IISc Bangalore PhD Admission: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, which is located in Bangalore, Karnataka, offers various advanced research PhD programmes in the fields of science, engineering, and technology. Candidates, who are eligible, can apply for admission in the institute to pursue the PhD courses. In the post here, candidates can get all the details of the IISc Bangalore PhD Admission and the related information of the Application form, eligibility criteria, admission process, and important dates.
Table of Contents
|S.No.||Name of the Events||Dates Assigned|
|1.||Release of the PhD admission Notification||February 2020|
|2.||Initial date of the admission Notification||February 2020|
|3.||Last date for submission of online application form||March 2020|
|4.||Last date to submit the printed version of Sponsored/ERP application form||March 2020|
Courses Offered by IISc
The PhD courses offered by the IISc have been given below in the following points:
- Doctoral Research programme (PhD in Science / Engineering)
- Doctoral External Registration programme (PhDERP)
- PhD (Integrated) courses in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria as given in the following points:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Sciences/ Agriculture.
- Candidates, who have completed their education in the 10+2+3/4 system, will be eligible to apply to the PhD programmes.
- Candidates having qualified the BE/ B Tech degree and further qualified the Mathematics/ Mathematical Statistics paper in JAM will be eligible to apply for the Mathematical Sciences discipline of the doctoral
- Candidates having BE/ B Tech degree and who have qualified in Biotechnology paper in JAM can apply for admission into the Biological Sciences discipline of the PhD programme.
- Candidates who have qualified the Joint Entrance Screening Test’(JEST) (JEST 2018)for PhD programme in Physical Sciences.
- Candidates, who wish to take admission in IISc to pursue the PhD (Integrated) programmes, must have qualified the ‘Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test’.
|S.No.||Name of the disciplines||JAM/JEST (name of the subject to be qualified)|
Biological Sciences (BL) or Biotechnology (BT) or Chemistry (CY) or Mathematics (MA) or Physics (PH)
|2.||Physical Sciences||Physics (PH) (also those who clear JEST)|
|3.||Chemical Sciences||Chemistry (CY) or Biological Sciences (BL) or Physics (PH)|
|4.||Mathematical Sciences||Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
- Candidates will offer admission based on the score attained by the candidates in the entrance test such as JAM 2018 and JEST 2018.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of the score they have obtained in the entrance test such as GATE/ CSIR-UGC NET / JRF/UGC NET / JRF/ DBT JRF/ICMR JRF/ JEST/ NBHM or any other National Entrance Test.
- Interviews will be conducted in the month of May.
- Candidates, who perform well in the interview, will be offered admission to the institute.
How to apply?
- IISc Bangalore PhD Admission/application form 2018 will be accessible online on the official website of IISc.
- Candidates are required to fill all the information correctly in the application form.
- It is vital to know that candidates applying for the Research programmes can make the preferences for a maximum of 3 departments/centres/units in one application.
- Candidates applying for the PhD (Integrated) programmes are will be eligible to make their preferences for a maximum of 2 disciplines.
- Before making the submission of the PhD admission/application form online, candidates will have to pay the application fee as well.
The application fee details have been given in the following table:
|S.No.||Candidates’ Category||Application Fee (Non-refundable)|
|1.||General / OBC||Rs. 800/-|
Sponsored candidates from Defence, DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NAL, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA PWD and CPRI
|3.||SC / ST / PH||Rs. 400/-|
IISc PhD Fee structure and Scholarship
Students, who take admission in the institute, are awarded scholarships/fellowships. Candidates can get the updated and comprised fee structure/scholarship of IISc on the official website.