Candidates wishing to pursue their B.Tech, B.Pharma, M.Tech, M.Pharma, MBA and MCA degree course from the Himachal Pradesh Technical University can apply for the same online. An entrance test, Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET), is conducted to shortlist the candidates for admission. It is expected that the application form will be released in the month of March 2022 and the exam is conducted in May 2022. Complete details about the HPCET 2022 such as application process, exam pattern, result, eligibility, etc can be found from this article.
HPCET 2022 Important Dates
The table below provides the tentative dates related to HPCET 2022:
|Release of online application form||March 2022, 1st week|
|Last date for submitting the application form||April 2022, 4th week|
|Admit card issue date||May 2022, 1st week|
|Date of common entrance test||May 2022, 2nd week|
|Publication of answer key||May 2022, 3rd week|
|Declaration of result||May 2022, last week|
|Counseling process will commence from||Yet to be notified|
HPCET Eligibility Criteria 2022
The basic eligibility to appear for the HPCET 2022 is provided below:
- B.Tech: The applicants need to clear their class 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks for reserved category candidates).
- M.Tech: Candidates who hold a BE/ B.Tech degree in respective discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for reserved category candidates) are eligible.
- B.Pharma: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects scoring a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate of these subjects (40% marks for reserved category candidates) is required. The lower age limit for the applying candidates as on 31st December 2022 is 17 years.
- B.Pharma (Ayurveda): The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology scoring not less than 45% marks in aggregate of these subjects (40% marks for reserved category candidates).
- M.Pharma: Those with a B.Pharma degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates) are eligible.
- MBA: A bachelor’s degree in any stream obtaining no less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for reserved category candidates) is required.
- MCA: Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for reserved category candidates). Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level is also mandatory.
Application Form for HPCET 2022
Candidates can apply online for HPCET 2022 by visiting the official website of the university www.himtu.ac.in. The candidates are requested to read the instructions in the information brochure carefully before filling the online application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide basic personal and academic details like name, gender, category, date of birth, year of passing qualifying exam, marks obtained, school/ college name, etc.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded in the application form.
- Care should be taken while filling the application form as any incorrect detail will make it liable for rejection.
- After providing all the details as asked, the candidates can submit the application form online.
- After final submission, the candidates are advised to keep a printout of the application form for the future reference.
- Since the application process is completely online, there is no need to send the application form printout to the university.
- The application fee structure for HPCET 2022 is provided below:
|For general candidates||For SC/ ST/ BPL candidates|
|B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Pharma, B.Pharma (Ayurveda), M.Pharma, MBA & MCA||Rs. 1550/-||Rs. 1400/-|
|B.Tech & B.Pharma both||Rs. 3100/-||Rs. 2800/-|
|B.Pharma & B.Pharma (Ayurveda) both||Rs. 3100/-||Rs. 2800/-|
Mode of payment:
- Submission of application fee can be done online using credit card/ debit card or net banking facility.
HPCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Check out the exam pattern overview for HPCET 2022 below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 3 hours for B.Tech, B.Pharma, M.Tech and M.Pharma & 2 hours for MBA and MCA
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 150 for B.Tech and B.Pharma & 100 for rest others
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 300 for B.Tech and B.Pharma & 200 for rest others
- Marking scheme: For every correct response, 2 marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking: For every incorrect response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|B.Tech and B.Pharma|
|Mathematics (for B.Tech)||50||100|
|Or Biology (for B.Pharma)||50||100|
|Brach related questions||60||120|
|Bio-Chemistry, Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence||25||50|
|MBA & MCA|
|Data Interpretation & Reasoning||25||50|
|General Knowledge & Business Awareness (for MCA Computer Awareness)||25||50|
HPCET Admit Card 2022
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website of the university.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken and carried to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Important details about the exam such as center allotted and schedule will be communicated to the candidates via the admit card.
- No candidate under any circumstances will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card.
- The admit card should be kept safe by the candidates till the complete admission process is over.
HPCET Answer Key 2022
- Authority will release the answer key for the entrance exam on the official website of the university.
- Those not happy with the answer key can submit their objections regrading the same within the given time period.
- The answer key will be revised by a team of expert panel and then release the revised answer key.
- Candidates can check the revised answer key by visiting the official website again.
HPCET 2022 Result
- The result of the entrance exam will be declared online on the official website of the university.
- Candidates will be able to check their result using details like roll number, date of birth, etc.
- Merit list of the candidates who qualify the exam will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the entrance test.
- Applicants whose names appear in the merit list will then have to appear for the counseling round.
HPCET Counseling 2022
- Candidates will be intimated about the details of the counseling process from the official website of HTU.
- Candidates shortlisted for counseling should report for the same along with their documents in original and photocopy.
- Documents of the candidates and their eligibility will be verified and they will be asked to provide their choice for course specialization.
- Seats will then be allotted to the candidates after successful document verification on the basis of their choice and merit.
HPCET 2022 FAQs
Can a candidate outside Himachal Pradesh apply for HPCET 2022?
Candidates from all over Indian can apply for HPCET 2022. However, only those belonging to the state of Himachal Pradesh will be eligible for reservation.
Can I submit the application fee through means of demand draft of cheque?
No facility for submitting the application fee through demand draft of cheque will be provided to the candidates and can be done only online.
Is it possible to change the exam center allotted to me?
No. The exam center once allotted and as mentioned in the admit card cannot be changed under any circumstances.
How can I submit my objections against the answer key?
Candidates can submit the objections against the answer key by means of written complaints sent to the Controller of Examinations, H.P. Technical University, Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh – 177 001 within two days of exam either in person or email. The objection must be accompanied with supporting documents.
What if an ineligible candidate is able to secure admission to the university?
Candidature of such candidates will be canceled once their ineligibility is discovered at any stage, even after final admission. Any kind of fees submitted will not be refunded.