The Jadavpur University will release the official notification for Jadavpur University B.Ed. Admission 2023. Interested and eligible candidates need to fill and submit the online application form before the last date in order to apply. Please note that the B.Ed. program of the university is designed on an effective learning-cum-teaching process. It is expected that the application process will begin in the month of July 2023. The admission will be provided to both fresher and deputed candidates. Before filling the application form, candidates must make sure they fulfill the eligibility criteria as notified by the university.
Table of Contents
Jadavpur University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of Jadavpur University B.Ed. Admission 2023 is given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Last date for the submission of application form in online mode||3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date to submit application fee||3rd week of July 2023|
|Publication of the provisional merit list||Last week of July 2023|
Jadavpur University B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates seeking admission must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria as decided by the university. Given below are the category-wise eligibility criteria that every candidate must know before filling the application form.
- Fresher candidates: The age of a candidate should be less than 35 years as on July 2023.
- Deputed candidates: There is no upper or lower age limit for admission.
- General (For both Fresher): Candidates must have honours graduate/ Master degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized degree.
- General (For Deputed): Candidates must have honours graduate/ special honours/ Master degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized degree.
- SC/ ST (For Fresher): Candidates must have honours graduate/ Master degree with a minimum of 40% marks from a recognized degree.
- PD (For Fresher): Candidates must have honours graduate/ Master degree with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized degree.
- SC/ ST (For Deputed): Candidates must have honours graduate/ special honours/ Master degree with a minimum of 40% marks from a recognized degree.
- PD (For Deputed): Candidates must have honours graduate/ Master degree with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized degree.
Points to remember
- To be selected for admission under the deputed category, only those teachers who are teaching in class IX, X, XI, and XII are eligible.
- All applicants must have completed results at Bachelors (Honours) level and also passed in all papers.
Jadavpur University B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The application form for Jadavpur University B.Ed. Admission 2023 will release in online mode. Those who are looking to apply need to visit the official website in order to access the application form.
- To start the application process, candidates have to register on the official website.
- After the registration process gets over, applicants will receive login credentials on their mobile phone and alternate email ID.
- Then, candidates are required to sign-in using the credentials after registration to access the main application form.
- In the main application form, candidates have to enter their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- In addition to the details, candidates are also required to upload their scanned photographs and signature in the application form.
- Next, the candidates have to pay the necessary application fee.
- After submitting the form and fee, candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future references.
- The application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 100/-
- Interested candidates can pay the fees online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
Jadavpur University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Selection Process
The selection process is different for the fresher and deputed category as given below.
- The selection of fresher candidates will be based on the merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared as per the manner explained in the table given below.
|For Secondary or equivalent (On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained)||% of marks x 0.1|
|For Higher Secondary or equivalent||% of marks x 0.2|
|Obtained Marks will be calculated on the basis of:
1. W.B.C.H.S.E.: Best of 4 subjects excluding marks of Environmental
Studies/Environmental Education (out of 400 marks)
2. Central Board of Secondary Education / Council for the Indian
School Certificate / Other Boards: Best of 4 subjects (out of 400 marks)
|For Honours Graduates (On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained in Honours paper only)||% of marks x 0.3|
|For Post Graduate||% of marks x 0.4|
- The selection of deputed candidates will be made based on the number of years of uninterrupted approved service in Government or Government aided schools.
Merit List and Admission
- Once the application form submission gets over, the university will prepare separate merit lists for fresher and deputed candidates.
- To check the merit list, candidates have to visit the official website of Jadavpur University.
- Those who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to take part in the counseling.
- The documents of the candidates will also be verified at the time of the counseling.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and admission fee payment.
- It is important for all the candidates to carry the following documents at the time of counseling.
- A print out of the on-line application
- 3 recent passport size photographs
- Online payment receipt
- All original marksheets, certificates including SC/ST/PD certificates from competent authorities
- The original madhyamik admit card/certificate (for age verification).
- Attested copies of all marksheets, certificates, madhyamik admit card/ certificate are to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Parents/guardian’s income certificate issued by the employer with office seal
- In case of deputed candidates –
- A copy of the appointment letter from the District Inspector of Schools
- A No Objection Certificate from the Managing Committee of the school duly countersigned by the District Inspector of Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which the mode the application form of Jadavpur University B.Ed. Admission 2023 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 2: Is there any entrance exam to be conducted by the university to select the candidates?
Answer: No, there will not be any B.Ed entrance exam to shortlist the candidates.
Question – 3: What is the fee structure for the B.Ed. Course?
Answer: As per the previous year, the fee structure for the B.Ed. Course is given below.
|Deputed candidates||Fresher candidates|
|Tuition Fees (Per Year)||Rs. 45000/- (approx.)||Rs. 6000/-|
|Session Charges||Rs. 50/-||Rs. 50/-|
|Admission Fees||Rs. 100/-||Rs. 100/-|
|Registration||Rs. 25/-||Rs. 25/-|
|Caution Deposit||Rs. 25/-||Rs. 25/-|
|Library Deposit||Rs. 50/-||Rs. 50/-|
|Health Card||Rs. 10/-||Rs. 10/-|
|Sports Fee||Rs. 100/-||Rs. 100/-|
|Total||Rs. 45,360/- (approx.)||Rs. 6360/-|
Question – 4: When will the application form be released?
Answer: It is expected that the application form will release in the month of July 2023.
Question – 5: In case I can’t get admission, will I get my application fee back?
Answer: Please note that the application fee once paid will not be refunded.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here