IGNOU PG and Advance Diploma (School of Continuing Education): Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is India’s principal distance learning/Open University which has various courses to offer to the students at the higher educational level. The university offers numerous distance learning programmes in different disciplines. The ‘School of Continuing Education’ is also one of the open schools of the university which offers PG Diploma naming Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy (PGDCFT) and Post-Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD) which candidates can pursue after taking admission into the open school.
Before applying for admission in the open school, candidates must have known about information of the IGNOU’s ‘PG and Advance Diploma programme offered by the ‘School of Continuing Education’. Candidates have been provided all the associated information about the SOCE PG and Advance Diploma’s Eligibility Criteria, Application process, Admission process along with the fee details.
How to apply for Admission?
Candidates are required to apply for admission into the IGNOU’s ‘School of Continuing Education’ to pursue the PG and Advance Diploma programme. Candidates can apply through the online mode by login to the official website of IGNOU. It is essential for all the applicants to fill all the details correctly in the application form as asked.
The purpose and the design of PG programmes have been given the following points:
- The PG diploma is intended to enable the learners to obtain skills associated with the planning, formulation, monitoring and assessment of rural development projects and programmes.
- The programme also familiarizes the learner to the elementary facets of research and project work and aims at offering an assimilated awareness of rural development about several aspects of rural life.
- The Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy is meant to develop professionals to meet the social, and employment perspectives.
Eligibility Criteria PG and Advance Diploma programme
Candidates must have fulfilled the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible to apply for admission in the IGNOU’s PG and Advance Diploma programmes offered by the ‘School of Continuing Education’. The eligibility norms have been given in the following table:
|S.No.||Name of the PG and Advance Diploma Programmes||Required qualification||Min and Max age limit|
|1.||Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy (PGDCFT)||
Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in subjects like Child Development and Family Relationships, Human Development and Family Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Human Development and Childhood Studies, Home Science, Social Work, Medicine or other allied disciplines. “Allied disciplines” include Anthropology, Education, Philosophy, Sidha or Homeopathy Medicines, MBBS or equivalent qualification in Ayurveda, Unani, Nursing etc. from a recognized University.
|2.||Post-Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)||Graduation in any discipline||No bar|
Programmes’ Fee Details
- The course fee of the PG Advanced Diploma programmes in Rural Development/Counselling and Family Therapy must be paid by the candidates at the time of admission.
- Candidates must pay the course/admission fee through the Demand Draft.
- The demand draft is required to be made in the favour of IGNOU which will be payable at the city where the Regional Centre is located.
The fee details of all the SOCE PG Advanced Diploma programme has been given in the following table:
|S.No.||Name of the course||Fee amount||Min and max duration of course|
|1.||Post-Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)||Rs. 2,000||1-4 years|
|2.||Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy (PGDCFT)||Rs. 14,000||1-4 years|