The Gauhati University, located in Guwahati, is one of the renowned universities in north-eastern India. The university will be soon releasing details of its B.Ed admissions for the year 2019. An entrance test will be conducted for the same and on the basis of the results, admissions will be granted in the various colleges affiliated to the Gauhati University and recognized by the NCTE. The candidates can check the official university website, gauhati.ac.in, for any important details regarding registration, admit card, exam date, etc. All the details will also be published on this page so that the candidates can have easy access to them.
Important Events and their Dates
|Release of Application Form||3rd week of July 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||Last week of July 2019|
|Issue of Admit Card||August 2019, 1st week|
|Date of Examination||August 2019, 2nd week|
|Announcement of Results||Last week of August 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University B.Ed Exam
The eligibility criteria are same as mentioned in the NCTE norms. However, relaxation policy for the reserved category will be as per the rules of Gauhati University.
The application form will be released on the official site of the Gauhati University. The process of form submission, fee payment and issue of challan will be online. After filling all the credentials, and uploading soft copy of photograph and signature, the form will be submitted along with the registration fee. For fee payment, the applicants will have to submit an online challan and the application form will only be accepted after you make successful payment of the fee. Kindly check all the credentials and your eligibility criteria before the final submission.
Gauhati University B.Ed Exam Pattern
The duration of exam will be 2:30 hours and the total marks will be 100. The whole question paper will be divided into five sections and all the questions will be of MCQ type. There is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
|Numerical Aptitude and General Ability||15|
|Current Indian Education||25|
Gauhati University B.Ed Exam Syllabus
- General English: Vocabulary, tense, correction of sentences, narration, preposition
- General Knowledge: Indian history, politics, current affairs, general science
- Numerical Aptitude and General Ability: General aptitude and reasoning
- Teaching Aptitude: Concept of training, roles and responsibilities as a teacher, teaching skills, nature and characteristics of teaching
- Current Indian Education: Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhiyan, Rashtriya Uchchattar Siksha Abhiyan, National Policy On Education, Universalization of Elementary Education, Yashpal Committee Report, Vocationalization of secondary education, Role of NAAC National Knowledge Commission, Operation Blackboard, Secondary And Higher Education under 12th FYP, Higher Education-Access, Equity and Quality.
Admit Card and Result
The admit card will be issued by the university on its website. All the information related to the examination will be mentioned on the admit card. The candidate needs to take a printout of the admit card and make sure to carry it to the examination center. The admit card will not be sent by any offline method and will be sent only to the candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Approximately two weeks after the exam is conducted, the university will upload the results of the entrance test. After the official announcement of the result, the applicants can check it on the university website by entering their application number and date of birth.