Indian Institute of Technology Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will release the official notification for IIT BHU PhD Admission 2022. The selection of a candidate will be based on his/ her performance in the interview to be conducted by the institute. Candidates must make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. The application form will release in online mode only. Aspirants must note that in order to select candidates for interviews, the institute will consider performance in entrance exams like CSIR NET/UGC NET JRF/ GATE/ NET/ GPAT. The complete process of IIT BHU PhD Admission 2022 is explained in this article.
The tentative dates related to the IIT BHU Ph.D. Admission 2022 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||4th week of March 2022|
|Last date for the submission of application form||3rd week of May 2022|
|Date of Interview||June 2022|
|Starting of the academic process||July 2022|
IIT BHU PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is extremely important for candidates to make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. Applications of ineligible candidates will be summarily rejected.
Engineering – Computer Science and Engineering/ Ceramic Engineering/ Biochemical Engineering/ Mining Engineering/ Metallurgical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Industrial Management/ Mechanical Engineering
- Aspirants should have a master’s degree in engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or a master’s degree in science with at least 65% aggregate marks.
- Candidates with B. Tech/ B.E with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks can also apply.
Science – Chemistry, Material Science and Technology, Mathematical Sciences, Physics
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in science with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree in science with at least 75% aggregate marks.
Pharmacy – Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology
- Candidates should have a master’s degree in pharmacy with at least 60% marks or B. Pharma degree with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks.
Humanistic Science – Humanities and Social Science
- Aspirants should have a master’s degree in a relevant subject with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or a master’s degree in science with at least 60% marks.
- Candidates with 75% aggregate marks in engineering and science are also eligible.
Note: Candidates must have appeared for entrance exams like GATE/ NET/ GPAT/ CSIR NET or UGC NET, JRF.
IIT BHU PhD 2022 Application Form
The application form for IIT BHU PhD Admission 2022 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to visit the official website in order to access the application form. The complete process of application form submission is explained below.
- To start the application form submission, aspirants have to visit the official website and register.
- In order to register, candidates have to provide some of their basic details like email address, etc.
- Next, aspirants have to sign-in by entering the login credentials generated at the time of registration.
- Then, candidates are required to provide their complete academic, personal, and contact details in the main application form.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- Apart from the details, it is also compulsory for candidates to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- Along with the application form, it is also compulsory for candidates to pay the necessary application fees.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form submitted for future references.
The application fees are different for candidates from various categories –
- General/ OBC/ EWS candidates: Rs. 500/-
- SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled candidates: Rs. 250/-
Mode of payment: Aspirants need to pay the application fees online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
IIT BHU PhD 2022 Selection Process
- All candidates will be selected based on the entrance test to be conducted by the university.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in the Interview process.
- The university will invite aspirants for interviews based on the entrance examination such as CSIR NET, UGC NET JRF, etc. Only those candidates will be allowed to take the interview who meet the required eligibility criteria.
IIT BHU PhD Interview 2022
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of entrance examination and qualifying exam performs will be invited for the interview. An interview will not be rescheduled in any case.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to reach the interview venue as per the pre-defined schedule.
- During the interview, a team of faculties will determine the subject-knowledge and general intelligence of the candidate.
- Candidates should prepare for the interview as per the subject studied by them in the qualifying examination.
Result and Admission
- The result of the interviews will be published on the official website of the IIT BHU.
- The result will be made available in the form of a merit list. Only those candidates who will clear the interview will get their names on the merit list
- Please note that benefits of reservations will also be provided to the candidates from the reserved categories at the time of the merit list preparation.
- Along with the merit list, the university will also release a waiting list. In case the seat remains vacant then candidates getting their name in the waiting list can get admission.
- The admission will be provided only after the verification of documents. It is compulsory for all candidates to get their following documents verified in order to get admission.
- 10th Class mark sheet
- 10th Class certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet
- 12th Class certificate
- Mark sheet of graduation
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Master’s degree mark sheet
- Master’s degree certificate
- Scorecard of the entrance examination taken
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I collect the printout application form for IIT BHU PhD Admission 2022 from the university campus?
Answer: No, the application form will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply have to submit the application form through the official website only.
Question – 2: Is there any entrance exam that IIT BHU will conduct in order to select the candidates?
Answer: There is no written test to be conducted by the IIT BHU. However, you need to appear for the Interview in order to get selected for admission.
Question – 3: How will I get informed in case I get selected for admission?
Answer: The University will upload a list of candidates selected on its official website.
Question – 4: Who will take the interview of shortlisted candidates?
Answer: The senior facilities of different departments will take the interview. Here is the list of departments at IIT BHU – BC – Biochemical Engineering, BM – Biomedical Engineering, CR – Ceramic Engineering, CE – Civil Engineering, CH –Chemical Engineering & Technology, CY – Chemistry, CS–Computer Science & Engineering, EE – Electrical Engineering, EE – Systems Engineering, EC – Electronics Engineering, HS – Humanistic & Studies, MS – Materials Science & Technology, ME – Mechanical Engineering, ME – Industrial Management, MT – Metallurgical Engineering, MN – Mining Engineering, PH – Pharmacy, PY – Physics, MA – Mathematical Sciences
Question – 5: Is part-time Ph.D. available at IIT BHU?
Answer: Yes, the Ph.D. in part-time education mode is also available. The four categories of admission are as follows.
- Full-Time Regular Registration Category
- Full-Time External Registration category
- Part-time Registration Category
- Full Time Sponsored Registration Category