TNEA Counseling 2019 is expected to be held in the month of July 2019. Candidates aspiring for the admission in Engineering offered by different colleges under Tamil Nadu via TNEA 2019 can get all the vital information regarding the counseling process for TNEA in this Article. Candidates should know that the admission will be based on the percentage secured by them in class 12th. They can check their respective rank on the official portal. Candidates are recommended to go through the complete article to know the key aspects TNEA Counseling 2019.
TNEA Counseling Process 2019
Students will be grouped according to the rank secured by them and each group will get a chance to participate in the TNEA Counseling process 2019. The counseling will be conducted in 5 rounds for which candidates need to login to the portal. Candidates will go through the following procedures in each round of counseling –
- Announcement of List: A list of eligible candidates will be announced in the TNEA portal.
- Online Payment: Candidates will need to deposit the mentioned amount through online mode (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) as per their category –
General Category – Rs. 5000/- only
SC/SCA/ST –Rs.1000/- only.
- Addition of Choices: Candidates on successful payment can add choices (branch of Engineering) to the list of colleges as per their preference. They will be given a stipulated time of 3 days to fill the choices. The choices must be filled in the order of High priority to low priority. Since the TNEA Portal provides many ways to order the choices, candidates should remember to save their choices regularly. For reference, candidates can download a sample sheet from the portal.
- Choice Locking Process: Once done adding the choices, candidates should lock their choices before the stipulated time is over. Candidates can rearrange and modify their choices through the Portal. Once choices are locked, candidates will receive a PDF file in their registered email address containing the list of choices preferred by them along with an integrity code. The integrated code simply means that no further modifications can be made in the list for the current round. In case candidates forget to lock the choice , the system will by default lock the choice filled by the candidate (if any)and if there is no choice list available, the candidate need to opt for next round of counseling.
- Tentative Allotment: The system will allot the choice tentatively based on the rank and preference of candidate.
- Allotment Option Submission: After tentative allotment ,candidate can accept or reject the choice .There will be different options for allotment available that a candidate can choose from –
- Candidate can accept the choice by confirming it.
- Confirm the choice with upward movement (High ordered choice will be allotted).
- Decline the choice & go for upward movement.
- Reject the choice & proceed for next round of counseling.
- Quit the counseling procedure.
- Final Allotment: The final allotment will be based on candidate’s rank and previously allotted choice. Candidates can download the final allotment through the TNEA portal.
After these rounds, the TNEA counseling process 2019 will be finished and the candidate will have to report to the college allotted to them during counseling and submit the required fee at the time of admission to the college. If a candidate fails to report to the college under stipulated time, he/she has to leave the seat and will not be eligible to claim the seat in future.