It is expected that West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will schedule the WBJEE 2019 exam in May 2019 tentatively. The applicant preparing for this entrance test must know the exam pattern in order to prepare better. The exam will be consisting of two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
The paper 1 will have the questions from Mathematics and in paper 2 the questions will be asked from Physics and chemistry subject. However, the exact exam pattern will be released with the official notification by the board. For reference, candidates can check the exam pattern based on previous year exams through this article.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
- The WBJEE 2019 Exam will be conducted offline i.e. OMR sheet based mode
- All the questions will be asked in English language only.
- Based on the marking scheme, the questions will be divided into three categories i.e. category 1, category 2 and category 3.
- The duration of exam will be 4 Hours ( 2 hours for each paper)
- The maximum marks will be 200.
- Only Multiple Choice objective type of questions will be asked.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern in Detail
A total of 155 questions will be asked in the exam and divided into three categories
|Category of Questions||Mathematics||Physics||Chemistry||Marks per question|
|Category 1 (one option will be correct)||50||30||30||1|
|Category 2 (one option will be correct)||15||5||5||2|
|Category 3 ( one or more option will be correct)||10||5||5||2|
|Total No. of Question||75||40||40|
- There will be a negative marking of ¼ marks for the questions from category 1.
- ½ marks will be deducted for a wrong answer in case of category-2 questions.
- As there will be more than one correct option in Category -3 question, there will be no negative marking.