- Name of the Institute: Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu
- Type of Institute: Government Engineering Institution
- Courses Offered:Engineering courses (BE/B.Tech)
- Established in:1994
- Campus Location:Jammu
- Affiliations: Union Grant Commission (UGC)
Table of Contents
Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu Admission
The Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu (GCET) was established in the year 1994. The institute has been accredited by ‘All India Council of Technical Education’ (AICTE). The institute is affiliated to University of Jammu, Jammu. Candidates, who have completed their higher secondary education from any board of secondary education, will be eligible to take part in the admission process. Only those candidates will be eligible for admission in the institute which has qualified the JK BOSE.
Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu Campus details
New Campus of GCET has been setup at 869 Kanals of land at Chak Bhalwal, Jammu near Amb Ghrota. The new campus is 22 Kms. far from the Old University Campus, Canal Road, Jammu.Hon’ble Chief Minister Jenab Ghulam Nabi Azad on inaugurated the new campus on August 12, 2006.
Courses Offered by Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Mathematics
Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu Admission process
Candidates will be eligible for admission to the Ist Semester of 4 years B.E Degree Course after they qualify the higher secondary education from a recognised board of secondary education.
- The applicants must have passed senior secondary school examination under 10+2 Scheme with English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (Science Group).
- Moreover, applicants must have also attained minimum 50% marks at the higher secondary level of education.
- The candidates of the SC/ST categories will be eligible for admission in the institute with 40% marks.
- The admission shall be made on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Entrance Test (CET).
- The CET will be conducted by the Board of Professional Entrance Examination of the State Government for the purpose.
Selected candidates are required to deposit their fees within the stipulated time failing which they will lose their claim for admission. Fee Structure as approved by Government of Jammu & Kashmir/University of Jammu has been given in the following table:
|1.||B.E.||Ist Semester (for JK BOSE)||11650|
|2.||B.E.||Ist Semester (for other than JKBOSE)||12315|
|3.||B.E.||2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th Semester||7795|
|4.||B.E.||3rd, 5th & 7th Semester||9000|
|5.||Hostel fee||Per semester||4050|
|6.||Mess Charges||Per month||2600|
Note: In the 1st Semester an amount of Rs.605 shall be charged along with the actual fee as eligibility fee. This fee will be taken from the candidates who passed the higher secondary school exam from education school board other than the J&K Board.
Facilities offered by Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu
- Green and pollution free campus in the mountain valley with Scenic beauty
- Dhanvantri Library of JU (The Dhanvantri Library is the Central Library of the University.
- The library has been set up in a 3 storied building having spread in an area of 60,000 sq.ft.
- First Aid Clinic
- Guest House
- Separate Hostel facility for boys and girls
- Cafeteria and Canteens
Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu Contact Details
Jammu, J&K State(India)
|District||Jammu, J&K, India|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|