The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (commonly known as WBJEE) is a state-level common entrance examination organized by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. The exam is conducted for providing admission to candidates in undergraduate courses of engineering, architecture & pharmacy at various affiliated institutions/govt colleges/ self-financing and universities of West Bengal. WBJEE 2018 Exam will be conducted on 22nd April 2018 (Sunday). Eligible candidates who want to apply this exam must fill WBJEE 2018 online application form by visiting the official website of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
WBJEE 2018 is going to be held on 22nd April 2018, application form would be available from the first week of January 2018. – Official Says
A Quick Overview of WBJEE 2018
|Purpose of WBJEE 2018||For providing admission into Undergraduate course in Engineering & Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy offered in Universities, Government Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the State.|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline Mode (Paper Based Examination)|
|No. of Papers||Two Papers (Paper I- Mathematics & Paper II- Physics & Chemistry Combined)|
|Type of the Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of the Payment of Fee||By using Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan|
|Admit Card||Can be Downloaded from the official website of WBJEEB.|
|Result||Online from the official website of WBJEEB|
- Candidates, willing to get admission into Engineering & Technology and Architecture course, they are required to appear in both Paper I as well as Paper II;
- For getting admission into Pharmacy course offered in Jadavpur University, candidates have to appear in both the papers;
However, for admission into Pharmacy course in any other institution, it is only compulsory to appear in paper II.
WBJEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Find below the details about WBJEE eligibility criteria. Every candidate has to ensure that he/she is meeting all recommended criteria. If he/she is found ineligible at any stage of the selection process, then he/she will be barred from the further session at the same time.
Applicant must be a citizen of India. He/she should possess domicile of West Bengal to get enrolled in any institute’s reserved category or Governments colleges.
Age Criteria & Restrictions
- The minimum age limit for candidates is 17 years as on 31st December 2018. It means, candidates, who are born on or after 1st January 2001, are not eligibility for appearing in the exam. The authority has not specified the upper age limit for appearing in WBJEE 2018.
- Lower & Upper Age Limit for admission into the degree level Marine Engineering Course: The low age limit is 17 years as on 31st December 2018 and the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December 2018.
Educational Qualification Required for WBJEE 2018
Minimum Educational Qualification for Paper I
- Candidates, who have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one from Biotechnology / Chemistry / Biology / Computer Application/ Computer Science as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory as well as practical), are eligible. The mentioned qualification must be obtained in regular class mode.
- They should have acquired minimum 45% marks (40% for the candidates of reserved category) in aggregate in above three subjects.
- The board, from which you have passed the qualifying examination, must be recognized by the Central or State Government concerned.
Minimum Educational Qualification for Paper II
- Candidates, who passed ‘10+2’ examination with Chemistry and Physics along with any one of Biotechnology / Biology / Mathematics / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory as well as practical), are eligible. The mentioned educational qualification must be acquired in regular class mode.
- They need to obtain minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in above mentioned subjects.
- It is also essential to obtain 30% marks in English.
- The board, from which you have obtained the qualifying degree, must be recognized by the Central or State Government concerned.
- Please keep in your mind that this criterion is not applicable for getting admission in Pharmacy programme in Jadavpur University.
WBJEE 2018 Important dates – Released
All the dates, updated in this post, are tentative in nature and will be updated after the announcement of its associated official notification. Currently, the authority has announced the exam date for WBJEE 2018 only. Other dates are yet to be released officially. Keep checking the post for regular updates.
|Information brochure will be available from||December 2017|
|Online Application Process starts from||January 2018|
|Deadline for online application||February 2018|
|Last date for uploading important documents||March 2018|
|Deadline for application fee payment||March 2018|
|End date to print the confirmation page||March 2018|
|Correction window opens from||March 2018|
|WBJEE 2018 Admit card will available to download||April 2018|
|Date of WBJEE exam 2018||22nd April 2018|
|Result will be announced on||June 2018|
WBJEE 2018 Application Form: How to apply
Below, aspirants can check the step by instructions for WBJEE Application form submission. The given details are important in terms of the successful application for WBJEE 2018.
Process for Filling up the Application Form
- Candidates are permitted to apply for WBJEE in online mode only;
- Please ensure that you are filling the right application through the official website of WBJEEB;
- You should have your working phone number and email ID before you apply for the entrance exam;
- You should read the guidelines before you apply for the entrance test;
- Once you enter the registration details such as your name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth, it won’t be changed further;
- Do not submit the duplicate application;
- In case you receive the mail/sms regarding discrepancy in the application, then you need to make the necessary correction immediately;
- You should not wait till the last date for the payment of fee in order to avoid the payment failure;
Uploading of Images
Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recently taken colour photograph, signature and left thumb impression. The size of the images should be as follows:
|Images Need to be uploaded||Image Format||Storage Size||Dimension|
|Signature||JPEG||3 kb to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Photograph||JPEG||10 kb to 100 kb||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Left hand thumb impression (LTI)||JPEG||3 kb to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Necessary Features of the Photograph
- The photograph needs to be taken on or after 1st December 2017;
- Low quality photograph taken through mobile device won’t be accepted. Therefore, candidates are instructed to obtain quality photograph from a professional studio;
- Background of the photograph should be of very light colour;
- Candidate’s face must occupy minimum 50% of the total space for photograph looking straight to the camera.
- Spectacles of dark or tinted glasses won’t be allowed;
Payment of the Exam Fee
After uploading the images candidates will be redirected automatically to the fee payment page. The authority has specified the application fee as Rs.500/- and it can be paid by using the net banking/credit card/debit card/Allahabad bank e-challan. The fee, once paid, won’t be refunded back under any circumstances.
Obtain the Confirmation Page
Upon successful completion of all above-said steps candidates will be redirected automatically for downloading the confirmation page. Please obtain the printout of the confirmation page for future reference. Please keep in mind that your application would be incomplete till the confirmation page is not generated.
Make Correction in the Application Form
- Candidates are not allowed to make correction in registration data such as their name, mother’s name, father’s name and date of birth;
- Other information can be corrected during correction window period by using the edit mode;
WBJEE 2018 Examination Pattern
The details of WBJEE Exam pattern are provided below. If you are preparing for the exam then you must review the details provided below. It will help you to prepare well for the exam.
The exam is going to be conducted in offline mode (paper based examination). Successful candidates may get admission into different undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy offered at Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
Subjects of the Examination
- There will be three subjects in the exam including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics;
- Paper 1 will contain questions from Mathematics only, whereas, Paper 2 will consist of questions from Physics & Chemistry.
- If you are seeking admission into Engineering & Technology and Architecture courses then you have to appear in Paper I as well as Paper II;
- Candidates, who want to pursue Pharmacy degree from Jadavpur University, they have to appear in Paper I as well as Paper II;
- Candidates, who are seeking admission into degree level pharmacy programmes in institutes other than Jadavpur University, they will have to appear in Paper II only;
Question Paper Pattern
Only multiple choice questions would be asked in the exam. Candidates will find there categories of questions in each of the subjects.
|Category-I (1 Mark Question)||Category II (2 marks question)||Category III ( marks question)||Total number of questions||Total marks|
|No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
In Category 1: There will be only one answer option correct;
In Category II: There will be only one answer option correct;
In Category III: One or more answer options may be correct;
How to Answer the Questions?
- Candidates have to mark their answers on specially designed optical machine readable response (OMR) sheet;
- They need to mark their answer simply by darkening the appropriate circle using blue/black ball point pen.
- Every correct answer will lead to 1 mark;
- ¼ mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer;
- If you have marked more than one answer option for a particular question then it will be treated as wrong attempt and it will lead to negative marking;
- Every correct attempt will lead to 2 mark;
- ½ marks would be deducted for every incorrect answer;
- In case you have marked more than one answer response for a particular question then it will be treated as wrong attempt and hence lead to ½ marks;
- In this category, more than one option may be right;
- Every correct attempt will lead to 2 mark;
- A combination of correct and wrong response will lead to zero marks;
- Marks for partially correct response, marks will be calculated as = 2 x total no. of correct¸(no. of correct options marked options);
WBJEE Syllabus 2018
WBJEE includes questions from Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry. Candidates are instructed to make themselves comfortable in class XI and XII syllabus as questions will be included accordingly. Somes of the known topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are provided below:
Physics Syllabus: Questions are to be asked from Solid state Electronics; Atomic Physics; Electromagnetic waves; Nuclear Physics; Magnetic effect of current; Current Electricity; Electrostatics; Oscillations & Waves; Kinetic theory of gases; Work, power, energy; Viscosity Thermodynamics; Gravitation; Magnetics; Laws of motion; Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions; Kinematics
Chemistry Syllabus: Principles of Qualitative Analysis; Aromatic Compounds; Introduction to Bio-Molecules; Application Oriented chemistry; Carboxylic Acids; Aldehydes and Ketones; Ethers; Chemistry of Carbon Compounds; Alcohols; Haloalkanes and Haloarenes; Aliphatic Compounds; Aliphatic Amines; Environmental Chemistry; Chemistry in Industry; Surface Chemistry; Polymers; Chemistry of Metals; Ionic and Redox Equilibria; Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds; Hydrogen; Physical Chemistry of Solutions; Liquid State; Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics; Gaseous State; Solid State; Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure; Coordination Compounds; The Periodic Table and Chemical Families; Atomic Structure; Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry; Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
Mathematics Syllabus: Questions are to be asked from Algebra, Trigonometry; Coordinate geometry of two dimensions; Coordinate geometry of three dimensions; Calculus;
WBJEE 2018 Admit card
The Card will be available to download most likely in the month April 2018. Candidates, who successfully submit their WBJEE Application form, may download their WBJEE admit card through the official website of board. Applicants have to carry the admit card along with one photograph at the examination center.
Note: Candidates will not be allowed to write in WBJEE 2018 without having a valid admit card.
Find the complete details about WBJEE Syllabus
WBJEE 2018 Answer key
The WBJEE answer key will be published only after the successful completion of WBJEE 2018. Candidates who are going to appear in the exam can check the answer key through visiting the official website of conducting body.
WBJEE 2018 Result
The WBJEE Result 2018 will be announced tentatively in the month June 2018. Candidates who successfully appeared in the entrance exam can check the WBJEE result by going through the official portal of authority. Applicants are recommended to download the result and take the printouts of the same as it will be required to show at the time of admission.
WBJEE 2018 Merit list
After the announcement of the result, the authority will publish a WBJEE merit list for the candidates who qualify the exam. According to the merit list, candidates will be invited for the counselling procedure. Aspirants can check and download the WBJEE merit list online from the official website. There will be two separate merit lists published.
Merit Rank List- I (GMR)
The merit list would be applicable for admission into all Degree Level Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses available in the colleges of West Bengal state;
Merit Rank List- II (PMR)
The merit rank list II would be applicable for admission into Degree Level Pharmacy Courses in the pharmacy colleges of the state excluding Jadavpur University.
WBJEE 2018 Counselling
The authority will invite the selected applicants for counselling process as per their merit or rank obtained in WBJEE Exam. The counseling of WBJEE will begin in the month of June 2018 tentatively. Candidates can check the dates and other WBJEE counselling information online from board’s website after the release of official notification. Here are the important highlights:
- Candidates will be invited to attend the interview according to their overall performance in WBJEE. The notification, with regards to the e-counseling or seat allotment, will be published at its official website.
- The counselling process for WBJEE is going to be organized in offline mode.
- Candidates are free to choose the college and programmes according to their rank in the exam.
- They will be also asked to repot at the reporting center for the verification of their documents.
List of Books, That May Help You During WBJEE Preparation
We have listed few books that will help you during your exam preparation. All candidates should prepare for the exam as per the prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
|Sl. No||List of Books||Publisher|
|1.||NCERT Physics (For Theory Only)||NCERT|
|2.||Understanding Physics series (For Practice Only)||D.C.Pandey|
|3.||Concepts of Physics (For Theory and Practice)||H.C.Verma|
|4.||NCERT Chemistry (Best Recommended Book for WBJEE)||NCERT|
|5.||Inorganic Chemistry (For Theory and Practice)||O.P.Tondon|
|6.||Physical Chemistry (For Practice)||O.P.Tondon|
|7.||Organic Chemistry (For Theory and Mechanism)||Arihant Publication|
For more news and updates, stay tuned with 99entranceexam