Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) is conducted annually by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa for admission into the first year of various degree courses such as Engineering, Architecture, Medicine etc. A Candidate seeking admission in various disciplines can get get the application form cum prospectus as released by concerned authority. Students need to ensure their eligibility before proceeding for the form. This article will provide the readers, the key features of the GCET Application form and other elements of it such as Eligibility criteria, application fee, How to apply for the GCET Exam etc. that a candidate must be aware of.
GCET Application Form – Highlights
- Admission to medical courses will be done on the basis of NEET score of a candidate.
- Applicants seeking admission in Architecture must possess a valid NATA score.
- Candidates are permitted to appear at GCET only in the subjects studied in HSSC or Class 12th
- The application form should be filled carefully.
- Candidate must fill all the categories in the application form under the stipulated time.
- Candidates should keep the essential documents ready in order to attest it with the application form.
- GCET Application Form 2022 is to be submitted at selected exam centers; hence a candidate is advised to submit the form by the given deadline.
- Candidates should submit the complete application form before the deadline to avoid a late submission fine of Rs. 1500/-.
- Nationality: Indian
- Age Limit: Minimum 17 years as on or before 31st December 2022 for courses other than Engineering & Pharmacy.
- Valid NEET-UG core for Medical courses.
- Valid NATA Score for Architecture course.
- Domicile: Goa (Mandatory)
- For Engineering/B.Sc Nursing/B.Arch: A candidate must have cleared class 12th Science Subjects and should have secured 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC).
- For MBBS, BDS, BHMS & AHS: A Candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination in Science subjects with minimum 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC) and 45% for PH category in BDS & MBBS course.
- Candidates appearing in class 12th /HSSC are also eligible to apply.
- NRI, OCI & PIO can apply under NRI Category.
Applicants need to pay the Application fee of Rs. 1800/- payable via demand draft (DD) drawn in favor of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji – Goa on any scheduled bank.
Note: A late fee of Rs. 1500/- shall be fined if the application is submitted after the deadline.
How to fill GCET Application form 2022?
To students who have no clue of from where to get the application form and how to apply, we’re going to provide them a step by step procedure on how to apply for the GCET Application form 2022. Candidates are recommended to follow the steps as mentioned below –
- Visit the official website and download the application form.
- Fill the entries asked in the application form.
- Paste a recent passport size photograph on it and enclose additional 2 photographs with it.
- Fill the details of the Demand draft.
- Submit the Application form with necessary documents as stated below at the center opted by you.
Documents required with the Application form
- HSSC or class 12th passing certificate
- Demand Draft for the application fee.