Indian Institute of Technology Goa will release the official notification for IIT Goa PhD Admission 2022. The selection of candidates will be based on a written test followed by an interview. Candidates with a master’s/ B.tech or any other equivalent degree in the relevant subject will be invited to take part in the admission process. Interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. Before filling the application form, aspirants must check the eligibility criteria carefully. Students should go through this post to know complete details regarding IIT Goa Ph.D. Admission 2022.
The tentative dates related to the IIT Goa PhD Admission 2022 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||3rd week of December 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of December 2022|
|Last date for the submission of application fee||Last week of December 2022|
|Date of online interview||2nd week of January 2022|
IIT Goa PhD Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria for IIT Goa PhD Admission 2022 are different for students from various categories.
Students of Engineering and Technology
- Candidates should have a master’s degree in engineering/ technology or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or a minimum of 6.0 CGPA/ CPI score on a scale of 10.
- Those aspirants who have completed B.Tech/ M.Sc. in engineering/ technology or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks (or equivalent CGPA) can also apply.
Note: SC/ ST candidates will get a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam.
General Eligibility Criteria for Science Stream Students
- Aspirants must have a master’s degree in science with a minimum of 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA. (55% marks or 5.5 CGPA for SC/ ST students)
General Eligibility Criteria for Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) Streams
- Applicants should have a master’s degree in arts or allied subjects with at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA (55% marks of 5.5 CGPA for SC/ ST candidates)
Additional Requirements/ Eligibility
Apart from the educational qualification mentioned above, candidates also need to meet any of the following eligibility criteria.
- Valid GATE score in a relevant stream.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR Fellowship in the relevant streams.
- Candidates with UGC-NET Lectureship (LS) or M.Phil. in a relevant discipline are also eligible for Teaching Assistantship in addition to other academic qualifications in the Humanities & Social Sciences stream. Candidates with an exceptional academic record without UGC-NET will also be considered based on their score in the written test and interview conducted by the SHSS.
- Aspirants should have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the relevant field.
IIT Goa PhD 2022 Application Form
The application form for IIT Goa PhD Admission will release in online mode. Those who want to apply need to visit the official website in order to access the application form. Complete details related to the application form submission are given below.
- To begin the application process, candidates have to register as new users on the official website.
- At the time of registration, aspirants are required to provide their valid email ID.
- In the main application form, candidates have to enter their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- All details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- In addition to the details, candidates are required to upload the recent Passport Photograph (Maximum 200KB), scanned copy of Signature (Maximum 12KB), detailed CV, and Mark sheets as per eligibility (Maximum 400KB).
- The CV uploaded in the application form should contain the information about the projects completed during Bachelor’s and master’s degree and recognition/ awards received by candidates.
- It is also compulsory for all candidates to pay the necessary application fees while submitting the form.
- Before submitting the form, candidates must check the preview carefully.
- It is recommended to take a printout of the application form submitted for future references.
The application fees are different for candidates from different categories.
- Female candidates: Nil
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ EWS Category candidates: Nil
- All other candidates: Rs. 200/-
Mode of payment: The fee can be paid by NEFT/RTGS online payment system. Details about the institute’s bank account are as follows.
- Bank Name: Corporation Bank
- Account Name: Student Fee Account IIT Goa
- Account Number: 520101260768219
- Branch: Farmagudi
- IFSC: CORP0001328
IIT Goa PhD Admission 2022 Selection Process
- Those candidates who will get submit the application form before the last date will be shortlisted for the interview. For some subjects, interviews can also be supplemented by a written test.
- In order to shortlist candidates, the institute will consider marks secured by candidates in the qualifying exam and other exams such as GATE depending upon the course.
- Based on the candidate’s performance in the interview and qualifying exam, a final merit list of admission will be released.
Interview for Admission
- To select candidates for admission, the institute will conduct interviews.
- Only those candidates will be invited to participate in the interview who will get shortlisted based on the qualifying examination marks. You should note that a written test will also be conducted along with the interview.
- There will two rounds of interviews. Only those candidates who will clear the first round will be invited to take part in the second round of the interview.
- Usually, interviews are conducted one month before the starting of classes.
Result and Admission
- The result of the written test and interview will be declared online through the official website.
- In order to check the result, candidates have to provide their registration details on the official portal.
- Those candidates who will get shortlisted for admission will be asked to get their documents verified.
- After verification of documents and payment of fee, admission of a candidate will be confirmed.
Frequently Asked Question
Question – 1: In which mode, the application form for IIT Goa PhD Admission 2022 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 2: Is it possible to pay the application fee by a demand draft?
Answer: No, the application fee cannot be paid offline. The application fee can be paid in online mode only.
Question – 3: Will there any entrance exam for the selection of candidates?
Answer: There will be interviews for all the streams. However, for some streams a written test can also be conducted.
Question – 4: Is there any point of contact for admission related query?