GPAT 2022 application form will release most probably in 2nd week of January 2022 through online mode. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam previously conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) on a yearly basis. From 2019 onwards, the National Testing Agency started conducting the GPAT entrance exam to select pharmacy graduates for admission into the M.Pharma offered by different AICTE approved institutions/Universities across the country. GPAT entrance exam will be conducted via computer-based test mode where a candidate will be allotted a system to take the online test.
Based on the GPAT scores, many colleges/institutes offer scholarships to the meritorious candidates. For complete information on the GPAT 2022 exam, candidates are recommended to go through this article. This article will cover all the aspects of the exam, be it the Eligibility criteria, Application form, Exam date, Exam pattern to name a few.
GPAT 2022 Overview
|Name of the exam||GPAT 2022|
|Full form||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Who conducts the exam?||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based test|
GPAT 2022 Exam Date
Candidates should note down the tentative dates for the GPAT 2022 examination.
|Beginning of the Registration||2nd week of January 2022|
|Last Date to Register for the exam||1st week of February 2022|
|Admit Card Releasing||4th week of February 2022|
|Exam Date||1st week of March 2022|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of March 2022|
|Announcement of All India Merit List||3rd week of March 2022|
GPAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Check below GPAT 2022 eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Age limit: There is no age limit prescribed by the National Testing Agency.
- Educational Qualification: A candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Appearing: Candidates who are appearing for the final year of B. Pharmacy (10+2+4) whose result will be declared before starting of admission for academic year 2022-23 are also eligible.
- Not Eligible: Candidates having B.Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent degree are not eligible to apply.
GPAT 2022 Application Form
GPAT 2022 application form will be released online at the official website of National Testing Agency https://gpat.nta.nic.in/.
- Candidates will be able to avail the application form for GPAT 2022 exam from 2nd week of January 2022.
- The candidates should apply early to avoid the last minute mistake or rush.
- The form can be filled only via online mode and for that, the aspirant needs to visit the official website of the GPAT.
- Candidates will also need to pay a specific amount in form of application/registration fee to submit their applications successfully.
- Candidates first need to register for the exam and then proceed for the payment before filling the complete application form.
- During registration, candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of signature (with dimensions 60 x 90 and size not exceeding 30KB) and scanned image (with dimensions 140 x 160 and size not exceeding 60KB).
- After the successful payment of the required fee, a candidate needs to fill the complete form.
- Application received without the application fee will be rejected by the authority.
|General/OBC||Rs. 1400/- + Bank Charges|
|Female/SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges|
Mode of Payment: The payment of the above-mentioned fee can be made either via online mode (Credit card/Debit card/ Net Banking) or via E-Challan of SBI bank.
GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates should prepare for the exam according to GPAT 2022 exam pattern. The exam pattern will familiarize a candidate on how the questions will be put up during the exam. It will address all the aspects related to the overall structure of the GPAT examination. Candidates can refer to the table mentioned below to seek the Exam Pattern for GPAT 2022-
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Total Marks||500 Marks|
|No. of Questions||125 Question|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks will be awarded for each right answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
Note: No marks will be deducted or awarded for the question not attempted.
GPAT Exam Pattern
|Type of Questions||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
GPAT 2022 Syllabus
The topics covered under the syllabus of the GPAT 2022 examination will be of the B.Pharm level. Candidates need to brush up the concepts studied during graduation. Given below is the list of topics that a candidate must prepare in order to crack the GPAT exam efficiently-
Syllabus: Given below are the main topics that a candidate needs to study for the GPAT exam.
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics And Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy And Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology And Health Education, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence and Dispensing.
Preparation Tips for GPAT 2022
Every year lakhs of candidates appear for GPAT exam aspiring to secure a good score in the exam so as to get admission in a prestigious institute/college. The competition gets tougher each year, but that shouldn’t deter a candidate from appearing for the examination. Given below are some of the widely popular yet mostly ignored tips to crack the GPAT 2022 exam that will surely help a candidate in the exam-
Stick to the Time Table: Maintaining a time table helps in finishing the syllabus on time. Candidates initially make a time table but they soon start losing the momentum. Finally, they end up mugging the concepts which ultimately backfires in the examination. Therefore, candidates should make a realistic time table and stick to it whole-heartedly. The time table should be created by keeping in mind the candidate’s attention span.
Revise again and again: Once a candidate achieves a particular goal, he/she should revise the topic studied over and over till it is embedded into his/her mind. Here mugging up the concepts won’t help much and therefore candidates should rely on understanding the concepts and apply his/her analytical thinking.
Solve Mock Test and Previous Year Question Papers: Candidates should solve as many as mock test series as they can. Mock tests help a candidate in identifying his/her weak and strong areas.
Stay Healthy-Both physically and mentally: Candidates should not ignore their health. With a healthy mind, a candidate can easily grasp a concept with full attention. Therefore, candidates should try to indulge in outdoor activities to freshen up their mind and not just focus on studies alone.
Recommended Books for GPAT 2022
Here are some of the books that a candidate can take the help from in order to study for the exam-
- GPAT- A Companion by N.N. INAMDAR
- GPAT & GATE Pharmacy by G. Vidya Sagar
- GPAT by Mohd. Ali
- The Pearson guide to the GPAT by Umang Shah
- Pharmaceutics: Lachman, Remington, Aulton, Ansel, Banker, Physical Pharmacy by Martin.
- Pharma Analysis: Silverstein, Skoog’s, Dr.Ravi Shankar
- Pharmacognosy: Kokate, Trease & Evans
- Pharmacology: Rang & Dale, K.D.Tripati, Goodman & Gilman.
- Organic Chemistry: Morrison & Boyd
- Medicinal Chemistry: Wilson
GPAT 2022 Admit Card
GPAT 2022 admit card will be available to download from 4th week of February 2022 via online mode. Candidates can download their admit card for GPAT 2022 by visiting the official website for the same. The authority will not send the physical admit card to any candidate by Post or any means whatsoever. Candidates who do not possess the admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. The admit card mustn’t be mutilated/damaged in any case. Candidates found in possession of invalid/damaged admit card will not be allowed to take the test. The admit card will be available to only those candidates who have successfully registered for the exam and submitted the application form within the stipulated time.
GPAT 2022 Result
GPAT 2022 result will probably be announced on 3rd week of February 2022. The result will be displayed in form of merit list. The merit list will be made in accordance to the scores secured by a candidate in the exam. Candidates will be able to download their respective scorecard by login on the official website using the registration ID and password. The scorecard of the GPAT 2022 will be valid for a year. On the basis of scores obtained in the exam, candidates can apply to different colleges offering M.Pharm course.
GPAT 2022 Cutoff
A candidate needs to score minimum marks specified by the exam conducting authority in order to qualify the GPAT exam. The cutoff will be decided by the authority based on the difficulty level of the examination and the number of candidates appeared in the exam. The cutoff will be declared during the result announcement.
GPAT 2022 Counselling
Based on the merit list, candidates will be called for the counseling process. The counselling for GPAT 2022 will be conducted by different AICTE approved colleges/institutions as per their convenience. The seats will be allotted on the basis of scores obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates will also go through the document verification phase during the counselling procedure. The admission notification will be published on the official website. Based on that schedule, the participating institutes will offer admission to the candidates as per their merit rank.