Table of Contents
- Name of the Institute/University: Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUAT)
- Type of Institute: Public
- Courses Offered:Various UG, PG and Doctorate Courses in different disciplines
- Established in:1960
- Campus Location:Pantnagar,
- Accredited by/Affiliations:Union Grant Commission (UGC), Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology Admission
Govind Ballabh Pant Agriculture and Technological University, Patanagar (GBPUAT, Pantnagar) was established on November 17, 1960. Jawaharlal Nehru inaugurated the university as “Uttar Pradesh Agricultural University” (UPAU) butlater in 1972, it became the “Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology” in memory of Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant. State University is now part of the state of Uttrakhand and has been declared as one of the best Universities of Uttarakhand. The University is known as the pioneer of the Green Revolution in India. It offers various programs in different disciplines of Agriculture,Horticulture, Forestry,and technology.
GBPUAT Campus details
University campus located in Pantnagar spreads in the area of 10,016.29 acres (40.5345 km2) which makes it the second largest university in the world. The university campus is situated 250km away from Delhi in Udham Singh Nagar district of Uttarakhand.University Auto Rickshaws, local Rickshaws, shuttle services and Matador Vans join various parts of the campus. Pantnagar is completely a residential university which includes an independent township.
Courses Offered by the GBPUAT
- B.V.Sc. & A.H. Courses
- M.V.Sc. Courses (Physiology)
- M.Sc. Foods and Nutrition
- M.Sc. Clothing and Textiles
- M.Sc. Human Development and Family Studies
- PhD Courses (Physiology)
- PhD Human Nutrition
- PhD Family Resource Management
- Bachelor, Masters and PhD programmes in Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
GBPUAT Pantnagar Admission Process
- Candidates can get admission in the university on the basis of their performance in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Mains). The JEE Mains is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Candidates will be required to take part in the counselling subsequently by Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU), Dehradun.
- The university conducts the entrance exam for the admission into the MCA programme.
- Candidates, who want to take admission in the other colleges of the university, will have to take part in the Competitive Entrance Examination.
- Candidates can access the admission notice and prospectus on the official website of the university.
Facilities Available in GBPUAT
- Centre of Advanced Faculty Training In Plant Pathology
- Store Purchase Office to coordinate and monitor the various purchases in the University
- Well-equipped Hospital which is easily accessible to all the people of the University
- Library with the collection of 3.9 Lakh documents in the field of Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Animal Husbandry, Home Science, Fisheries, Basic Sciences, Humanities, Technology & other allied subjects
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) to organize basic military training and adventure sports for student-cadets
- Vivekanand Swadhyay Mandal, Sanskritic Chetna Parishad and other organizations to organize popular fests, fairs, cultural nights, treasure hunts and competitions
- The student wing of CHETNA NGO (Delhi) which is working for the upliftment of underprivileged and deprived children in the campus and nearby areas
- Liberal education courses in dance, music, yoga, Indian cultural heritage, personality development, English vocabulary, Indian languages (Tamil, Punjabi), foreign languages (French, German), etc.
- Stevenson stadium to host sports activities, which are organized through 17 sport clubs
- Separate Hostel accommodation for boys and girls
- Well maintained classrooms and air-conditioned seminar hall with audio-visual aids.
- Computers with Xerox machine
Contact Details of GBPUAT Pantnagar
|Address||G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology
Pantnagar – 263145
|Phone Number||+91-5944-233407 (Admission Cell), +91-5944-233640|
|Email ID||[email protected]/ [email protected]|
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here