The Indraprastha University (IPU) will be conducting a common entrance test for shortlisting the candidates for enrolment into B.Ed degree programmes. Admissions will be offered to the candidates into B.Ed and B.Ed Special Education (Hearing Impairment, Mental Retardation, Learning Disability, and Autism Spectrum Disorder) courses. The exam is supposed to be conducted in the month of May 2019 and will be held in offline mode. The interested candidates can get the complete details related to IP University B.Ed 2019 such as eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, admit card, etc from this article.
The tentative dates related to IPU B.Ed 2019 are provided below. These dates will be updated after the official announcement is made by the concerned authorities.
|For B.Ed (CET BED)||For Special B.Ed (CET BEDSPL)|
|Availability of application form||To be notified||To be notified|
|Last date of submitting applications||1st week of May 2019||1st week of May 2019|
|Issue of admit card||1st week of May 2019||2nd week of May 2019|
|Date of Common Entrance Test (CET)||2nd week of May 2019||3rd week of May 2019|
|Announcement of result||4th week of May 2019||Last week of May 2019|
|Commencement of counseling||To be notified||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for IPU B.Ed Admission 2019
The candidates need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria if they wish to apply for the entrance test:
- The candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree programme or master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities with at least 50% marks.
- The candidates with bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics and at least 55% marks or equivalent are eligible.
- The candidates appearing in their qualifying exam in the year 2019 are eligible too.
IP University B.Ed 2019 Application Form
The application form will be released only in online mode on the official website of the university ipu.ac.in. The candidates should first match their eligibility criteria before they submit their application.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and educational details.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format in the application form.
- If the candidates make any kind of error in the form, a physical application regarding the same must be sent within 5 working days of the last date of form submission along with a processing fee of Rs. 500/-.
- The candidates should carefully select the CET they are applying for (BED or BEDSPL), as no change will be allowed in the CET after the application submission.
- The applicants should retain a printout of the application form along with them as proof of application.
How to Apply for the exam?
Please follow the procedure as given below in order to apply for IPU B.Ed entrance exam:
- You need to go to the official website of GGSIPU first.
- Further, you need to click the application form link.
- Full up the details as required in the application form.
- Be sure that the details you provide in the application form must match to your documents.
- Thereafter, you need to attach the scanned copy of your signature and photograph in the prescribed format.
- Make payment of application fee using credit card/debit card/net banking.
- At the last, you need to take a printout of your application form for further use
The basic pattern for IP University B.Ed exam 2019 is given below
- Duration of exam: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Medium of exam: Both English and Hindi
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Number of questions: 150
- Type of questions: objective type
- Total marks: 600
- Marking scheme: Each question shall carry four marks. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Mental Ability and Reasoning||40%|
|Aptitude for Teaching||20%|
- The candidates who submit their application in time will be able to download their IPU B.Ed 2019 admit card form the official website.
- The candidates will be required to submit their login id and password generated at the time of application to download their admit card.
- In the admit card, the details related to the candidate and the exam will be mentioned.
- The candidates must carry the admit card to the exam center or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The admit card should be preserved till the complete process of admission is over.
Result of IP University B.Ed 2019 exam
- The IPU B.Ed exam result 2019 will be declared hopefully in the month of May.
- The candidates will be able to check the result in online mode.
- No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding declaration of results.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the entrance test.
- The candidates who are declared as qualified will be invited to take part on the admission process.
- The counseling of the shortlisted candidates, whose names appear in the merit list, will be conducted by the official authorities.
- The complete details of the counseling process and its schedule will be communicated to the candidates through the official website.
- The candidates must carry all the important documents along with them at the time of counseling.
- After the eligibility and certificates of the candidates are verified, they will be allotted a seat based on their rank and the availability of seat.