GCET 2022 exam is scheduled to be held on 11th and 12th July 2022 and its application form has been released on 23rd May 2022. Candidates desirous of taking admission in the BE and B.Pharma courses offered by the government and private colleges of Goa state can apply for GCET 2022. Directorate of Technical Education Goa is the concerned authority who conducts Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET). According to a latest notification released by DTE Goa, admissions to BArch course will be based on NATA score, while admissions to MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy), BAMS (Ayurveda), Allied Health Sciences (Paramedical), BSc in Nursing & BVSc and A.H courses would be based on NEET 2022 score.
New Notification: GCET 2022 application form has been released on 23rd May 2022.
GCET 2022 will be held on 11th and 12th May 2022 for admission to BE and BPharm courses. Admissions to BArch course will be based on NATA score, while admissions to MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy), BAMS (Ayurveda), Allied Health Sciences (Paramedical), BSc in Nursing & BVSc and A.H courses would be based on NEET 2022 score.
Table of Contents
GCET 2022 Overview
|Name of the exam||GCET 2022|
|Full Form||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education Goa|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses||BE and B.Pharma|
GCET 2022 Important Dates
Check below the important dates related to Goa Common Entrance Test 2022:
|Availability of application form at Application Reception Centre||23rd May 2022|
|Last date to submit application form at Application Reception Centre||To be announced|
|Issue of admit card||To be announced|
|Last date to submit application form with late fee of Rs. 1500/-||To be announced|
|Date of entrance test||11th July 2022
Physics- 10AM to 12 NOON
Chemistry- 2PM to 4PM
12th July 2022
Mathematics- 10AM to 12 NOON
|Result declaration||To be announced|
|Start of receiving of application forms for admission||To be announced|
|Last date for receiving application forms for admission||To be announced|
|Uploading of eligibility list for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||To be announced|
|Last date for submitting objections in the eligibility list||To be announced|
|Uploading of provisional merit list for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||To be announced|
|Uploading of final merit list for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||To be announced|
|First round of admission to engineering and pharmacy courses||To be announced|
|Display of eligibility list for NEET based courses at Admission Centre||To be announced|
|Last date for submitting objections in the eligibility list||To be announced|
|Release of provisional merit list for NEET based courses at Admission Centre||To be announced|
|Release of final merit list for NEET based courses at Admission Centre||To be announced|
|First round of admission to NEET based courses||To be announced|
|Second round of admission to engineering and pharmacy courses||To be announced|
|Publication of eligibility list for B.Arch course at Admission Centre||To be announced|
|Display of merit list||To be announced|
|First round of admission to B.Arch course||To be announced|
|Second round of admission to NEET based and B.Arch courses||To be announced|
|Third round of admission to engineering and pharmacy courses||To be announced|
GCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates in order to appear for GCET 2022:
- Indian national candidates, Non-Resident Indians holding Indian passport, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) /Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are considered eligible for admissions.
- For admission to degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Science, B.V.Sc & AH and Nursing, minimum of age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2022 is required.
- No age limit is specified for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy Courses.
- BE: Applicants who clear their class 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology and a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in these subjects (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) is required. English as a subject at 10+2 level is also required.
- B.Pharma: The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology scoring not less than 45% marks in aggregate of these subjects (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates). English as a subject at 10+2 level is also required.
- B.Arch: Candidates need to clear their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics obtaining at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in these subjects and overall. A valid NATA score is also required.
- B.Sc Nursing: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and an aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in these subjects and overall is required. English as a subject at 10+2 level is also required.
- MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS & AHS: Those with a pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with at least 50% marks. (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates and 45% for PWD candidates) in aggregate of these subjects and overall are eligible. English as a subject at 10+2 level is also required.
GCET 2022 Application Form
- The application form for GCET 2022 is available at the Application Reception Centre, DTE Goa from 23rd May 2022.
- Candidates can fill the application form by providing their basic personal, educational and other details.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should also be provided in the application form.
- After filling all the details into the application form, the candidates can submit it at the Application Reception Centre.
- The candidates should keep a copy of the application form with them too for future reference.
- Application fee for GCET 2022 is expected to be Rs. 2000/-.
- Payment of application fee can be done in the account of Directorate of Technical Education in any branch of HDFC Bank in the State of Goa through demand draft.
GCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The following is the exam pattern for Goa Common Entrance Test 2022:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Number of papers: 3
- Exam duration: 2 hours (each paper)
- Number of questions: 225
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 225
- Marking scheme: One mark is provided for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Papers||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
GCET 2022 Syllabus
Check out the syllabus for GCET 2022 below:
- Physics: Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Communication Systems, etc
- Chemistry: Solid State, Surface Chemistry, Aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc
- Mathematics: Relations and Functions, Calculus, Algebra, Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming, etc
Goa CET 2022 Admit Card
- GCET 2022 admit card can be downloaded after submission of application form from the official website of DTE Goa.
- The candidates must carry the admit card to the exam center or else they will not be allowed to enter into the exam hall.
- Details related to the exam like center, date, time, etc can be found on the admit card. Candidates must appear for the exam as per the details on the admit card.
- It is advised that the candidates keep their admit card safe from loss or damage or else it will not be considered as valid.
GCET 2022 Result
- GCET 2022 result will be published at the official website of Directorate of Technical Education Goa.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared in the order of ranking and displayed on the notice board.
- In case of any error, the candidates can submit their grievances to the Chairman, Admission Committee, in writing.
- A final merit list of the candidates will be prepared and displayed again on official website.
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be invited to appear for the counseling round.
Goa CET 2022 Admission Process
- Candidates who qualify the entrance test need to submit an admission form and appear for admission round.
- Complete details of the admission round will be intimated to the candidates via the official website.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified and they will be asked to provide their choice for course and college.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their merit and choice, based on the availability of seats.
Goa Common Entrance Test FAQs 2022
Question- Can I candidate from outside Goa apply for admission?
Answer- Yes. But such candidates will only be considered for the seats that remain vacant after granting admission to the Goan candidates.
Question- What happens if anyone submits multiple applications?
Answer- In case it is found that an applicant has submitted more than one application form for a particular course, the application submitted last will be considered, and earlier application(s) shall automatically stand cancelled.
Question- Do I need to enclose any document with the application form?
Answer- Self-attested photocopies of following certificates should be attached to the application form:
- Two passport size photographs to be affixed to application form & acknowledgement card
- Statement of marks of class 12th or equivalent exam
- Birth Certificate from Competent Authority
- Certificate of residence from the Mamlatdar, indicating period of continuous residence (minimum last 10 years) or ‘Bonafide student’ certificate from recognized schools in the state
- Leaving/Transfer certificate from school or college attended last, signed by the Headmaster / Principal of the institute (if applicable)
- SC/ST Category Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- OBC Category Caste Certificate (non-creamy layer and non-migrant) (if applicable)
- Persons with Disabilities Category certificate (if applicable)
- Respective certificates from applicants claiming seats under the Children of Freedom Fighters of Goa Category, under the Children of Goa State/ Central Government Employees, under the Children of Persons residing in Goa, under the Children of Ex-Servicemen Category, under the children of Goan Natives Category and under NRI/ OCI/ PIO/ Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries
Question- Can I get a refund on the application fee?
Answer- Once submitted, the application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.