Class 2 is a crucial year in a child’s academic growth. At this tender age of 5-6 years, the knowledge gasping power of the child develops rapidly. So, it is a perfect year to let a child understand the basics of general awareness. This will not only increase the knowledge of the child but also boost his/her confidence. The teacher and parents should start teaching basic Gk Questions on topics like basic science, technology, social science, etc. to class 2nd students. Keeping all these things in mind we are providing some basic General knowledge questions and Answers for Class 2 kids.
General Knowledge Questions for Class 2 Kids
- Which are the colors of Olympic rings?
Answer: Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, and Black
- Which sports is played at Wimbledon?
- Which is the highest mountain on Earth?
Answer: Mount Everest
- Which state is known as India’s Spice Garden?
- Which is bigger an ocean or a lake?
Answer: An Ocean
- How many legs does a spider have?
- Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
Answer: Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
- Which is the national sport of India?
- Where is Taj Mahal located in India?
- What is the capital city of India?
Answer: New Delhi
- Who discovered India?
Answer: Vasco da gama
- Amit wants to write his name on a computer. Which part of the computer helps him write his name?
- Which is the biggest planet?
- Which is the smallest country in the world?
Answer: Vatican City
Also read– GK Questions for class 1 kids
- Which planet is closest to the Sun?
- Which planet is closest to the Earth?
- What is the name of longest river in the world?
Answer: Nile River
- Which is the smallest continent in the world?
- Who has written the National Anthem of India?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
- The name of National Fruit of India is?
- What is the national bird of India?
- What is the national flower of India?
- What is the longest river in India?
- Which country is called the land of the rising sun?
- How many sides are there in a triangle?
- In which continent does India lies?
- Which bird cannot fly?
- Where is parliament of India located?
Answer: New Delhi
- How many days in a year?
Answer: 365 days
- How many hours in a day?
Answer: 24 hours
- How many days in a week?
Answer: 7 days
- Which month has the least number of days?
- Who is known as the father of the nation?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi Ji
- What is the tallest building in the world?
Answer: Dubai Burj khalifa
- How many fundamental duties in our constitutions?
- Where sun rises first in India?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
- Which is the largest flower in the world?
Answer – Rafflesia
- In which direction does the sun rise?
- How many Union Territories in India?
- Who is the First Indian to climb Mount Everest?
Answer: Bachendri Pal
- Char Minar is located in which city?
- Who gave the title of bapu to Gandhiji?
Answer: Subash Chandra Bose
- Where is Hawa Mahal located?
- What is the name of Prime Minister of India?
Answer: Narendra Modi
- How many continents are in the world?
- How many spokes does the wheel in Indian Flag have?
- How many layers are there in atmosphere?
- How many colors are in a rainbow?
- Who invented the telephone?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
- How many planets solar system consists?
- What is the final result of 51 – 31?
- Write the odd number between 0 to 10?
Answer: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Also check: GK questions for class 3-5
- How many days are in March?
- What planet is nicknamed the ‘Red Planet’?
- What is the name of hottest planet in the Solar System?
- Who is the Magician of Hockey?
- Who is the Sahid-e-Azam?
Answer: Bhagat Singh
- Who is the Punjab Kesari?
Answer: Lala Lajpat Rai
- Which place is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh?
- What is the capital city of Rajasthan state?
- The person who reports news and writes for a newspaper is known as?
- Which animal gives us wool?
- Which part of the plant grows under the soil?
- Which is the tallest Animal?
- What is the National Tree of India?
Answer: Banyan Tree
- What is the biggest continent in the world?
- Who is the author of famous book Harry Potter?
Answer: JK Rowling
- When we celebrate Independence Day?
Answer: 15th August
- When do we celebrate Republic Day?
Answer: 26th January
- How many states are there in India?
- Which sport does Sania Mirza play?
- Who build Taj Mahal?
- Who is the current President of India?
Answer: Ram Nath Kovind
- Who was the first man to travel in space?
Answer: Yuri Gagarin
- Which festival is celebrated as the birth of Lord Krishna, who is considered as the eighth avatar of Lord Vishnu?
- Which festival is celebrated by sisters who tie a thread on the wrists of their brothers and perform pooja for their long life and good health?
Answer: Raksha Bandhan
- What is the national currency of the United States of America?
- What is the national currency of the United Kingdom?
Answer: Pound Sterling
- What is the national currency of Bangladesh?
- What is the national currency of Pakistan?
- What is the national currency of China?
- What is the national currency of New Zealand?
- What is the national currency of Russia?
- Ranchi is the capital of which state in India?
- What is the capital of Goa?
Check here- GK questions for Nursery, LKG, UKG
- What is the capital of Punjab?
- Who is popularly known as the “Iron Man” of India?
Answer: Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Who is Sachin Tendulkar?
Answer: Indian Cricketer
- What is the sound made by a Lion?
- What is the sound made by a frog?
Answer: Croak Croak
- What city is the Statue of Liberty in?
Answer: New York City
- Which country are the Giza Pyramids in?
- Tokyo is the capital city of which country?
- Where does the Prime Minister of India hoist the flag on Independence Day?
Answer: The red fort
- How many digits are there in a mobile number?
- LBW is related to which sport?
- What is the baby of goat called?
- Who is popularly known as Netaji?
Answer: Subhash Chandra Bose
- Which is the biggest sea animal?
- What was the real name of Gautam Buddha?
- What is the old name of Mumbai?
- Who help us in making and mending shoes?
- 93. Which does not belong to the group – Cheese, Curd, Milk, Butter?
- What comes in place of the question mark in the following sequence – 12, 15, ?, 21, 24
- How many bones are there in a human body?
- Which of the following is not a domestic animal – Cow, Camel, Goat, Fox?
- A baby of Kangaroo is called?
- Where does a horse live?
- Oscar award is given in which field?
- Where a large number of books are kept for people to read and hire?