WBJEE 2017 (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) 2017 is a well-known Engineering Entrance Test of the state conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) for admission to various undergraduate engineering, architecture and pharmacy programes offered by various Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the State. Candidates can obtain its application form for the academic session 2017-2018 from 5th January, 2017 and exam will be organized on 23rd April, 2017.
WBJEE 2017 admit card availability starts from 12th April 2017. Download Here
Download WBJEE 2017 information brochure- Click Here
Minimum Eligibility Criteria- WBJEE 2017
If you are appearing in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE 2017) then you must need to check out the minimum required eligibility criteria mentioned below. If you are not fulfilling any of the criteria mentioned you won’t be allowed to apply for the exam.
हिंदी में जानने के लिए क्लिक करें
Eligibility for appearing in both Paper I and Paper II
- Only Indian citizen can apply.
- Aspirants should have completed or appeared in class 12th exam from a recognized State or Central board of education and scored 45% marks (40% for candidates belonging to reserved category) in three subjects as mentioned below.
- Candidates should have studied Physics & Mathematics along with one of the subjects from Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application in class 12th for appearing in the exam.
- Talking about the age of applicants should be at least 17 years as on or before 31st December, 2017, no upper age limit will be three for appearing in this exam. It means, candidates who are born, on or after 01.01.2000, are not eligible.
- Candidates those are interested to get admission to mining engineering, their maximum age should not exceed 25 years on or before 31st of December 2017.
Eligibility For Appearing in Only Paper II
- Candidates should be pass in class 12th with Physics and Mathematics along with one of the subjects for example Biology /Mathematics / Biotechnology / Computer Science /Computer Application.
- Candidates need to obtain at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) by combining above mentioned three subjects.
- Candidates need to obtain at least 30% marks in 10+2.
- Candidate’s education board must be recognized by the Central Government or concerned state government.
*Appearing candidates may apply for the exam but if they fail to submit the requisite certificates before the timeline is over then they won’t be eligible for further rounds of admissions.
*Please keep in your mind that your provided details in the application form will not be verified during application session. The authority will verify all given details at the time of counselling and if they find any sort of errors then candidature of that particular student will get cancelled at the same time. So, be careful.
*Candidates who have secured at least 60% marks (45% for reserved category) in class 12th exam along with at least 30% marks in English, they are only eligible to apply for admission to Jadavpur University.
*There is no any domicile/residential requirements for appearing in WBJEE, however it will be essential in order to get admission into Government engineering, technology and pharmacy colleges and reserved category seats.
Complete Eligibility Info- Check Here
How to Apply?
WBJEE 2017 application form will be available from 5th January, 2017 at its official portal. Candidates are required to fill their application in the recommended format and with genuine information. If you talk about the complete application procedure then there are majorly three parts candidates need to undergone through and those are:
- Filling requisite details: Here you’ll be asked to enter your personal and educational details.
- Uploading of documents: Documents which are necessary to be uploaded are your left thumb impression, signature and latest colored passport size photograph. All these documents must be in jpg/jpeg format.
- Payment of fee: Fee can be paid through debit card, credit card or through Allahabad bank challan. Application fee for medical/dental/pharmacy is Rs.500/-, for engineering/technology/architecture (Rs.500/-) and for engineering/technology/architecture/medical/dental/pharmacy, the fee is mentioned as Rs. 600/-.
- After completion of the application process, candidates will be redirected to downloading and pring confirmatoon page. Please keep in your mind that your application is not successfull till you obtain the conformation page.
Check Detailed info for WBJEE Application Form 2017
Important Dates- Announced Officially
|Events of the exam||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Information brochure along with proforma of income and domicile certificate available from||28th December, 2016|
|Online application starts from||5th January, 2017|
|Last date for registration and online application including fee payment and confirmation page download||4th February, 2017|
|Correction window will open||6th February to 8th February, 2017|
|Admit card download from http://wbjeeb.nic.in/||12th April, 2017 (tentative)|
|Exam Date||23rd April, 2017
Paper 1 (Mathematics)- 11.00 am to 1.00 pm
Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry)- 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
|Date of publication of result||5th June, 2017 (Tentative)|
Please go through the recommended exam pattern of the exam, it will help you in various ways during preparation:
- All questions will be according to the syllabus of WBJEEM 2017.
- All questions involved in the paper will be MCQ type having four options among which candidates need to pick the right answer.
- Candidates need to answer questions in OMR sheet and it must be marked (bubbled) by using only blue/black ball point pen only.
Question Paper Description
|Subject Involved||Category 1 Description||Category 2 Description||Category 3 Description||Total Number of Questions (MCQ)||Total Marks Allotted|
|Chemistry||30 x 1 mark||5 x 2 marks||5 x 2 marks||40||50|
|Physics||30 x 1 mark||5 x 2 marks||5 x 2 marks||40||50|
|Mathematics||50 x 1 mark||15 x 2 marks||10 x 2 marks||75||100|
Marking Scheme WBJEE 2017
|Category Name||Category Description||Mark Awarded for Every Correct Response||Negative Marking|
|Category 1||In this category only one option of the question will be correct.||+1 Mark||-1/4 mark|
|Category 2||Only one option will be correct.||+2 Marks||-1/2 mark|
|Category 3||One of more options can be correct.||+2 mark (if all marked answers are correct) and for partially correct answer (2 X (no of correct options marked) / (total no of actually correct options)).||—|
Check complete exam pattern- Click Here
Check exam syllabus- Click Here
Best books to prepare for WBJEE exam- Check Here
Admit card of WBJEE 2017 will be available at http://wbjeeb.nic.in/ from 12th April, 2017. Candidates must download this document according to the time specified by the exam conducting authority. This document is simply must in terms of appearing in this exam. Candidates must verify that their respective admit card is not mutilated/ soiled/distorted even by accident.
Please keep in your mind that the authority will not issue duplicate admit card under any circumstances. Therefore, candidates must keep their respective admit card reserve till the admission procedure will end. Double check all information available in your admit card and if you have find any sort of errors then intimate the authority regarding the same.
Download your admit card- Click Here
Answer key of WBJEE 2017 exam will be published officially and by several reputed engineering/medical coaching centers. Exact dates for uploading of answer key will be updated in this section very soon. One can challenge against answer key by logging into their account with using their respective password. In case you are challenging against the answer key then you’ll have to make payment of Rs.500/- for each question.
WJEE 2017 result will be declared on 5th June, 2017 (tentative). Candidates need to log on to the official website in order to check their respective result. The authority will declare result of candidates in terms of rank card. Candidates should download their respective admit card by logging to their account. Candidate, who appear in both paper I and paper II, they will get both GMR and PMR, however, candidates appearing in only paper II, they will get only PMR.
Check your result- Click Here
Check merit list- Click Here
After declaration of the result, the concerned authority will release schedule of counseling and admission. Tentatively, WBJEE Counseling 2017 will be held in the month of July, 2017. Keep visiting 99Entranceexam.in for further details.
Check counselling info- Click Here
- WBJEE Scholarship Scheme
- Income certificate Proforma
- Residential and Domicile certificate proforma
- Zones of Examination
- List of Participating Institutes for WBJEE 2017
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City,