarding the grades at the graduation level.
- Other than the main teaching subject at least two other subjects from the same group must also have been studied in graduation. A pass in at least two teaching subjects up to graduation/ post graduation level is also required.
- A compulsory subject like General Urdu/ General English/ Compulsory Hindi and applied disciplines such as Mathematical Physics, Electronics, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Bio chemistry, B.Sc (H) Nautical Science, Molecular Biology, B.Tech in any stream, etc will not be considered as a school teaching subject.
|Subject group||Teaching subject|
|For Hindi or English Medium||For Urdu Medium|
JMI B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The application form for JMI B.Ed admission 2023 will be made available through online mode. Application form can be obtained by visiting the official website of the JMI University www.jmicoe.in.
- The applicants will have to provide their basic personal details, academic details, contact details, etc to fill the application form.
- Candidates will also be required to upload their photograph and signature in the application form in scanned format.
- Choice for the teaching subject and medium of instructions should be provided by the candidates in the application form only.
- After providing all the details in the form, the candidates should submit the application online. Submission must be done on or before the last prescribed date.
- Along with the application form, the candidates will also have to pay a specified amount of application fee.
- The candidates are suggested to take a printout of the submitted application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The application fee for JMI B.Ed entrance exam 2023 will be Rs. 700/- and once paid, it will be non-refundable.
- Payment of the application fee can be done online using debit card, credit card or net banking.
JMI B.Ed 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic overview of JMI B.Ed entrance exam pattern 2023:
- Duration of exam: 180 minutes
- Question paper language: English (except for specific language paper)
- Number of questions: 170
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 170
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Language Proficiency Test in the language opted as medium of instruction||35||35|
|Subject Comprehension Test||60||60|
|General Ability Test (General Intelligence, General Awareness and Teaching Aptitude)||75||75|
JMI B.Ed 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to download their JMI B.Ed admit card 2021 by visiting the official website of the university.
- Using the registration details, the candidates will be able to download their admit card.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card should be taken and carried by the candidates while reporting to exam center.
- Details about the exam like date, time and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- To protect from loss or damage, the candidates are suggested to take multiple printouts of the admit card.
JMI B.Ed 2023 Interview Process
- Candidates who clear the B.Ed entrance exam will have to appear for an interview round.
- Details regarding the interview will be communicated to the candidates through the university’s website.
- The applicants who clear the interview round as well will be considered for final admissions.
JMI B.Ed 2023 Result & Admission
- The final result of the JMI B.Ed admission 2021 will be released in the month of May 2021 through online mode.
- To check the result, the candidates need to visit the official website of JMI and provide their roll number.
- On the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test and interview, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared.
- Candidates will then be invited to take part in the admission round based on their merit.
- Selected candidates will have to get their documents verified only after which they will be granted final admission.
What is the medium of instruction for B.Ed programme in JMI?
The B.Ed programme in JMI will be offered in Hindi, English and Urdu languages. Choice for the medium of instruction should be given by the candidates during filling the application form.
Do I need to send hard copy of application form or any other document to the university to complete my registration?
No. There is absolutely no need to send any hard copy of any document to the university during registration as the application process is totally online.
What documents do I need to carry while reporting to the examination center?
A printout of the admit card (no photocopy) and a valid identity proof (non-expired) should be carried by the candidates reporting to the examination center on the day of exam. No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam in absence of these documents.
Will the authorities release the answer key of the entrance test?
The authorities might release the answer key of the entrance test on the official university’s website a few days after the exam is over.
Can I obtain my admit card through post or courier if I do not want to download it online?
No admit card will be sent to the candidates through post or courier. The admit card for the JMI B.Ed entrance exam will only be released through online mode.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here