IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 will be granted on the basis of BEd entrance exam organized by the National Testing Agency. Candidates who are looking for a career in the field of teaching and wish to pursue their B.Ed degree from IGNOU can appear for this exam. NTA is likely to release IGNOU B.Ed 2023 notification soon. All the dates related to IGNOU BEd application and other activities will be updated here after the release of its respective notification. The interested candidates can get the complete details of the IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 such as exam pattern, application form, eligibility requirements, etc from this article.
Table of Contents
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Schedule
The official dates regarding the IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 will be updated here soon.
|Availability of application form||4th week of March 2023|
|Last date of application form submission|| 4th week of April 2023
|Release of admit card||May 2023|
|Date of IGNOU BEd 2023 entrance exam||1st week of May 2023|
|Result||To be updated|
About BEd Programme in IGNOU
Duration of programme: The B.Ed programme in IGNOU is of minimum 2 years duration. Candidates are given maximum 5 years for completion of programme.
Medium of instruction: English and Hindi medium
Programme Fee: Rs.50,000/- for entire programme
- Core Courses : 16 credits
- Content-based Methodology Courses(two) : 08 credits
- Workshop – I : 04 credits
- EPC I and II : 04 credits
- Internship – I : 04 credits
- Core Courses : 12 credits
- Optional Courses : 04 credits
- Workshop – II : 04 credits
- EPC III and IV : 04 credits
- Internship – II : 12 credits
Note: One learner need to complete 72 credits for successful completion of the programme.
In order to provide wider and powerful engagement with the students and the school; the Internship is spread over both the years (check the table below). This is a necessary component of the B.Ed. programme.
|Year I||Internship I||4||4|
|Year II||Internship II||12||16|
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled who wish to apply for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023:
A> Candidates should hold Bachelor’s and/ or Master’s degree in Science/ Social Science/ Commerce/ Humanity with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Those applicants who have done Bachelor in Engineering or Technology (BE/ B.Tech) with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or equivalent qualification are also considered eligible. And,
B> The below-said categories of candidates are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-
A relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC(NCL)/ PWD category following the Central Government norms.
Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates is available following the University norms.
Having Masters’ Degree without a first degree is not accepted for purpose of Academic Studies in IGNOU.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
Candidates are only allowed to apply online for IGNOU B.Ed admission 2023 by visiting the official website of NTA i.e. https://ntaignou.nic.in. The application form submitted through any other mode are liable to be rejected. Before filling the online exam form, candidates should thoroughly read the official instructions and confirm their eligibility for exam.
Candidates must provide their own mobile number and email ID while filling the online application form as further communications from NTA will be done through this only.
How to Fill Online Application Form?
Here are the step-by-step instructions to be followed while filling the online application form:
Step 1: Register yourself online and make a note of system generated application number.
Step 2: Fill online application form by providing your personal, educational and mailing information.
Step 3: Upload Scanned Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) & Signature (between 4kb – 30kb) in
Step 4: Make payment of Rs.600/- towards examination fee using Syndicate/ICICI Payment Gateway and keep the proof of payment.
Step 5: Download the confirmation page and don’t forget to get at least four copies of Confirmation Page.
Under Vertical Reservation:
- SC :15% per PSC
- ST :71⁄2 % per PSC
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) :27% per PSC
Under Horizontal Reservation:
- PH :3% per PSC
- War-Widow :5% per PSC
- Kashmiri Migrant :1 Seat in the national merit (To inform SRD if any Kashmiri Migrant (KM) candidate is found eligible to claim the seat but would be filled up by RC only after being communicated and got
confirmed by SRD. If no applicant under the KM category is available, there is no need to keep the seat vacant).
IGNOU BED Test Centre 2023(Tentative)
|1||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR|
|32||JAMMU & KASHMIR||Jammu|
|33||JAMMU & KASHMIR||Srinagar|
|96||UTTAR PRADESH||Noida/Gr Noida|
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the IGNOU B.Ed entrance test 2023 is given as:
- Mode of exam: LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- No. of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. No negative marking for wrong answers.
- Medium of paper: English and Hindi ONLY (for B.Ed.)
|Part||Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV||Teaching- Learning & the School||25||25|
|Part B: Subject Competence (any one)|
|Section V||Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies/ English/ Hindi||20||20|
IGNOU BEd 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the B.Ed entrance exam is based on the topics from which the questions will be asked in the exam and is given below:
- General English Comprehension: Reading Comprehension, Correction of Sentences, Articles, Preposition, Tenses, Spelling, Vocabulary, Synonyms, and Antonyms, etc
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Seating Arrangement, Coding- Decoding, Blood Relations, Logical Sequence, Number and Letter Series, etc
- Educational and General Awareness: Basic questions related to science, social science (history, geography, and civics), general knowledge and education system in India are covered under this topic.
- Teaching- Learning and the School: Knowledge on the Learning Process, Classroom Training, Child Development and Psychology, Classroom Teaching, etc
- Subject Competence: The questions under this topic are asked from the subject selected by the candidates, as based on the curriculum of class 9th and 10th as prescribed by NCERT/ CBSE.
The candidates who have applied for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 will have to clear an entrance exam first. The following tricks can be helpful for the candidates in their preparation:
- First of all, understand the syllabus and then start preparation accordingly.
- Make a routine in such a manner that you are able to given proper time to every topic. Just making a time table is not enough. Stick to it in a strict manner.
- Try to solve previous year question papers as much as possible. This will also give you an even more clear understanding of the exam pattern.
- After you have gained a fair understanding of each and every topic, start practicing mock tests.
IGNOU BEd 2023 Admit Card
The candidates will be able to download their admit card form the official website of NTA. The admit card will contain important details such as candidate’s name, enrolment number, test center venue, test date & time, etc. The applicants must carry this admit card to the exam center or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam. The admit card must be kept safe until the complete process of admission is over.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission Test 2023 Result
Candidates can check IGNOU BEd entrance test result by visiting the official website of NTA. Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance combined on-line test conducted by NTA. The candidates whose status shows qualified in their result will be eligible for admissions. In case any candidate does not receive the result card, he/ she will have to communicate the Regional Director, IGNOU of his/ her region.