TNEA 2018: Previously, TNEA exam was organized by Anna University. But from the last few years, there will be no entrance exam for admission in various engineering colleges in the Tamil Nadu state. The aspirants will get the direct admission on the basis of their 12th marks.
The candidates who are successfully satisfying the eligibility criteria will be eligible for the UG courses provided by the many reputed and popular engineering colleges located in the state of Tamil Nadu. Through this article, candidate can check the complete details regarding TNEA 2018.
TNEA 2018 Important dates (Tentative)
|Official notification will announce on||May 2018|
|Availability of Application form will commence from||May 2018|
|Deadline for issue of application form||May 2018|
|Counselling will commence from||July 2018|
Read more about TNEA 2018 important dates
Candidates must satisfy below eligibility conditions before applying:
- The applicant should belong to Tamil Nadu state.
- They must pass their class 12th from the state. Applicants who are not from Tamil Nadu state but have done class 12th from the state may also apply.
- The resident of Tamil Nadu, who have done their 12th from schools located outside the Tamil Nadu state, are also eligible to apply however they submit a valid domicile certificate.
- Children of central government employees are eligible to apply for admissions without any matter of whether they are the resident of the state. However, their parents or guardians have been serving in the state of Tamil Nadu for the last five years constantly. Such applicants are needed to submit a certificate in favor of this, given by the employer of his/her guardian or parent.
- Wards of all India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are also eligible to apply.
- Children of the public sector or government staff may also apply irrespective of their resident provided their guardian/ parent has been working in the state of Tamil Nadu for the last 5- years constantly and they submit a certificate as a proof to this.
Read more details about TNEA Eligibility Criteria
TNEA 2018 Application Form: How to apply
The application form will available through the both online as well as offline mode. The candidates will obtain the application form probably in the month of May tentatively. The application form will available from the official website of the conducting authority i.e. Anna University or also obtainable from the TNEA designated centres.
Get more details of TNEA Application Form
Application Form Fee
Through Online Mode:
- The applicants from general candidates can get the application form after paying Rs. 500/-
- For reserved category: Rs. 250/-
Through offline mode:
- For General candidates: Rs. 700/-
- For Rs. 450/- for scheduled tribe/ scheduled caste/other backward classes
The applicants will get the admission on the basis of class 12th percentage. The candidates who have scored good marks in class XII will be preferred. The final selection of candidates for admission in various engineering colleges will be truly based on merit list.
The Anna University will organize the TNEA 2018 Counselling. The authority will conduct the counselling process in the month of July. The allotment of seats and colleges is done at the time of counselling process. The officials will invite the candidates for counseling as per their performance in the class 12th examination.
Get the details of the TNEA Exam Pattern