The candidates desirous of seeking admission to MD/ MS courses offered by the JIPMER institute need to appear for an entrance exam. The exam is conducted in two sessions- in January and July and applications for these sessions are released online. Candidates can apply for any of these sessions as per their wish given that they meet the basic eligibility. Find complete details about the JIPMER PG 2021 admission process from this article below.
JIPMER PG registration for MD/MS has been started from 1st March 2021 through INI CET.
JIPMER PG 2021 Dates
|Dates for MD/MS||Dates for DM/ M.Ch/ Fellowship|
|Online application form||1st March 2021||—|
|Application submission deadline||—||—|
|Admit card release||—||—|
|Date of exam||—||—|
|Counselling process starts||—||—|
|Admission letter to be issued from||—||—|
JIPMER PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfill the following criteria mentioned below in order to be eligible for JIPMER PG Admission 2021:
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian nationality, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission.
- Educational qualification: The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India with minimum aggregate of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates).
- Internship: Applicants should have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/ practical training on or before 31st December 2020 (for January session) or 30th June 2021 (for July session).
JIPMER PG Application Form 2021
For JIPMER PG 2021, the application form will be available through online mode on the official website www.jipmer.edu.in.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should be uploaded into the form as well.
- After all the information is provided as asked in the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates also need to make payment of a prescribed amount of application fee.
- A copy of the filled-in application should be kept safe by the candidates in case of future reference.
The category-wise application fee for JIPMER PG 2021 is provided below:
- For General/ OBC/ OCI/ Sponsored candidates: Rs. 1600/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For Foreign National candidates: Rs. 3000/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For OPH/ PWD candidates: NIL
Mode of payment:
Payment of application fee can be done online using net banking/ debit card/ credit card.
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2021
Check out the overview of JIPMER PG 2021 exam pattern below:
- Mode of entrance exam: Computer based exam
- Exam duration: 3 hours
- Medium of test: English
- Number of questions: 250
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 1000
- Marking scheme: For every right answer, 4 marks will be given to the candidates
- Negative marking: For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted as penalty
|Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100||400|
JIPMER PG 2021 Syllabus
The details related to the JIPMER PG entrance exam 2021 syllabus are provided below:
- Basic Clinical Sciences: Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, Pathology, Biochemistry and Physiology
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine, Pediatrics, Community Medicine, Radio-therapy, Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Orthopedics, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Radio-diagnosis
Also Check: List of Medical Entrance Exams
JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card
- Admit card for the entrance exam will be released on the official website of the JIPMER institute.
- On the admit card, basic details of the candidates like name, roll number and that of the exam like center, date and time will be mentioned.
- Candidates need to carry with them a printout of the admit card while reporting to the exam center or else they won’t be allowed to appear for the test.
- Admit card might also be required at the time of admission and therefore must be preserved by the candidates.
- No admit card will be sent to the candidates through means of post, courier, email, fax, etc.
JIPMER PG Result 2021
- Candidates can check the result of the JIPMER PG entrance exam 2021 from the official website of the institute.
- A list of the candidates who are shortlisted for the counseling round will be made and published online.
- Marks obtained by the candidates in the postgraduate entrance exam will also be made available.
- Both category-wise and overall merit list of the candidates will be prepared.
JIPMER PG 2021 Counseling
- As per the names in the merit list, the candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round.
- Details about the counseling process such as schedule and venue will be communicated to the candidates from the official website.
- Candidates reporting for counseling should carry with them all their documents in original and in photocopy.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified and after successful verification, admission will be granted.
JIPMER PG 2021 FAQs
Ans: Dimension of the photograph should be 30 mm x 45 mm and file size should be 20 kb to 200 kb. Dimension of the signature should be 80 mm x 35 mm and file size should be 20 kb to 200 kb.
Ans: Candidates reporting to the examination center should necessarily carry with them the admit card and a valid photo identity proof (original as well as photocopy).
Ans:No. The exam center once allotted cannot be changed under any circumstances. Candidates are advised to not make any such request.
Ans: Individual letters will not be sent to the shortlisted candidates. Candidates and parents are advised to browse the website periodically for updated information.