The University of Hyderabad is one of the most premier institutions of postgraduate teaching and research in the country. It offers a large number of courses in the field of science, engineering, management, management, etc. The medium of instruction for all the courses is English except for the language courses. Those candidates who are seeking admission to the University of Hyderabad must ensure that they meet the necessary eligibility criteria. The application form for the admission will release in online mode only. In this post, we are discussing complete details related to the University of Hyderabad Admission 2021
The University of Hyderabad offers a large number of courses. Some of these courses are as follows.
- M.Sc. (Integrated 5 year course) – Mathematical Sciences, Physics, Chemical Sciences, Systems Biology, Optometry & Vision Sciences, Health Psychology, Earth Sciences, Applied Geology.
- 5-year Integrated M.Tech in Computer Science
- M.A.(5 year Integrated)- Humanities – (English, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Language Sciences, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Comparative Literature)
- M.A. (5 Year Integrated) – Social Science – Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology.
- M.Sc. (Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, Statistics-OR, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Plant Biology and Biotechnology, Biotechnology, Molecular Microbiology, Animal Biotechnology, Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences, Health Psychology, Neural Á Cognitive Science)
- MBA – Health Care & Hospital Management, Business Analytics
- MA – English, Philosophy, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Applied Linguistics, Comparative Literature, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Communication (Communication & Media Studies, Print Journalism & New Media, Television & Radio)
- MPA – Dance (Kuchipudi/ Bharatanatyam), Theatre Arts
- M.Phil – English, Philosophy, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Comparative Literature, History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy, Economics.
- Ph.D. – Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics/ Operations Research (OR), Computer Science, Physics, Electronics Science & Engineering, Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Plant Sciences, Microbiology, Animal Biology, Biotechnology, Systems & Computational Biology, English, Philosophy, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Comparative Literature, Sanskrit Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthoropology, Education, Regional Studies, Folk Culture Studies, Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy, Economics, Dance, Theatre Arts, Communication, Management Studies, Health Sciences, Psychology, Materials Engineering Nanoscience & Technology.
The tentative dates related to the University of Hyderabad Admission 2021 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the application form submission||1st week of April 2021|
|Last date for submitting the application form||3rd week of May 2021|
|Date to request for change in exam center||1st week of July 2021 to 2nd week of July 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||Yet to be announced|
|Date of entrance test||1st week of August 2021|
|Releasing of answer keys||To be announced later|
|Challenge to provisional answer keys||To be announced later|
|Releasing of final answer key||To be announced later|
|Declaration of result||To be announced later|
University of Hyderabad Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for various courses as given below.
M.Sc. (5-Year Integrated) in Sciences
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 60% marks with science subjects only.
M.Sc. (5-Year Integrated) in Health Psychology
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent in Arts or Science stream with a minimum of 60% marks.
M.A. (5-Year Integrated) in Humanities
- At least 60% marks in 10+2 with Telugu/English/ Hindi as one of the subjects.
M.A. (5-Year Integrated) in Social Sciences
- Aspirants need to have 60% marks at 10+2 level.
M.Sc. Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics Operations Research
- Candidates need to have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate of optional subjects with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects.
- Those students who have done B.A. /B.Sc. (Hons) course in Mathematics / Statistics need to have only 55% marks.
- All the aspirants should have a B.Sc. with a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate of Science subjects with Chemistry as one of the subjects, preferably in combination with Physics and Mathematics.
- Candidates must have B. Sc. with a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate of Science subjects with Chemistry or Biochemistry as one of the subjects.
- Aspirants need to have a B.Sc. degree with a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate of subjects with Physics as one of the main subjects in combination with Mathematics.
- Applicants having a minimum of 55% marks in degree with a minimum of 60% in the aggregate of science subjects: Physics, Mathematics, and Electronics are also eligible.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in English as an optional subject.
- Those aspirants who have a minimum of 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree with at least 55% marks in English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates need to have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject(s) with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- A minimum of 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in Telugu as an optional subject; OR with at least 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree with at least 55% marks in Telugu as the compulsory subject.
M.A. Political Science
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or Equivalent Grade in Social Sciences or Humanities subjects OR 55% marks in any other subject
- Any graduate with a minimum of 50% marks in graduation can apply.
- Master’s degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks.
University of Hyderabad Admission 2021 Application Form
The application form for the University Of Hyderabad Admission 2021 will release in online mode only. Those eligible candidates who want to apply need to visit the official website in order to access the application form. The complete details related to the application process are as follows.
- To start the process of application, candidates are required to register themselves through the official website.
- Basic details like name, phone number, date of birth, email Id must be entered by candidates during registrations.
- The login credentials will be generated once the registration process gets completed.
- In the next step, aspirants will be asked to sign-in using the login credential generated at the time of the registration.
- After that, candidates have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details in the application form.
- Apart from this, aspirants also need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- The size of the scanned photograph and signature should be less than 25 KB and 10 KB respectively.
- In addition to this, the soft copy of the caste certificate should also be upload on the application form.
- It is necessary to pay the required application fee along with the application form.
- Candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future requirements.
- The application fees for candidates of different categories are as follows.
- General: Rs. 600/-
- EWS: Rs. 550/-
- OBC: Rs. 400/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD (PH): Rs. 275/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
University of Hyderabad Admission 2021 Selection of process
The selection process varies for admission to different courses as mentioned below.
- MCA: Admission will be offered based on the NIMCET 2021 scores.
- MBA: Authorities will shortlist the candidates based on CAT scores. Then, final admission will be provided after GD/ Interview.
- M.Sc. (Bio-technology) – on the basis of General Aptitude Test of Biotechnology (GAT-B) conducted by RCB Faridabad.
- M.Tech: Through GATE/ CCMT
- M.Sc. (Biochemistry/ Mathematics/ Appl. Mathematics/ Health Psychology/ Chemistry/ Ocean and Atmospheric Science/ Neural & Cognitive Science/ Plant Biology & Biotechnology/ Animal Biology & Biotechnology): Admission will be offered based on the entrance exam to be conducted by the university.
- The admit card for the University of Hyderabad entrance exam will release in online mode only.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to provide their registration details on the official website.
- Candidates have to appear of the entrance exam as per the schedule and venue mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam without an admit card.
- It is advised to keep the admit card after the exam as it might be required during the counselling process.
University of Hyderabad Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the university of Hyderabad Entrance exam 2021 is given below.
- Mode of examination: Offline (OMR Sheet based examination)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100 (Can vary for different courses)
- Medium of questions: English
- Duration of the exam: 2 hours
Important points regarding the exam
- The entrance exam for Ph.D. and M.Phil admission will contain 80 marks. The exam will be divided into two parts i.e. Part A and Part B.
GAT – B
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer based test)
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Number of parts: 2
- Marking pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark in part A. Each question will carry 3 marks in part B.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted in case on an incorrect answer in Part B.
University of Hyderabad Admission 2021 Result
- The answer key and result of the University of Hyderabad entrance exam will release in online mode.
- To check the result, aspirants have to enter the roll number and other registration details.
- Information about the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam will be mentioned on the result.
- Apart from the result, the university will also publish the list of candidates shortlisted for admission.
- The University of Hyderabad will organize the counselling after the declaration of result.
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, aspirants will be asked provide their choice of course and colleges
- The admission will be provided based on the merit and choice filled by the candidates during counselling.
- It is also necessary for all the candidates to get their documents verified in order to confirm their admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it possible to submit the University of Hyderabad Admission application form 2021 in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will release in online mode.
Question – 2: Can I pay the application fee by cash or cheque?
Answer: No, the application fee can be paid by online methods only. Cash or cheque will not be accepted by the universities.
Question – 3: How will get the admit card for the examination?
Answer: The admit card will be made available on the official website.
Question – 4: What if I don’t want to appear for the entrance examination. Can I get my application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded.