Table of Contents
|Name of the Institute/University||
Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur
|Type of Institute||Private engineering institute|
Engineering and Technology Courses in several disciplines
|Campus Location||Durgapur, Burdwan, West Bengal|
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT)
About Institute Of Engineering and Industrial Technology, Durgapur
The ‘Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology’, Durgapur, which is abbreviated as ‘IEIT’, is one of the renowned engineering institutes of the state of West Bengal. It is a private institute which was established in 2008 to offer various bachelor level engineering courses to the eligible candidates. The college has got the affiliation from the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT). The college has also been approved by ‘All India Council for Technical Education’ (AICTE) and the ‘Directorate of Technical Education’ (DTE) and ‘Department of Higher Education’, Govt. of West Bengal.
In 2010, the engineering institute has been renamed to Sanaka Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions (SETGOI) after it has been accredited by the ‘All India Council of Technical Education’ (AICTE). Candidates looking for admission in the institute can get all the information about the Institute Of Engineering and Industrial Technology, Durgapur Admission (IEIT Admission) and the related information about the application submission process, admission process, eligibility criteria, and the placement etc.
Courses Offered by Institute Of Engineering and Industrial Technology, Durgapur
|Sl No.||Course Name||No of Seats|
|1.||Civil Engineering (CE)||60|
|2.||Mechanical Engineering (ME)||60|
|3.||Electrical Engineering (EE)||60|
|4.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)||60|
|5.||Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||60|
|6.||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||60|
|7.||Bachelor of Archaeology||___|
|8.||3 years’ Diploma Courses||___|
The details of the eligibility criteria have been given in the following table:
|S.No.||Name of the course||Eligibility criteria||Duration of the course|
|1.||B.Tech (1st year)||
· Candidates must a valid rank in WBJEEM/JEE (Main) 2018.
· He must be born on or before 31.12.2001.
· He must have studied the Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subject along with any one of the subjects from Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology.
· He should have attained aminimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST) in the above subjects taken together in ahigher secondary school exam.
· He must have scored30% marksin English in 12th standard.
|2.||B.Tech (2nd Year lateral entry)||· Candidates must a valid rank in JELET 2018.
· He must have passed diploma from AICTE approved college with 45% marks. OR
· Passed B.Sc. with 45% marks with Mathematics as a subject in the HSC Exam (12th).
|3.||B.Arch (1st Year)||· He must have avalid rank in WBJEEM/JEE (MAIN) 2018.
· His NATA score must be more than 80.
· He must be born on or before 31.12.2001.
· He must have attained aminimum of 50% marks in aggregate in 12th standard with Mathematics as a subject.
· He needs to have passed Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subject along with any one of the subjects from Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology.
· He must have passed in English in 12th standard as a compulsory subject.
|4.||Diploma courses||· He must have valid rank in JEXPO 2018
· He must be bornon or before 01.01.2003.
· He must have attained minimum 35% marks in aggregate in 10th standard without an Additional subject.
· He must have studied English in 10th standard with 45% marks in Science &Mathematics (for Non-JEXPO candidates).
If candidates fulfil the eligibility criteria, they can apply online through the official website for the desired course they want to pursue. Candidates need to fill all the details in the online application form. The admission board will send all the details on the email address about the admission procedure.
- Those candidates, who have got the WBJEE rank upto 40000 &JEE (M) rank upto 250000 will be required to pay the admission fee of Rs. 247,850.00 for the whole programme.
- Candidates having WBJEE rank above 40000 &JEE (M) rank above 250000 will be required to pay the Course fee of Rs. 294,200.
- For more details of the comprised and updated fee structure of the courses, candidates need to visit the official website of the Institute.
Facilities in the Institute Of Engineering and Industrial Technology, Durgapur
- Conversant faculty
- Separate hostel facility for boys and girls
- Spacious classrooms
- Wi-Fi campus with fast internet connectivity
- Health Centre
- Labs and workshops
- Auditorium / Seminar Hall
- Canteen cumCafeteria
- Sports and games Facilities
- Ragging free campus
The IEIT’s previous placement record is praiseworthy. It has its own training and placement cell which bears all the responsibility to groom candidates’ skill and personality so that they can grab a good job in the campus placement. It is also ensured that all candidates get placed in the national or multinational companies.
|Address||Institute of Engineering & Industrial Technology, Durgapur
Vill &Post: Malandighi,
Kanksha, Durgapur, West Bengal, India