Indraprastha University (IPU) will soon be inviting applications for admission in different undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by it. Candidates need to apply for IPU CET 2023 to be eligible for admission into courses such as- BCA, BBA, LLB, B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, MCA, LLM, and so on. Interested candidates can apply for the test by filling the online application form.
Before moving to the application form, candidates are suggested to make sure that they fulfill the eligibility requirement laid down by the authority. The exam will be organized in offline mode where the candidates will be provided with a question booklet and OMR answer sheet to mark the answers. Candidates will get 2 hours 30 minutes to complete the test.
Table of Contents
IPU CET 2023 Overview
- The application form for IPU CET can only be filled in online mode. No printed form shall be released by the authority in this regard.
- No CET shall be conducted for admission in B.Arch program.
- Admission in medical programs of MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ DM/ M.Ch will solely be done on the basis of NEET-UG/PG/SS/AIA-PGET tests.
- The application form for CET should be submitted on or before the due date given by the authority. Form received post the submission date will be rejected by the authority.
- Candidates have to fill a separate application form for each programme having distinct CET code.
- A merit list will be drawn by the authority based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination. Such candidates will further be asked to attend the counselling conducted by the University.
IPU CET 2023 Eligibility criteria
Applicants can check their eligibility status (whether they can appear in the exam or not) from the criteria mentioned below-
Age criteria: For UG courses, the age of the candidates should not exceed 21 years as on 1st August 2023. For PG courses, candidate’s age should not be more than 35 years as on 1st August 2023.
|BA LLB/BBA LLB||Applicants should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent with English as mandatory subject. They should have obtained minimum 50% aggregate marks.|
|B.Tech||A pass in class 12th exam from a recognized board with PCM subject group is required. A mandatory pass in English is also required. Appearing candidates can also apply.|
|BBA||Applicants should have passed class 12th with English as compulsory subject and have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks.|
|BCA||Candidates should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent securing minimum 50% marks with pass in English and Mathematics or Computer Science / Informatics Practice / Computer Applications / Multimedia & Web Technology / Data Management Application / Web Application as compulsory subject of non-vocational stream. Those who have done diploma in engineering can also apply.|
|LLB||Application should possess a valid bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.|
|LLM||A degree in LLB from a university recognized by the BCI is required. Applicants should have obtained at least 50% aggregate marks.|
|MCA||Candidates should have done BE/B.Tech or BCA from a recognized university and have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate.|
|M.Tech||A pass in BE/B.Tech or Grad. IETE/AMIE or M.Sc/MCA with minimum 60% aggregate marks is required.|
|MBA and Allied programs||Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.|
IPU CET 2023 Application form
To fill the application form for IPU CET 2023, candidates need to visit the official website of IPU i.e. www.ipu.ac.in. The application form will be fully automated and the payment has to be made online. There will be two forms one for personal details and other for course-related details. Applicants need to fill their personal and educational information correctly. If at any stage, the details provided by the candidates are found to be incorrect, then the candidature of that candidate shall be cancelled to the immediate effect.
The application form will bear the following details- name, date of birth, gender, religion, category, qualifying exam, year of passing, percentage obtained, address etc. No correction window will be provided to the candidates once the form is submitted successfully. Candidates will also need to upload their scanned photograph, left-hand thumb impression and signature in the form. It is mandatory for the candidates to pay the requisite amount of application fee for the exam. Form received without the application fee will be treated as incomplete and invalid.
Applicants are required to pay Rs. 1000/- for each course they apply to. The fee can be paid through online banking, credit card, and debit card.
IPU CET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for IPU CET is provided below-
- Exam mode: Pen and Paper-based
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Language: English only
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: +4 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
IPU CET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabi for admission in undergraduate programs will be based on the syllabus prescribed for class 12th level. For postgraduate programs, the syllabus will vary accordingly. For example, candidates seeking admission in M.Tech course need to prepare as per the GATE exam syllabus. Similarly, for other PG courses, candidates are required to study relevant UG syllabus.
IPU CET 2023 Admit card
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the university to obtain the admit card.
- The admit card of IPU CET 2023 can be downloaded by using log-in ID and password.
- No admit card shall be sent to the candidates via post or any other means except the online one.
- Candidates are required to keep a printout copy of the downloaded hall ticket and retain it for further reference.
- They must carry the admit card to the exam hall otherwise the authority won’t allow them to take the test.
- Candidates are also advised to bring a valid govt. id proof to the exam hall along with the admit card.
IPU CET 2023 Result and Counselling
- Candidates can check the result of IPU CET 2023 exam from the official website of the university a week or two after the commencement of the exam.
- The university will publish the merit list bearing the names of the candidates who have qualified the exam as per the cutoff decided by the authority.
- Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to attend the counselling process where a seat will be allocated to them based on the following given parameters- merit rank, seat availability, choice opted during counselling and fulfillment of eligibility criteria.