IGNOU B.Ed 2019: The Indira Gandhi National Open University will be announcing its entrance examination for admissions in B.Ed degree courses for the year 2019. Based on the marks scored in the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 exam, admissions will be granted in different colleges of this university. The duration of the course can vary from a minimum of 2 years to a maximum of 5 years. The B.Ed. programme will be offered in English and Hindi medium.
The aspirants who are willing to make a career in the teaching field can apply for this examination. All the necessary details related to IGNOU B.Ed 2019 such as admit card, registration, exam pattern, etc. is provided in this article.
Latest: IGNOU has released B.Ed result. Candidates can check here
IGNOU B.ed admit card has been released now. You can download here.
IGNOU B.Ed application form has been released on 22nd Oct for January 2019 session. Apply here for the exam.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Dates
In case you don’t miss you any relevant event related to the IGNOU B.Ed 2019, all the important events alongside their date of commencement is given below:
|Availability of Application Form||22nd October 2018|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||15th November 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||Released|
|Date of Entrance Examination||Successfully conducted|
|Announcement of Result||Declared|
Eligibility Criteria for the IGNOU B.Ed 2019
The following is the eligibility criteria to appear in the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 exam:
- i) The candidates with at least 50% marks in Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity are eligible. OR
- ii) The candidates with B.E. or B.Tech degree must have scored a minimum of 55% marks with specialization in Science and Mathematics. OR
iii) The applicants with a degree equivalent to i) and ii) can also apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2019 exam.
The candidates, who want to enroll for ODL (open and distance learning) courses, need to fulfill the below-mentioned criteria:
- i) The candidate should be a trained teacher which means he/ she must have completed the NCTE recognized the face-to-face teacher education program.
- ii) The candidate should be an in-service teacher in elementary education.
- A relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC-NC/ PWD categories.
- The Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates are also eligible for reservation as per the University Rules.
- The master’s degree earned without a first degree is not accepted.
- Only those candidates whose qualifying exam results are declared at the time they fill the application form, are considered eligible.
- Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed), Diploma in Primary Education (DPE) or any other teacher education programme through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) will not be considered as a teacher education programme for admission to B.Ed. (ODL).
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Application Form
The application form for IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission will be made available on the official website. The applicants should download the hard copy of the application form and fill it using black ballpoint pen.
The candidates should provide all the important details in the application form, attach the attested copies of the important documents and submit it to the concerned regional center via speed post/ registered post.
The details to be entered in the form will include:
- Personal information (name, gender, date of birth, marital status, mailing address, etc)
- Educational information of graduation and onwards (qualification, main subjects, year of passing, marks obtained, etc)
- Professional information (in-service teaching experience)
Once the form is submitted, no changes can be made to it. The address you mention in your form, if changed, should be updated at the regional center as the IGNOU will communicate at the given address only.
A photocopy of the filled-in form must be kept safe for future reference.
Registration/ application fee:
A registration fee of Rs. 1050/- will also be submitted with the application form. For payment of application fee, a demand draft payable at the city of concerned Regional Centre needs to be submitted.
The details of the fee submission will also be required in the form.
IGNOU Admission Process: Check Here
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Exam Pattern
The paper of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Exam will be divided into two major parts- Part A and Part B.
There will be 100 questions in both parts combined and the total marks will be 100.
All the questions will be of objective type. For each question, there will be 4 alternatives. If you feel that none of the 4 options are correct, you have to mark ‘0’.
The medium of the paper will be English and Hindi.
1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There may be negative marking for wrong answers.
A total duration of 2 hours will be provided to complete both the parts.
|Part||Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV||Teaching- Learning & the School||25||25|
|Part B: Subject Competence (any one)|
|Section V||Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies/ English/ Hindi||20||20|
Detailed List of the Exam Syllabus
A basic comprehension of the syllabus of the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 exam is given here:
- English Comprehension: This includes questions related to tenses, verbs, sentences, etc.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Algebra, series, word problems, etc. will be included in this.
- Educational and General Awareness: This section comprises of questions related to science, social science and general knowledge.
- Teaching- Learning and the School: Knowledge on the learning process, classroom training, etc is included in this section.
- Subject related Topics: It comprises class 9th and 10th syllabus from CBSE and NCERT.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for IGNOU B.Ed 2019 will be released on the official website. The candidates must download the admit card and affix a latest photograph, attested by a Gazetted Officer. The admit card/ hall ticket must be carried to the test center, without which the candidates will not be allowed to take their exam. The admit card must be kept safe as it will be required at the time of admission.
Result & Counseling
The candidates can check the status of their results from the official website of IGNOU by entering their enrollment number. Also, result cards indicating qualifying/ non-qualifying status in the entrance test would be dispatched to all the candidates who appear for the examination. If the result card is not received, the candidate can contact the regional director of IGNOU of his/ her region.
The qualified candidates will be invited for counseling where their original documents will be verified:
Documents to be submitted at the time of counseling:
- Original Hall Ticket
- Higher Secondary/ Sr. Secondary School Certificate indicating the date of birth, along with mark sheet.
- Degree and mark sheet of graduation/ post-graduation.
- Mark Sheet and Certificate of NCTE Recognized Teaching Programme completed through Face to Face mode
- Certificate issued by the Institution (recognized by NCTE) where the candidate has pursued his/her teacher education programme along with a copy of recognition letter issued by NCTE to that institution. If the recognition letter is not available, then the Certificate issued by the institution should contain the details of letter no. and date of recognition to the institution granted by NCTE
- Original Certificate from the recognized Secondary/ Senior Secondary schools to provide facilities for practical work including internship
- Category certificate, if applicable
- Original Experience-cum-Employment certificate (if applicable) in a letterhead of a recognized school
- Certificate to provide facilities for B.Ed practical work including internship (4 weeks in B.Ed first year and 16 weeks in B.Ed second year) from a Secondary/ Higher/ Senior Secondary school
- Affidavit by Student/ Parents/ Guardian
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Admissions
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test. The candidates who qualify the exam will be granted admissions after the verification of their documents, identity and eligibility. For admission in B.Ed programme, the qualified candidates will have to submit the program fee of Rs 50,000/- along with the original admit card signed by the invigilator at the time of examination. The program fee payment will be done via demand draft.
List of codes (To be used while filling the application form)
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||02||Odisha||21|
|Chandigarh (UT)||06||Tamil Nadu||25|
|Haryana||10||Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu (UT)||29|
|Himachal Pradesh||11||Lakshadweep (UT)||30|
|Jammu & Kashmir||12||Pondicherry (UT)||31|
|Karnataka||13||C/o 99 APO||32|
Educational Qualification Code:
|Below Matriculation, SSC/ No Formal Education||000||Post Graduation or Equivalent||006|
|Matriculation/ SSC||001||Doctoral or Equivalent||007|
|10+2 or Equivalent||002||BPP from IGNOU||008|
|Diploma in Engineering||003||Bachelor of Library Information Science||009|
|Graduation in Engineering||004||Master of Library & Information Science||010|
|Graduation or Equivalent||005|
|Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh||0101|
|Assam Higher Secondary Education Council||0401|
|Bihar Intermediate Education Council||0501|
|Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi||0701|
|Council for the Indian School (Certificate Exam), New Delhi||0702|
|National Institute of Open Schooling, Delhi||0703|
|Goa, Daman & Diu Board of Sec. & Higher Sec. Ed.||0801|
|Gujarat Secondary Education Board||0901|
|Haryana Board of School Education||1001|
|Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education||1101|
|J&K State Board of School Education (Summer)||1201|
|J&K State Board of School Education (Winter)||1202|
|Board of Pre-University Education, Karnataka||1301|
|University of Kerala||1401|
|Board of Secondary Education, MP||1501|
|Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education & Higher Secondary Board||1601|
|Board of Secondary Education, Manipur||1701|
|Mizoram Board of Secondary Education||1901|
|Nagaland Board of Secondary Education||2001|
|Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa||2101|
|Punjab School Education Board||2201|
|Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education||2301|
|Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Exam., Tamil Nadu||2501|
|Tripura Board of Secondary Education||2601|
|Board of High School & Intermediate Education, U.P.||2701|
|West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education||2802|
|Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi||3601|
|A recognized three/ two year Diploma/ Certificate after 10th Class||8888|
|Not listed in this list||9999|
|For 10+2 Vocational Stream|
|Mizoram Board of Secondary Education||1901|