IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Madras is counted as one of the highly reputed educational institution institute of India. Recently, the institute has invited application for admission to PhD (Doctor of Philosphy) programs in Sciences, Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, Entrepreneurship /Management for January-May and July-November session. All candidates seeking admission to above mentioned courses are required to check the eligibility criteria and thereafter, they should move to apply. Candidates can gather all related information of IIT Madras PhD admission such as eligibility criteria, important dates, procedure of application, selection procedure etc. We recommend all candidates to read this article to gather all these mentioned information.
IIT, Madras PhD Admission Important Dates
Please take a look on important dates for admission to PhD course in IIT Madras:
- Last date for online application: October
- Date of exam: October
- Interview date: November
IIT, Madras PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria
Please go through the eligibility criteria for admission to PhD course in IIT, Madras:
Eligibility Criteria for PhD in Engineering Program
- Candidates should hold a M.E/M.Tech or any Master’s degree through research in engineering & technology along with exceptional academic record.
- Candidates having very good academic record in Master’s degree in Sciences and a genuine score of CSIR NET/ UGC/NBHM/Inspire or its equivalent can also apply for the same.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD in Science Program
Candidates who are interested to get admission into Phd Course in Science program they should meet with the criteria specified below:
- Candidates should be having a Master’s degree along with exceptional academic record and a genuine GATE / CSIR-JRF / UGCJRF or NET / INSPIRE / NBHM score are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates having Master’s degree in Engineering and Technology along with are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD in Engineering
Candidates studying in the 9th semester of MTech- BTech dual degree or in 3rd semester of ME.M.Tech are eligible to apply.
To know more candidates may visit the official website of IIT Madras i.e. https://www.iitm.ac.in/
IIT, Madras PhD Admission Application Form: How to Apply?
Candidates who are interested to apply for admission into PhD course at IIT Madras need to download the application form from its official website. Candidates may visit the official website to explore more information regarding admission procedure.
IIT, Madras PhD Admission Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and interview which is organized by the institute. Candidates need to try their level best while preparing for the exam.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here