TANCET 2017 (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) is organized by Anna University for candidates looking for admission to PG programme including M.E/M.Tech, MCA, MBA, M.Arch, M.Plan programme offered by several institutes located across the Tamilnadu state. Application form is available in online mode only. Candidates those are GATE qualified will be exempted from appearing in this test. For complete information on this exam, please explore this article.
TANCET 2017 online registration started on 29th January, 2017. Apply Here
Eligibility Criteria for TANCET 2017
Candidates should have completed one of the following qualifications with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates).
- B.Pharm. / B.Sc (Agri. / Forestry / Horticulture / Fishery) degree programme.
- B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch course.
- Master’s degree in related discipline of Arts/Science.
- Three years duration B.Sc program in Information Technology/Computer Science and two years duration M.Sc programme in Information Technology/Computer Science.
- Five years duration M.Sc integrated degree programme.
- Three years duration MCA programme.
- Candidates those are having three year duration plus AMIE or class 12th plus AMIE can apply.
- MCA lateral entry programme or B.Sc (Information Technology/Computer Science).
*GATE 2017 qualified candidates do not need to appear in this test; however candidates having genuine GATE score in Life Science (XL) and Engineering Science (XE) also need to apply for this test.
Check here below tentative exam schedule of TANCET exam for the year 2017:
|Registration process will be commenced through online mode only||29th January, 2017|
|Deadline to complete the registration process through Internet||28th February, 2017 (5.00 PM)|
|Duplicate hall ticket/admit card||—-|
|Examination date||MCA- 25th March, 2017 (10.00 am to 12.00 noon)
MBA- 25th March, 2017 (2.30 pm to 4.30 pm)
M.E/M/Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan- 26th March, 2017 (10.00 am to 12.00 noon)
|Result declaration date||—-|
How to Apply for TANCET 2017?
In the year 2017, candidates can apply for TANCET in online mode only. Go through the important highlights of TANCET 2017 online application process:
- Complete the registration process with your email ID and a unique password.
- Now login your account by using your registered email ID and password and fill up required personal & academic information.
- Then upload photograph of requisite size and take a preview of the form.
- If everything is found correct in the form then you can submit the same.
- Make payment of application fee in online mode and take printout of your filled application form for future reference.
- Candidates are not required to send any hard copy to the authority.
Rs 500 (Rs 250 for candidates belonging to SC/ST/SCA category)
How to apply- Know Here
Exam Pattern of TANCET
Here are the important highlights related TANCET 2017 exam pattern:
- There will be three parts in the question paper among which Part 1 & 2 will be compulsory, whereas Part 3 will be as per the discipline selected by the candidates during filling up the form.
- Standard of the question paper will be undergraduate level.
- There will be 30 questions in Part 1 & 2 containing 1 mark for each.
- Part 3 will contain 40 questions having 1 mark for each.
- Negative marking rule: Deduction of 1/3 marks will be done for every incorrect answer.
TANCET Admit card for successfully registered candidates will be issued in the month of February, 2017. Candidates are required to stay connected with 99Entraceexam for latest updates.
Result will be made available by the conducting authority in the month of April, 2017. However, we will provide you latest update if we find the same officially.
Candidates those are qualified in TANCET 2017 or GATE 2017 need to apply for TANCA 2017 separately to attend the counseling procedure. Seats will be allotted as per their rank scored in the test.