IELTS 2021: The International English Language Testing System abbreviated as IELTS is an international standardized test of English language proficiency. The exam is organized to assess the language ability of candidates who want to study or work in a country where English is the main language of communication. IELTS exam is mutually managed by the British Council, IDP and University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. There are two types of IELTS exam namely Academic Version (for education) and General Training Version (for work or migrating purpose).
Candidates who are planning to apply for IELTS 2021 are advised to go through the below post. Here, we are listing complete details on IELTS 2021 exam such as eligibility, exam pattern, application process etc.
Table of Contents
IELTS 2021 Important Dates
Aspirants can appear the exam 4 times a month. To check IELTS exam dates in India for 2021, you need to visit the official website i.e. https://www.britishcouncil.in/exam/ielts/test-dates-fees-and-locations. After opening the official website link, you need to select your country and the preferred examination city which is suitable to you along with the type of exam you’d need to apply (select between IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training). Thereafter, the IELTS test dates 2021 will be appeared on the screen and click apply by filling up the online application form. Candidates should note that both IDP and the British Council offer the IELTS test on 48 fixed dates a year, consecutively into 4 times a month.
Eligibility Criteria IELTS 2021
There will be some eligibility conditions set by the authority to take IELTS 2021 exam. Those who are willing to apply for exam are advised to first check the IELTS eligibility criteria 2021 and then proceed for the next level. The IELTS eligibility criteria 2021 are listed below:
- Candidates must have completed the minimum age of 16 years.
- If you want to study, work or migrate to the Australia, UK, Canada and New Zealand and wish to study or work in the US, you have to take this test.
IELTS 2021 Application form: How to apply?
The British Council India conducts IELTS tests at 38 locations across the country. Candidates can register online from the official website of authority. Below, we are providing some important instructions regarding IELTS Application form 2021.
- Open the official website link and look for the closet IELTS center and check the test dates to find two choices that suit you.
- Print out the IELTS 2021 Application Form. Please ensure that you have a valid postal address and use the same name as specified on your passport. Attach two passport size photographs as per the specification.
- Take your IELTS application into your selected test centre along with applicable fee.
- Once you have registered successfully, the exam centre will confirm your IELTS test date 2021, time and test center.
The registration fee for IELTS exam 2021 is Rs 11,300/-.
IELTS Exam pattern 2021
The exam pattern for IELTS 2021 exam includes four section/modules in the Academic IELTS Test. Total time duration given to complete this exam is 2 hours 45 min (Depending upon exam center speaking test may conduct up to 7 days before or after the exam date). Below, candidate can check the IELTS exam pattern 2021 for all modules.
|Academic Reading||3 Section / 40 Questions||60 minutes|
|Listening||4 Section / 40 Questions||30 minutes|
|Academic Writing||2 Tasks (150-250 words)||60 minutes|
|Speaking||11 – 14 minutes|
IELTS 2021 Syllabus
The questions in the IELTS will be asked from the Academic Reading, Listening, Academic Writing and Speaking modules. The detailed syllabus for each module of the test is given below as:
- Listening: Multiple Choice Questions, Completion of Summary, Note Completion, Table Completion, Completion of Flow Chart, Matching, Labeling of Plan, Map or Diagram, Short Answer Questions
- Academic Reading: Sentence Completion, Matching Sentence Ending, Short Answers, Table Completion, Flowchart Completion, Diagram Label Completion, Identifying Information (True/ False/ Not Given), Identifying Writer’s Views/ Claims (Yes/ No/ Not Given)
- Academic Writing: Describing, Summarizing or Explaining the Information Provided in the Form of Graph, Table, Chart, Questions to Test The Ability To Present A Solution To A Problem, Assessment of General Factual Information, Personal, Semi-Formal, or Formal Style Letter, Essay In Response To A Point Of View, Argument Or Problem
- Speaking: Face-To-Face Interview and Questions on Familiar Topics, Like Home, Family, Work, Studies, Interests, Two Minute Speech on the Topic Given on a Task Card, Questions Related to the Speech
IELTS Admit Card 2021
No admit card will be given to the candidates beforehand, rather, intimation about the exam will be sent on the registered email id. The candidates will have to carry their passport (in original and in photocopy) to the test center. The candidates will be given the admit card at the exam center itself.
Result of IELTS 2021
The IELTS result will be made available around 13 days after the date on which the exam is taken. The candidates will be able to check their result online by entering their Test Date, Date of Birth, Identification Document Number and Candidate Number. The result will not be available online after 40 days of exam. The candidates can make a request to get their test score through SMS by sending a request for the same via message. This facility will only be available on the day of result declaration.
The candidates will be getting their Test Report Form (TRF) containing score of each module and overall band score as well around 10 days after the result. Only one copy will be sent, so the candidates are advised to keep the TRF safe. Additional TRF will be sent to the universities to which the candidates them to be sent. Charges will also be applicable to be paid through demand draft. The validity of TRF will be 2 years.
The candidates not satisfied with the score can apply to our Enquiry on Results Service by paying the applicable charges. The charges will only be refunded if the score changes after re-evaluation. Those not happy with the score can take the test as many times they wish.
How to clear the IELTS 2021?
The candidates can follow the below-given tips in order to clear their IELTS:
- First of all, do proper planning before booking the test date. Take your test only when you are totally ready.
- It is very important to refine your listening skills. You can find the preparation material for this on the Internet.
- Reading English newspapers and listening to English news is also considered very helpful.
- If you are preparing in a group, it can give you additional benefits as you will be getting involved in conversation with other people as well.
- You can also download the IELTS Prep App and IELTS Word Power App. The downloading link can be availed from the official website.
- Practice sample papers as much as you can and also practice speaking tests.
Practicing fluent English speaking is important since you will have to take part in conversation also.