Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the most popular and biggest universities in India. Every year, the university offers admission to various graduate, post-graduate, diploma & certificate study course through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) modes. The university organizes different entrance examination such as M.Phill & Ph.D., IGNOU OPENMAT XIV, B.Ed. entrance exam, OPENMAT XV, and B.Sc Nursing entrance examination etc for offering admissions to eligible candidates in their preferred academic course. The IGNOU 2019 admission application form will be obtainable through online as well as offline modes. Aspirants can check all important details about IGNOU Admission 2019 from the article mentioned below on this page.
Latest: Last date for fresh admissions for all Master, Bachelor, Diploma and Certificate programmes has been extended till 15th January 2019. Apply here
The Application Form for all the Master, Bachelors, Diploma and Certificate courses for IGNOU 2019 January session is available from 6th November 2018.
IGNOU B.Ed application process has been started from 22nd October 2018 Apply Here
IGNOU Admission 2019-2020- Complete list
- IGNOU School of Agriculture Admission
- IGNOU School of Education admission
- IGNOU School of Foreign Languages admission
- IGNOU School of Humanities admission
- IGNOU Law admission
- IGNOU School of Sciences admission
- IGNOU School of Tourism and Hospitality admission
- IGNOU School of Computer and Information Sciences admission
- IGNOU School of Engineering & Technology admission
- School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS)
- School of Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies (SOITS)
- School of Management Studies (SOMS)
- School of Social Sciences (SOSS)
- School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST)
- School of Continuing Education (SOCE)
IGNOU Admission 2019 Important dates (tentative)
Candidates can check the expected schedule for various IGNOU entrance exams from the table below:
|Events||For M.Phill & Ph.D||OPENMAT XIV||OPENMAT XV||B.Ed.|
|Starting of application form||July 2019||July 2019||July 2018||22nd October 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||July 2019||August 2019||December 2018||15th November 2018|
|Availability of admit card||August 2019||September 2019||January 2019||—|
|Date of exam||August 2019||September 2019||February 2019||—|
|Announcement of result||September 2019||December 2019||March 2019||—|
IGNOU Eligibility criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria for the various courses offered by IGNOU will be varied from each other. Candidates should satisfy the necessary eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Below, candidates can check the course wise eligibility criteria for IGNOU Admission 2019.
|Courses||Minimum Eligibility criteria|
|MBA||Candidates should have completed Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university/institution. Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply|
|MCA||Candidate should have done graduation or 12th level examination with mathematics subject|
|BCA||Should have passed 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board|
|BA/B.Com/BSW||Those who have completed 12th or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU are eligible to apply|
|MA (English/Economics/History), MSW||Candidate should hold Bachelor or a higher degree from any recognized college|
|PG Diploma in Rural Development||Candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree|
|B.Sc||Candidate should have done 12th or equivalent examination with science subject|
|Diploma in Dairy Technology/ Diploma in Tourism Studies||Should have completed 12th or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU|
Application Process for IGNOU Admission 2019
Candidates are advised to read the information brochure and eligibility criteria for the course in which they are applying before filling the application form. The university will release the application form for various courses on different dates. The admission application forms will be available in online and offline modes. For online application, candidates need to visit the official website of university. In case of offline application mode, the application form will be obtainable at regional and various study centers of the IGNOU. Candidates can check some important instructions related IGNOU application process below:
- Candidates have to fill the application form very carefully to apply for IGNOU courses.
- For each course, the application form will be available on different dates.
- Before filling the form, applicants should keep ready with required documents such as scanned photograph, signature, category certificate, age proof, educational certificates, BPL certificate, and work experience certificates.
- Candidates have to select the desired programme and fill the required details as asked application form carefully.
- After completing the application filling up process, candidates have to submit the duly filled application form before the due date.
- On successful registration, username and password will be sent to the candidate’s email Id via SMS.
- Make the payment of applicable application fee as per the prescribed payment gateway.
Exam pattern & Syllabus
The exam pattern & syllabus for IGNOU admission 2019 will be varied course wise. Candidates need to check the complete syllabus and the respective exam pattern according to the course they opted. Basically, the entrance test will include the topics like quantitative analysis, attitude, logical reasoning, GK, etc. Candidates can check the IGNOU syllabus in detail from the official website.
Hall Ticket /admit card
Most likely, the admit card of IGNOU entrance exams will be issued at least two weeks before the date of examination. IGNOU admit card will be released in online mode at the university’s official website. Candidates can download the admit card by submitting their login details.
The officials will release the IGNOU 2019 result for different entrance tests on different dates. Candidates can check their result through online mode from the official website. To check the result online, candidates need to enter their registration number or roll number in the specified fields. Candidates are advised to keep their IGNOU scorecard safe till the admission process.
IGNOU Admission process 2019
After the announcement of result, the IGNOU admission process will be commenced. Selection of candidates will be strictly based on the choice filling, and regional merit in the entrance exam. The selected candidates will be invited to appear for the counselling procedure which will be conducted at the respective Regional Centers of IGNOU. The final admission will be confirmed only after the verification of required document during IGNOU counselling. It is mandatory for the candidates to report in the allotted Institution/college within a given time period to verify their seat.