JEECUP 2023: Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) will conduct the JEECUP 2023 or UP Polytechnic 2023 exam in order to shortlist the eligible candidates for admission to Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma and Post Diploma courses. The admission will be granted to the diploma courses in the field of engineering, technology and management. The mode of application for UP Polytechnic 2023 will be online and the council will not release any printed application form.
JEECUP 2023 will be conducted in all districts of Uttar Pradesh only in offline mode. In this article, we will discuss complete details regarding JEECUP 2023 exam such as important dates, application form, exam pattern, preparation strategy etc.
Latest: JEECUP 2023 application form is available till 25th May 2023.
Table of Contents
JEECUP 2023 Important Dates
According to the official notification, JEECUP 2023 exam date has been released now-
|Starting of online application form submission||6th March 2023
|Last date to submit online application form||25th May 2023|
|Availability of correction window||April 2023|
|Admit Card||July 2023|
|Date of Exam for Group A (Engineering/Technology Diploma Courses) & Group E||1st to 5th June 2023|
|Date of Exam for Group B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I and K1 to K8 (Other Courses)||1st to 5th June 2023|
|Starting of Counseling||August 2023|
Note: The exact dates will be updated on this post after the release on official notification.
JEECUP 2023 Eligibility Criteria
JEECUP eligibility criteria 2023 are elaborated below:
Age limit: The minimum age of the candidates should be 14 years as on 1st July 2023.
Group A (Engineering & Technology Diploma)
- The candidate must have passed class 10th with at least 35% marks
Group B (Agriculture Engineering)
- Must have passed 10th with agriculture stream and at least 35% marks
Group C (Fashion Design, Home science and Textile design and engineering)
- Must have passed high school or equivalent with 35% marks
Group D (Modern Office Management and Secretarial Practice / Library and Information Science)
- 12th passed with Hindi and English subjects
Group E (Diploma in Pharmacy)
- Should have passed 10+2 with chemistry and physics as compulsory subjects and Biology/Mathematics
Group F (PG Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue culture))
- The candidate should possess a B.Sc Degree with Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry subjects
Group G PG Diploma courses
- Any graduate can apply.
Group H (Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- Must have passed class 12th with 35% marks
Group I (Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering)
- Should have 12th with PCM and at least 50% marks in aggregate
Group K (Lateral entry in 2nd year Engineering Diploma courses)
- The applicant must have passed Intermediate Science or ITI (minimum 2 years duration)
JEECUP Application Form 2023
The application form for JEECUP 2023 is being filled and submitted online through the official website of the council. The candidates should provide all the necessary details in the application form as per the best of their knowledge. Along with the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
The uploaded photograph should have name of applicant and date of taking the photograph printed on it. The candidates should take a print out of confirmation page for future reference. However, there is no requirement to send the hard copy of confirmation page to UP Polytechnic council.
- The application fee for JEECUP 2023 will be Rs. 300/- (Rs. 200/- for SC/ST candidates)
- The additional bank charges will also be applicable.
- The application fee will be paid online using a credit/debit card or net banking or offline through e-challan at any branch of SBI.
UP Polytechnic 2023 Exam Pattern
The important details regarding the UP Polytechnic 2023 exam pattern are given below:
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- Number of Questions: 100
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQs will be asked
- Medium of Question Paper: Both Hindi and English
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
- Marking Scheme: 4 Marks for a correct and negative marking of 1 mark for an incorrect answer.
JEECUP 2023 exam is divided into different group based on the diploma course. Questions from different subjects will be asked for all the Groups as given below:
For Group A (Engineering & Technology Diploma)
- 50 Questions from Mathematics and 50 Questions from physics and chemistry together.
For Group B (Agriculture Engineering)
- Maths – 50 Questions.
- Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture: 50 Questions.
For Group C (Fashion Design, Home Science and Textile Design & Engineering)
- English and Hindi comprehension – 20 Questions
- Reasoning & Intelligence – 50 Questions
- General Awareness – 30 Questions
For Group D (Modern office Management and Secretarial Practice / Library and Information Science)
- English & Hindi comprehension – 30 Questions
- Reasoning & Intelligence – 35 Questions
- Numerical Ability – 10 Questions
- General Awareness – 25 Questions
For Group E (Diploma in Pharmacy)
- Physics and Chemistry – 50 Questions
- Biology or Maths – 50 Questions
For Group F (PG Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue culture))
- Chemistry – 50 Questions
- Zoology – 25 Questions
- Botany – 25 Questions
For Group G (PG Diploma courses)
- English comprehension – 20 Questions
- Numerical Ability – 15 Questions
- Reasoning – 30 Questions
- General Intelligence – 20 Questions
- General Awareness – 15 Questions
For Group H (Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- Reasoning & Logical Discussion – 25 Questions
- Numerical Ability & Scientific attitude – 25 Questions
- English – 25 Questions
- General Knowledge – 25 Questions
For Group I (Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering)
- Maths – 50 Questions
- Physics & Chemistry – 50 Questions
For Group K1 to K8 (Lateral entry in 2nd year Engineering Diploma courses)
- Depends upon the discipline in which the candidate is seeking admission.
How to Prepare for UP Polytechnic 2023
Make a Time Table and study accordingly: Make a well-structured time table and try to follow it as strictly as possible. You should divide your hours of study in a proper way so that you can cover each subject and topic.
Improve Time Management: Try to increase your speed by regular practice. Time management is going to be the key to success in JEECUP 2023 exam; you have to answer quickly as well as accurately.
Continues revision: Make sure you keep revising the topics that you will study. You must add some time for revision in your time table or study plan as well.
Check previous year Question Papers: Previous year’s question will provide you a basic idea about the type of questions to be asked and general exam pattern.
Be Self Confident: You don’t need to take any kind of stress while preparing for the exam. Ensure that you have a proper sleep and healthy diet during the course of exam preparation. You can also opt for yoga and meditation to boost your self confidence.
UP Polytechnic Recommended Books 2023
It is recommended that the candidate must follow the textbooks of their Qualifying exam for the preparation of JEECUP 2023 exam. However, there are some help books which are recommended by the experts for the UP Polytechnic preparation:
- Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance Exam (U.P.) by Dr. Lal and Jain
- UP Polytechnic Solved Papers and Practice Sets by Vidya Editorial Board
- Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic JEECUP by Arihant Publication
The applicants can download the admit card from the official website. Candidates, please note that the council will not send admit card via post. All the important information regarding the JEECUP 2023 exam such as exam date, venue etc. will be mentioned on the admit card. It will be compulsory for every candidate to carry downloaded admit card at the exam center.
The result of JEECUP 2023 exam will be announced on the official website. It is expected that the council will declare the result in the 3rd week of May 2023. The result will be consisting of marks and qualifying status of the candidates. No scorecard or rank card will be sent to the candidates. Every candidate has to download the scorecard from the website only. The council will also release answer key along with the result.
After the declaration of result, the shortlisted candidates will be called for JEECUP 2023 counseling. The candidates have to provide their choices of institutions at the time of counseling. The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of state open rank only, rest of the rankings are just for an informational purpose. The offer of admission will be made after the verification of original documents.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here