Homi Bhabha National Institute Mumbai offers a large number of courses in the field of engineering and medical science. The courses are offered at the postgraduate and doctoral level. The admission to some courses will be offered based entrance exam to be conducted by the University. While admission to some courses will also be offered on the basis of NEET PG and NEET SS exam. The application form will release in offline mode. Those who want to apply must ensure that they are eligible as per the norms of the institute. In this article, we are providing all the important information related to the Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2021.
The following courses are offered by the Homi Bhabha National Institute.
- PG Diploma – Radiation Medicine, Medical Radio Isotope technique, Radiological Physics
- M.Tech – Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- M.Sc. – Engineering, Nursing
- M.D. – Pathology, Anesthesia, Radio Diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Immune Hematology & Transfusion Medicine, Palliative Medicine.
- DM – Medical Oncology, Pediatric Oncology, Gastroenterology, Critical Care.
- Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch) – Surgical Oncology, Gynecological Oncology, Head & Neck Oncology
- M.Phil – Life Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science.
- Ph.D. – Chemical Science, Mathematics,
- Ph.D. (Integrated) – Engineering Science
The tentative dates related to the Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2021 are as follows.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of application form||2nd week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of July 2021|
|Releasing of Admit Card||2nd week of July 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of August 2021|
|Shortlisting of the candidates/ Result declaration||4th week of September 20221|
|Date of selection Interview||To be announced later|
|Declaration of list of selected candidates||To be announced later|
Homi Bhabha National Institute admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All those aspirants who want to get admission into Homi Bhabha National Institute must ensure that they meet all the required eligibility criteria. Given below are the eligibility criteria for some of the important courses.
PG Diploma – Radiation Medicine
- Candidates must possess MBBS or equivalent degree from Indian Medical Council approved institute with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
PG Diploma – Medical Radio Isotope technique, Radiological Physics
- Aspirants should have passed B.Sc. degree in Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Nuclear Science with at least 50% marks.
M.Tech – Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering & M.Sc. Engineering, Nursing
- The applicants must have M.Sc., B.E., or B.Tech degree in relevant field with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
M.D. – Pathology, Anesthesia, Radio Diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Immune Hematology & Transfusion Medicine, Palliative Medicine.
- All the candidates should have an MBBS or equivalent degree with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Please note that the specialization and number of seats will be as per the approval by Medical Council of India.
DM – Medical Oncology, Pediatric Oncology, Gastroenterology, Critical Care & Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch) – Surgical Oncology, Gynecological Oncology, Head & Neck Oncology
- The candidates must have a MD/ MS degree in a relevant field completed through (10+2) +5+3 from institution recognized by Medical Council of India with 50% aggregate marks.
M.Phil (Life Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science)
- All those aspirants who are looking to apply must have M.Sc. degree from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Ph.D. (Chemical Science, Mathematics)
- Aspiring candidates with an M.Sc, M.V.Sc, M.Pharm or MBBS degree with at least 60% marks can apply.
- The candidates with B.E/ B.Tech degree in relevant field with at least 60% marks in aggregate.
Note: Please note that the relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying marks will be given to students of SC/ ST categories.
Homi Bhabha National Institute Application Form 2021
The application form for Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2021 will release in offline mode only. Those candidates who are looking to fill and submit the application form need to download the same through the official website. Given below are the complete details related to the Homi Bhabha National Institute Application process.
- First of all, the aspiring candidates have to visit the official website of the institute i.e. www.hbni.ac.in.
- On the official website, aspirants need to find and click on the link to download the application form.
- After downloading the application form, candidates must take a printout of the same.
- Candidates then have to provide their complete academic, personal, and contact details in the application form.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- It is also necessary to paste the self-attested photograph of the candidates on the application form.
- The duly filled application form along with the required documents and demand draft of an application fee must reach the following address before the last date.
Administrative Officers- III,
HBNI Training School Complex,
Documents to be sent along with the application form are as follows.
- 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Mark Sheets & Degree Certificates of qualifying examination.
- Date of Birth proof.
- Marksheet of completed coursework as per the suggestion of standing academic committee.
- Research Proposal (You should attach it separately with Part C of the form)
Note: Please note that all the documents must be self-attested.
- The application fee to be paid in order to apply is Rs. 5000/-
Mode of payment
- Please note that the application fee should be paid in offline mode using a demand draft.
- The demand draft must be drawn in favour of Accounts Officer, HBNI payable at Mumbai.
Homi Bhabha National Institute admission 2021 Selection Process
Aspiring candidates should note the process of selection is different for various courses as mentioned below.
- PG Diploma (Radiation Medicine, Medical Radio Isotope technique, Radiological Physics) – Admission will be provided based on the entrance exam to be conducted by the university.
- M.Tech and M.Sc.: The selection of candidates will be based on the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam.
- M.D: Authorities will select the candidates on the basis of NEET PG.
- D.M and M.Ch: The university will select aspirants based on the NEET SS.
- M.Phil: First, the candidates have to clear the entrance exam followed by an interview.
- The institute will release the admit card of the entrance exam that it will conduct.
- The admit card will consist of information related to the date, time, and venue of the examination
- It is also compulsory for all the candidates to carry a hard copy of the valid photo ID proof at the time of the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- It is advised to keep the admit card safe even after the exam as it might be required at the time of admission.
Result and Merit List
- The result of candidates will be declared in online mode through the official website of the institute.
- All the candidates must check the result on website, authorities will not send the result to candidates individually.
- Apart from the result, the institute will also release a merit list of candidates selected for admission.
- Please note that the merit list will be prepared based on the entrance exam and interview both.
- Those successful candidates who will be shortlisted after the release of a merit list will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- All the formalities of admission will take place during the counselling process.
- In the counselling process, aspirants will be asked to get the documents verified.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of the admission fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form for Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2021 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in offline mode only.
Question – 2: Is it possible to pay the application fee by cash?
Answer: No, the application fee cannot be paid by cash.
Question – 3: Can I get admission based on the NEET PG examination?
Answer: Yes, admission to courses like M.D will be offered based on the NEET PG examination.
Question – 4: What are the contact details related to the Homi Bhabha National Institute?
Answer: The contact details of the Homi Bhabha National Institute are as follows.
- Address: HBNI Office, 2nd floor, BARC Training School Complex, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai – 400 094.
- Phone Number: +91-22-25597549 / 91-22-25597626
- Email Address: [email protected]