Himachal Pradesh Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department shoulders the responsibility of releasing and managing the Himachal Pradesh Ration Card. To further help the people of Himachal Pradesh state, the government has published the Himachal Pradesh Ration Card List 2023 online. With the help of this list, people can check their names. Apart from this, they can also know how much ration is allotted to their families every month. Through this article, we are providing you the accurate method to check Himachal Pradesh Ration Card List 2023 in online mode.
Table of Contents
Key Highlights of Himachal Pradesh Ration Card
The general details about the Himachal Pradesh Ration Card 2023 are provided in the following table.
|Name of the Scheme
|Himachal Pradesh Ration Card Scheme 2023
|Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Himachal Pradesh
|Category of the Scheme
|Himachal Pradesh State Government Scheme
|People of Himachal Pradesh
|Aim of the Scheme
|To provide ration at discounted rates to the people of Himachal Pradesh
|Himachal Pradesh Government
Type of Himachal Pradesh Ration Card 2023
Broadly, we can classify the available ration cards in Himachal Pradesh into three categories.
- APL Ration Card – These are the general ration card issued to families who are living above the poverty line. The ration issued on these types of ration cards is limited. Families having these ration cards can get ration up to 15 kg from fair price shops.
- BPL Ration Card – The BPL ration cards are given to only those families who are living below the poverty line. If your family is also living under the poverty line then you can apply for this ration card. Please note that the annual income of your family should not be more than 10000. Families with this type of ration card can get up to 15 kg of ration from fair price shops.
- AAY Ration Card – AAY ration cards are special types of ration cards issued to those families who are extremely poor. With the help of this ration card, a family can get up to 35 kg of ration from the fair price shop.
How to check Himachal Pradesh Ration Card List Online?
To help the people of Himachal Pradesh, authorities release the ration card list online through the official website of the Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Himachal Pradesh. The step by step process to check the same is explained below.
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website of Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Himachal Pradesh.
- The homepage will appear on your screen as soon as you visit the official website.
- On the homepage, you will get to see the “FPS Ration Card” option.
- After clicking on the same, you will find the three options – Ration cards wise, Find Ration Cards data, Print Ration Cards.
- From these options, you need to click on the “Ration card wise” option.
- In the next step, you will have to choose the “District and Block” in which you are living presently.
- After that, you should click on the “Search” button.
- Now, you will get the FPSID, FPSshopname, and Owner Name. Next, you need to choose your area with the help of FPSID.
- Next, the information about your ration card along with the ID, Ration card number, and HOF will appear on your screen.
- You can check the detail of a particular ration card by clicking on the ID number
List of districts whose Ration card list is available online
- Bilaspur – Bilaspur Ration Card List 2023
- Chamba – Chamba Ration Card List 2023
- Hamirpur – Hamirpur Ration Card List 2023
- Kangra – Kangra Ration Card List 2023
- Kinnaur – Kinnaur Ration Card List 2023
- Kullu – Kullu Ration Card List 2023
- Lahaul & Spiti – Lahaul & Spiti Ration Card List 2023
- Mandi – Mandi Ration Card List 2023
- Shimla – Shimla Ration Card List 2023
- Sirmaur – Sirmaur Ration Card List 2023
- Solan – Solan Ration Card List 2023
- Una – Una Ration Card List 2023
What are the steps to take a printout of the Himachal Pradesh Ration Card 2023?
It is very easy to take a printout of the Himachal Pradesh Ration Card. You just have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website. The home page will appear after visiting the official website.
- On the home page, you need to click on the FPS ration card button.
- Next, you should click on the “Print Ration Card” button.
- After that, you will have to select your Ration Card ID or Aadhar Card under select “Input type”.
- If you have select Aadhar Card in the last step then you need to enter your Aadhar card number and press enter. Enter your Ration card ID if you have selected “Ration card id” in the last step.
- Click on the search button once you are done entering your ration card id or Aadhar number.
- Your card will open on your screen after clicking on the “Search” button.
- Finally, you can take a printout of the ration card by click on the “Print” button appearing at the bottom.
What is the eligibility criteria for Himachal Pradesh Ration Card 2023?
If you are looking to apply for a new ration card then it is important for you to ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The applicant should be Indian and belong to the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- All family members of the applicant should also be Indian Citizens.
- The person should not have any ration card already registered to his/ her name at the time of making the ration card. However, if a person has a temporary ration card (usually comes with a validity of 3 months) then he/ she can apply for a permanent ration card.
- Please note that you can’t apply for a new ration card if you previous ration card was seized by authorities due to any illegal use.
How to apply for a ration card in Himachal Pradesh?
The offline process to apply for a new ration card in the state of Himachal Pradesh is explained below.
- To get a new ration card, applicants have to submit the prescribed application form along with a surrender certificate and other necessary documents to the Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Himachal Pradesh.
- The surrender certificate should be issued from the Panchayat Secretary, Panchayat Sahayak, Food & Supplies Officer or Inspector, or FCS&CA of the previous place of residence.
- Applicants must note that they need to get their application form and document attested by the Head of Office, in case of employees and by any Municipal Commissioner or Gazetted Officer or MLA or Ward Member or any other person who has been authorised by the Government for this purpose.
- You will get a receipt from the concerned office after submitting the application form.
- It is important for applicants to produce the receipt on the given date to get a new ration issued.
- The concerned office will then verify the documents furnished by you in the application form. If all details are found to be correct then the office will issue a new ration card on your name.
- You should note that the office will verify each and every details entered by you in the application form including the details of your family member.
- In case of a discrepancy with the documents, authorities will give you time to get your documents verified.
Documents Required for Himachal Pradesh Ration Card 2023
Applicants must submit the application form along with the following documents
- Address proof of the applicant – Aadhar Card, Residential certificate, Water, Electricity or
- Telephone Bill
- Those applicants who are living on rent can a submit rent agreement as address proof.
- It is necessary to submit a surrender document in case of transfer from one town to another.
- If you are submitting the surrender document then you should also submit a copy of the previous ration card as the supporting document.
- PAN card of the head of the family.
- Two passport size photographs of the head of the family and one passport size photograph of each of the family members.
- Income proof of the family – that income of the family should be below the prescribed limit (in order to apply for an income-based ration card).
- Tenancy agreement (in case the applicant is a tenant)
- Copy of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
- Birth certificates of minor members of the family (Below 10 years in age)
- Surrender certificate of Ration Card/ Family Identity holding or non-availability certificate from the FCS & CA officials where the applicant has formerly resided.
- Aadhaar number of the family member
Benefits of a Ration Card
Himachal Pradesh Ration Card is a very important document that can help you a lot. Some of the major benefits of Ration Cards are as follows.
- A ration card is a very helpful document that can help you in getting a new sim card, opening a bank account, a driving license, etc.
- You can get a heavily discounted or even free ration with the help of a ration card in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- If you a BPL or AAY ration card then your children can easily apply for and get scholarships.
- A ration card is valid ID proof in itself.
How to check Himachal Pradesh Ration Card Status 2023?
Those who want to check the status of their ration card may follow the steps that we have listed below.
- First and foremost, you will have to visit the official website of EPDS Transparency Portal Himachal Pradesh.
- You will see the homepage after visiting the official portal.
- On the homepage, you need to click on the FPS Ration Card link.
- Next, you are required to click on the “Find Ration Card Data” link.
- Now, a form will appear in front of you. In this form, you have to chose the option of either entering your Aadhar number or ID number under Input type.
- After that, you will have to enter either your Aadhar number or ID number depending on the option selected in the previous step.
- Click on the “Search” button once you are done entering the data.
- Now, the status of your Himachal Pradesh Ration Card 2023 will display on your screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: From where I can get an application form for a new Himachal Pradesh Ration Card 2023?
Answer: You can get the application form from the office of Department of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs of Himachal Pradesh. Alternatively, you can also download the same online through the official website i.e. https://food.hp.nic.in/. The form is available in both Hindi and English languages.
Question – 2: I want to add a family member to my ration card. What should I do?
Answer: You can fill and submit an application form for the same in online mode. The family member will be added after proper verification of documents.
Question – 3: I am not a permanent resident of the state of Himachal Pradesh. Can I apply for a ration card?
Answer: No, only permanent residents of the state of Himachal Pradesh are allowed to apply for a new ration card.
Question – 4: Can you tell the address of the office of the Directorate of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs, Himachal Pradesh?
Answer: You may check out the address details given below.
Directorate of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs,
Block No. 42, SDA Complex, Kusumpti,
Shimla 171009 (Himachal Pradesh, India)
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here