It is must to have an idea of WBJEE exam pattern 2018 in case you are going to apply for this exam. In order to save your time and effort, we are mentioning below the details regarding exam pattern of WBJEE 2018. Exam pattern holds a majority of significance but the most crucial significance is you can plan your preparation in a more efficient way. Let’s have a look on exam pattern for WBJEE 2018 exam:
- All questions will follow class XI, XII standard.
- All questions will be objective type.
- The exam is conducted via two papers; Paper I and Paper II. In the paper I questions will be asked from Mathematics and exam duration will be 2 hours whereas, in paper II questions will be asked from Physics and Chemistry and the exam duration will be for 2 hours.
- In both papers, questions are divided into three categories namely category 1, category 2 and category 3. Distribution of questions and marks are follow:
|Subject||Category- I (Number of questions and respective marks)||Category- II (Number of questions and respective marks)||Category- III (Number of questions and respective marks))||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics||Number of Questions: 60Marks: 60||Number of Questions: 10Marks: 20||Number of Questions: 10Marks: 20||80||100|
|Physics||Number of Questions: 30Marks: 30||Number of Questions: 5Marks: 10||Number of Questions: 5Marks: 10||40||50|
|Chemistry||Number of Questions: 30Marks: 30||Number of Questions: 5Marks: 10||Number of Questions: 5Marks: 10||40||50|
- For category-I, one mark will be given for every accurate answer and 25% of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- For category-II, 2 marks will be given for every accurate answer and 25% of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- In Category-III, two answers may be right. 2 marks will be given for right answers. Suppose a question has two answers and a student mark one right and one wrong answer, then no marks will be awarded. The formula will be used for marking in this category is 2 x (no. of correct response/total no. of correct options).
Feel free to Share your query with us if any. We will try our level best to revert soon. Thanks