TNEA 2019: Anna University, Chennai is the apex body for managing Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA). There will be no entrance examination organized by the University for offering admission to the engineering courses in the state of Tamil Nadu. The candidates will be admitted to engineering programmes on the basis of scores obtained in 10+2 examination. TNEA 2019 is an admission procedure held for providing admission to eligible candidates into various engineering courses. Many reputed colleges in the state will offer admission to engineering courses through TNEA 2019.
Aspiring candidates who want to pursue engineering degree programme from the colleges in Tamil Nadu must submit the TNEA 2019 application form as per prescribed schedule. In this post, we have provided complete information about TNEA 2019.
Latest: The application form for TNEA 2019 will be available from 2nd May 2019. Check more info about the application form.
TNEA 2019 important dates
The actual schedule for the TNEA 2019 has been released now. Here, we are listing the official exam dates of TNEA 2019 for the year 2019. These dates are based on previous year TNEA schedule. By following the same you can get an idea about the admission dates and prepare accordingly.
|Official notification will be released on||Released|
|Application form will be available from||2nd May 2019|
|Last date for application form submission||31st May 2019|
|Merit/Rank List will be published on||June 2019|
|Counselling will commence from||June 2019|
Interested candidates who are going to apply for TNEA 2019 have to check their eligibility first and then start the application fill in process. The complete details about TNEA 2019 eligibility criteria are provided below.
- Those, who are from Tamil Nadu state & have passed their 10+2 examination from the state, are eligible to apply.
- Local candidate of Tamil Nadu state who done their 10+2 examination from another state may also eligible to apply provided they have to produce a valid nativity certificate during the admission process.
- Applicants who are not from the state of Tamil Nadu, but completed their 10+2 examination from the state can apply for admission.
- Children/wards of central government employees can apply for the admission process. They have to submit their guardians/ parents native certificates who have been serving in the state of Tamil Nadu for last 5 years constantly.
- Children of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers are also eligible to apply for TNEA 2019.
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as a mandatory subject from a recognized board.
- Applicants must clear the qualifying examination i.e. 12th with 50% marks (45% marks for OBC Category and 40% marks for candidates from SC, ST, SCA, MBC, and DNC Category).
- The minimum age of candidate will be 18 year
- The upper age limit should not be exceeded over 25 years.
- There will be an age relaxation for the candidates from the reserved category as per the university rules.
TNEA 2019 Application Form: How to apply?
Applicants should apply for TNEA 2019 admission process by submitted their application form as per the prescribed schedule. The application form of TNEA 2019 will be available in both online and offline modes. Interested and eligible candidates are recommended to first read the important instructions mentioned in the brochure then proceed to application fill in process. Some of the important points related to TNEA 2019 Application form are furnished below:
- The TNEA application form 2019 will be released most likely in April 2019 by the university.
- For online registration, candidates have to visit the official website of Anna University.
- In case of offline application mode, the candidates can obtain the form from the TNEA designated center or via post.
- Fill the details in the application form correctly and carefully.
- After completing the application fill in process, candidates have to submit the duly filled TNEA 2019 form along with the relevant documents in the following address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600025
For the successful submission of application form, candidates have to pay the applicable amount as the necessary fee. The payment of application fee can be made via offline as well as online mode. The application fee is given below:
|Category||Offline Fee||Online fee|
|General category||Rs. 700||Rs. 500|
|ST/SC/OBC||Rs. 450||Rs. 250|
TNEA Cut-Off 2019
The cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks which candidates have to secure to get admission into UG Engineering courses in the university and its affiliated institutions. The TNEA cut off will be published by the Anna University through online mode. It will be decided after considering various factors such as number of applications received, availability of seats in the participating institutions, and previous year cut off trends etc.
The university will release a common merit list which is prepared after receiving the application form from the candidates. Most likely, the TNEA rank list 2019 will be published in the month of June 2019. Candidates can check the merit/rank list through online mode form the official website. Based on the merit list, the process of counseling will be organized. The authority will allot a unique random number to the candidates in order to participate in the counselling.
TNEA 2019 Counselling
Candidates will be invited for counselling on the basis of their merit. The counselling will be commenced most likely in the month of July 2019. Seats will be allotted as per merit and communal category of candidates. During the counselling, candidates will be able to fill the choice of college/branch as per their preference. Candidates have to pay the necessary counselling fee through cash or demand draft and produce all their original documents at the time of counselling.
After the completion of counselling, the TNEA admission process will be organized. Candidates have to report the allotted institution as per the prescribed schedule along with the provisional admission letter. For final admission, candidates also have to carry their original documents for verification and the necessary course fee at the time of admission.