A number of courses are offered by the Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) and interested candidates can apply for admission to any of the course depending on their eligibility requirements. The application form for admissions will be released tentatively in the month of February 2021 through online mode. The institute conducts entrance exams for selecting the candidates for enrolment into different programmes. This article provides complete details related to JMI Admission 2021 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, etc.
The Jamia Millia Islamia institute offers the following UG, PG and diploma courses:
- BA, BA (Hons) in Korean Language/ Turkish Language & Literature/ Arabic/ English/ Hindi/ Mass Media Hindi/ History/ Islamic Studies/ Persian/ Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Sociology/ Economics/ Political Science/ Psychology
- B.Tech in Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication/ Mechanical Engineering
- B.Vocational in Food Production/ Medical Laboratory Sciences/ Medical Electrophysiology
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- B.Lib.I.Sc. (Bachelor of Library & Information Science)
- B.Ed/ B.Ed (Special Education)/ B.Ed (Nursery Education)
- BFA in Applied Art/ Art Education/ Painting/ Sculpture
- BA LLB (Hons)
- B.Sc, B.Sc Aeronautics (Mechanical/ Avionics)
- MA in Arabic/ English/ Hindi/ History/ Islamic Studies/ Urdu/ Sanskrit/ Economics/ Social Work/ Human Resource Management/ Sociology/ Political Science/ Human Rights & Duties Education/ Public Administration/ Applied Psychology/ Educational Planning and Administration/ Education/ Mass Communication/ Convergent Journalism/ Development Communication/ Visual Effects and Animation/ Politics: International & Area Studies/ Conflict Analysis and Peace Building/ Comparative Religion/ Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy/ International Relations-West Asian Studies/ Media Governance/ Gender Studies/ International Studies –Arab Islamic Culture/ Early Childhood Development
- M.Tech Energy Sciences/ Computational Mathematics/ Environmental Science & Engineering/ Earthquake Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Electrical Power System & Management/ Control & Instrumentation System/ Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Production and Industrial Engg./ Nano technology
- M.Arch in Architecture Pedagogy/ Healthcare Architecture/ Building Services/ Recreational Architecture/ Urban Regeneration/ Ekistics
- MFA in Applied Art/ Art Education/ Art History & Art Appreciation/ Graphic Art/ Print Making/ Painting/ Sculpture
- MBA, MBA in International Business/ Entrepreneurship & Family Business/ Tourism and Travel
- MPT in Sports/ Orthopedics/ Neurology/ Cardiopulmonary
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management
- Master of Hotel Management
- M.Sc in Banking and Financial Analytics/ Electronics
- M.Lib.I.Sc (Masters of Library & Information Science)
- M.Sc in Biophysics/ Mathematics Education
- M.Ed, M.Ed (Special Education)
- Advanced Diploma in Public Health Advanced Diploma in Counseling Psychology
- Diploma Engineering (Civil / Computer / Electrical/ Electronics / Mechanical)
- PG Diploma in Still Photography & Visual Communication
- PG Diploma in TV Journalism (Hindi Medium)
- PG Diploma in Iranology (Part-time)
- PG Diploma in Urdu Mass Media
- PG Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management
- PG Diploma in Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Design Thinking
- Diploma in Unani Pharmacy
- PG Diploma in Educational Management
- Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed)
- PG Diploma in Labor Law
- PG Diploma in Air and Space Law
- PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology
- PG Diploma in Journalism (Hindi Medium)
- PG Diploma in Molecular Diagnostics
- PG Diploma in Acting
JMI Admission 2021 Important Dates
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to Jamia Millia Islamia Admission 2021 in the table below:
|Availability of prospectus||3rd week of February 2021|
|Release of online application form||3rd week of February 2021|
|Last date for submission of application form||4th week of March 2021|
|Application correction will begin from||4th week of March 2021|
|Closing of application correction process||Last week of March 2021|
|Publication of admit card||2nd week of April 2021|
|Entrance exam date||2nd week of April 2021|
|Result announcement||Last week of June 2021|
|Commencement of counseling process||1st week of July 2021|
|Beginning of classes||3rd week of July 2021|
|Last date to submit qualifying exam result||3rd week of September 2021|
JMI Eligibility Criteria 2021
Course-wise eligibility criteria to apply for Jamia Millia Islamia Admission 2021 are provided below/
- B.Sc: A pass in class 12th exam scoring not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics individually and in aggregate is required.
- M.Sc: Applicants who have passed B.Sc exam in related specialization with not less than 55% marks can apply.
- BA: The candidates who have passed their class 12th exam with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or in the concerned subject are eligible.
- MA: A BA or BA (Hons.) degree in the relevant discipline scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate or BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com with minimum 55% marks in aggregate is required.
- BCA: The candidates who clear their class 12th exam with Mathematics as a subject are eligible
- MCA: Applicants with a bachelor degree in Science/ Natural Science/ Social Science/ Engineering/ Technology with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 or higher level or BCA/ B.Sc (IT/ CS) with at least 50% marks are eligible.
- B.Com: Candidates should have cleared their class 12th with not less than 50% marks in aggregate or in the Commerce subject.
- M.Com: Those with a B.Com or equivalent degree can apply for M.Com degree program.
- B.Ed: A bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree with no less than 50% marks in aggregate is required.
- M.Ed: Candidates with B.Ed/ BA B.Ed/ B.Sc B.Ed/ B.El.Ed or D.El.Ed with an undergraduate degree with at least 50% marks are eligible.
- B.Tech: Those who pass their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or hold a Diploma in Engineering with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks can apply. The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years on 1st October of the year of admission.
- M.Tech: Candidates should hold a BE/ B.Tech degree in relevant discipline with at least 60% marks in aggregate.
- B.Arch: A pass in class 12th exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and overall or any Diploma with Mathematics as a subject with at least 50% marks is required.
- M.Arch: The applicants who have a B.Arch degree are eligible to apply for admission to M.Arch degree course.
Application Form for JMI Admission 2021
The application form for JMI Admission 2021 will be made available through online mode. Candidates can obtain the application form by visiting the official website of the university www.jmi.ac.in.
- The candidates will be asked to provide their basic personal, academic, contact and other details into the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should be uploaded in the application form in scanned format.
- After providing all the details as asked in the form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates will also have to submit a specified amount of application fee.
- The candidates should take a printout of the duly filled and submitted application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Candidates can make payment of the application fee via online mode using net banking/ credit card/ debit card. The application fee structure for different faculties is provided below.
|Faculty of Engineering and Technology (except B.Tech)|
Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics (except B.Arch)
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Dentistry
Centre for Management Studies
Centre for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
AJK Mass Communication Research Centre
All other faculties
JMI 2021 Admit Card
- The candidates can obtain their JMI exam admit card 2021 by visiting the official website of the university.
- To download the admit card, the candidates will have to provide their registration details.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken after downloading and carried by the candidates while reporting to exam center.
- Details about the entrance exam such as date, time and venue will be printed on the admit card.
- Important instructions to be followed at the exam center can also be found on the admit card.
JMI Admission 2021 Result
- The result of the JMI entrance exam is expected to be announced in the month of June 2021 through online mode.
- By visiting the official website of the institute and providing their roll number the candidates will be able to check their result.
- On the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared.
- Candidates will be invited to take part in the counseling process based on their names in the merit list.
JMI Counseling 2021
- Candidates shortlisted for counseling should appear for the same as per the schedule communicated through the university’s website.
- While reporting, the candidates should carry all important documents with them in original and photocopy.
- Documents will be verified and the candidates will be asked to provide their choice for course specialization.
- Admission will be granted to the candidates on the basis of merit in the exam and choice provided by them.
- Such candidates will then have to complete all the formalities of admission and secure their seat.
JMI Admission 2021 FAQs
Is it possible to fill the JMI admission application form offline?
No. The candidates can fill the JMI admission application form through online mode only.
Can I make correction in the application form after submission?
A correction window will be provided to the candidates for making corrections in the application form. Changes can be made while the window is open.
Will the university send me the score card of the entrance exam through post?
No. The result of the entrance exams will be made available on the official website of the institute only.
I am in the final year of my qualifying exam. Can I still apply?
Yes you can. However, you must acquire the minimum eligibility criteria laid down by JMI before the commencement of counseling/ admission process.
Can I ask for change in course specialization after taking admission?
Depending on the rules of the university, the candidates may be granted a change in course specialization after taking admission. However, there is no guarantee for this.