The ‘Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research’ (JIPMER) is one of the renowned medical institutes which candidates can apply for admission to pursue the MD/MS courses. Candidates, who have completed their bachelor degree in medicine or surgery/MBBS, can apply for admission. Candidates will be required to appear in the JIPMER PG entrance exam to get the admission in the institute.
Candidates, who want to pursue medical courses of PG level from JIPMER, can get all the relevant details about the JIPMER PG Admission 2023 in the given post. The post provides the information about the JIPMER PG 2023 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, and Important Dates as well.
Table of Contents
Highlights on JIPMER PG 2023
|Exam name||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research – Postgraduate|
|Abbreviated as||JIPMER PG|
|Courses offered||Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD)|
|Sessions||Two i.e. January & July|
|Registration starts from||September 2022 (January session), February 2023 (July session)|
|Fee details||Rs. 1500 for open category and Rs. 1200 for reserved category|
|Date of JIPMER PG 2023||December 2022 for January session & May 2023 for July session|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|Total no. of questions||250|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|JIPMER PG Syllabus||Based on MBBS level|
JIPMER PG 2023 Important Dates
JIPMER runs two sessions for the PG programmes. The official dates for JIPMER PG 2023 have been given in the following table:
Dates for the January session
|S.No.||Name of the Events||Date Assigned|
|1.||Date for the Online Registration||September 2022|
|2.||Last date for application form submission||October 2022|
|3.||Date of Admit Card Release||November 2022|
|4.||Exam commencement Date||December 2022|
|5.||Result of the written test||December 2022|
|6.||Release date of merit list||December 2022|
|7.||1st Round of counselling||December 2022|
|8.||2nd Round of counselling||January 2023|
|8.||3rd Round of counselling||January 2023|
|9.||Date for final counselling||January 2023|
Dates for July Session
|S.No.||Name of the Events||Date Assigned|
|1.||Date for the Online Registration||February 2023|
|2.||Last date for application form submission||April 2023|
|3.||Exam commencement Date||May 2023|
|4.||1st Round of counselling||June 2023|
|5.||2nd Round of counselling||July 2023|
|6.||3rd Round of counselling||July 2023|
|6.||Date for final counselling||August 2023|
JIPMER PG 2023 Application Form
Candidates, who want to apply through the JIPMER PG application form are required to follow the guidelines as given in the points below:
- Candidates can apply for JIPMER PG 2023 only through online mode by login to the official website.
- JIPMER PG 2023 application form for January session has been available from September 2022.
- Candidates need to provide all the details correctly in the application form.
- Make sure that all the details are correct before submitting the application form as, after submission, the details cannot be resurrected.
- Candidates need to upload the scanned images of signature and photo in the application form.
- Candidates are also required to take the printout of the application form for the future reference.
Details of the Application Fee
Candidates will be required to make the payment of the application fee as according to the points given below:
- The application fee for all is Rs. 1200.
- The application fee for the candidates of the reserved category will be Rs. 800/-.
- OPH candidates will not be required to pay the application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
Candidates can be eligible to apply for JIPMER PG admission only if they fulfil the eligibility criteria as per the details given in the following points:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Overseas citizens of India are also eligible to apply for admission.
- He must be at least 20 years old.
- Moreover, he must have obtained MBBS degree from a university/institute recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- He must have obtained minimum 55% marks 50% (for SC/ST) in the qualifying MBBS degree.
- Candidates must have completed the 1-year internship training on or before 31st December 2022.
- The last date assigned for an internship for July session is 30 July
Exam Pattern for JIPMER PG
The JIPMER PG admission test will be conducted as per the exam pattern fixed by the Institute. The details of the exam pattern are given in the following points:
- JIPMER PG will be conducted through the online mode.
- The question will be of objective nature having multiple choices questions.
- The time duration to solve the question paper will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will be comprised of 250 questions.
- The duration of the whole examination is 180 minutes.
- Every question will reward 4 marks if answered correctly.
- There will be a deduction of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
The authority will issue the JIPMER PG admit card online only. Candidates who have registered successfully can download their admit card from the official website probably in the month of November 2021. Admit card is an important document and should be carried by candidates while appearing at the examination center. It will contain details like candidate’s name & date of birth, roll number, photograph, signature, exam venue, etc. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination center without a valid admit card & ID proof.
JIPMER PG Syllabus
The syllabus of JIPMER PG 2023 will cover the topics and subjects studied by candidates at MBBS level. The details about examination syllabus are given below:
Clinical Sciences: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Community Medicine, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Anesthesiology, Radio diagnosis, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Blood Transfusion Medicine
Basic Clinical Sciences: Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Forensic Medicine, Microbiology
JIPMER PG 2023 result will be announced most probably in the month of December 2018. Candidates can check their result through online mode. Any requests for re-evaluation and re-checking will not be entertained by the authority. A separate merit will also be prepared based on candidate’s marks obtain in the entrance test.
JIPMER PG Counselling 2023
The conducting body will organize the JIPMER MD/MS counselling 2023 in offline mode from December 2022. The JIPMER PG counselling process will include various steps like online registration, image/photo verification, biometric fingerprint verification, certificate verification, seat allotment, etc. The process will be held in different rounds as per the availability of seats. Those candidates who are invited for counselling have to report at the allotted center as per the given schedule. Candidates need to bring the required certificates in original along with one set of self-attested copies at the time of counselling.