Candidates desirous of taking admission in the BE, B.Pharma and other courses offered by the institutes of Goa state can apply for GCET 2022. Interested candidates can submit their applications from the month of March 2022 onwards. The Goa common entrance test is expected to be held in the month of May 2022. Only those who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria should proceed with the application process. Complete details related to the admission process like important dates, application process, exam pattern, etc is provided in this post.
GCET Important Dates 2022
Check below the important dates (tentative) related to Goa Common Entrance Test 2022:
|Availability of application form at Application Reception Centre||March 2022, 4th week|
|Last date to submit application form at Application Reception Centre||March 2022, last week|
|Issue of admit card||At the time of submitting application form|
|Last date to submit application form with late fee of Rs. 1500/-||April 2022, 4th week|
|Date of entrance test||May 2022, 2nd week|
|Result declaration||May 2022, 3rd week|
|Start of receiving of application forms for admission||May 2022, 3rd week|
|Last date for receiving application forms for admission||May 2022, 4th week|
|Uploading of eligibility list for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||June 2022, 1st week|
|Last date for submitting objections in the eligibility list||June 2022, 2nd week|
|Uploading of provisional merit list for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||June 2022, 2nd week|
|Uploading of final merit list for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||June 2022, 3rd week|
|First round of admission to engineering and pharmacy courses||3rd week of June 2022|
|Display of eligibility list for NEET based courses at Admission Centre||June 2022, last week|
|Last date for submitting objections in the eligibility list||July 2022, 1st week|
|Release of provisional merit list for NEET based courses at Admission Centre||July 2022, 1st week|
|Release of final merit list for NEET based courses at Admission Centre||July 2022, 1st week|
|First round of admission to NEET based courses||July 2022, 1st week|
|Second round of admission to engineering and pharmacy courses||July 2022, 3rd week|
|Publication of eligibility list for B.Arch course at Admission Centre||July 2022, 4th week|
|Display of merit list||July 2022, 4th week|
|First round of admission to B.Arch course||July 2022, last week|
|Second round of admission to NEET based and B.Arch courses||August 2022, 2nd week|
|Third round of admission to engineering and pharmacy courses||August 2022, 2nd week|
GCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates in order to appear for GCET 2022:
- Indian national candidates, Non-Resident Indians holding Indian passport, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) /Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are considered eligible for admissions.
- For admission to degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Science, B.V.Sc & AH and Nursing, minimum of age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2022 is required.
- No age limit is specified for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy Courses.
- BE: Applicants who clear their class 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology and a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in these subjects (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) is required. English as a subject at 10+2 level is also required.
- B.Pharma: The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology scoring not less than 45% marks in aggregate of these subjects (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates). English as a subject at 10+2 level is also required.
- B.Arch: Candidates need to clear their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics obtaining at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in these subjects and overall. A valid NATA score is also required.
- B.Sc Nursing: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and an aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in these subjects and overall is required. English as a subject at 10+2 level is also required.
- MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS & AHS: Those with a pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with at least 50% marks. (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates and 45% for PWD candidates) in aggregate of these subjects and overall are eligible. English as a subject at 10+2 level is also required.
Goa Common Entrance Test Application Form 2022
- The application form for GCET 2022 will be available at the Application Reception Centre in the month of March 2022.
- Candidates can fill the application form by providing their basic personal, educational and other details.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should also be provided in the application form.
- After filling all the details into the application form, the candidates can submit it at the Application Reception Centre.
- The candidates should keep a copy of the application form with them too for future reference.
- Application fee for GCET 2022 is expected to be Rs. 2000/-.
- Payment of application fee can be done in the account of Directorate of Technical Education in any branch of HDFC Bank in the State of Goa through demand draft.
GCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The following is the exam pattern for Goa Common Entrance Test 2022:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Number of papers: 3
- Exam duration: 2 hours (each paper)
- Number of questions: 225
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 225
- Marking scheme: One mark is provided for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Papers||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
GCET Syllabus 2022
Check out the syllabus for GCET 2022 below:
- Physics: Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Communication Systems, etc
- Chemistry: Solid State, Surface Chemistry, Aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc
- Mathematics: Relations and Functions, Calculus, Algebra, Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming, etc
Goa CET 2022 Admit Card
- Admit card to appear in the entrance exam can be obtained after submission of application form from the Application Reception Centre.
- The candidates must carry the admit card to the exam center or else they will not be allowed to enter into the exam hall.
- Details related to the exam like center, date, time, etc can be found on the admit card. Candidates must appear for the exam as per the details on the admit card.
- It is advised that the candidates keep their admit card safe from loss or damage or else it will not be considered as valid.
GCET Result 2022
- The result of the written test will be made available on the notice board at DTE hopefully in the month of May 2022.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared in the order of ranking and displayed on the notice board.
- In case of any error, the candidates can submit their grievances to the Chairman, Admission Committee, in writing.
- A final merit list of the candidates will be prepared and displayed again on the notice board.
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be invited to appear for the counseling round.
Goa CET 2022 Admission Process
- Candidates who qualify the entrance test need to submit an admission form and appear for admission round.
- Complete details of the admission round will be intimated to the candidates via the official website.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified and they will be asked to provide their choice for course and college.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their merit and choice, based on the availability of seats.
Goa Common Entrance Test FAQs 2022
Can I candidate from outside Goa apply for admission?
Yes. But such candidates will only be considered for the seats that remain vacant after granting admission to the Goan candidates.
What happens if anyone submits multiple applications?
In case it is found that an applicant has submitted more than one application form for a particular course, the application submitted last will be considered, and earlier application(s) shall automatically stand cancelled.
Do I need to enclose any document with the application form?
Self-attested photocopies of following certificates should be attached to the application form:
- Two passport size photographs to be affixed to application form & acknowledgement card
- Statement of marks of class 12th or equivalent exam
- Birth Certificate from Competent Authority
- Certificate of residence from the Mamlatdar, indicating period of continuous residence (minimum last 10 years) or ‘Bonafide student’ certificate from recognized schools in the state
- Leaving/Transfer certificate from school or college attended last, signed by the Headmaster / Principal of the institute (if applicable)
- SC/ST Category Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- OBC Category Caste Certificate (non-creamy layer and non-migrant) (if applicable)
- Persons with Disabilities Category certificate (if applicable)
- Respective certificates from applicants claiming seats under the Children of Freedom Fighters of Goa Category, under the Children of Goa State/ Central Government Employees, under the Children of Persons residing in Goa, under the Children of Ex-Servicemen Category, under the children of Goan Natives Category and under NRI/ OCI/ PIO/ Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries
Can I get a refund on the application fee?
Once submitted, the application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.