TANCET 2017 (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) is organized by Anna University for candidates looking for admission to M.E/M.Tech programme offered by several institutes located across the Tamilnadu state. Application form will be available in online mode and at few registered co-ordinating centres. Candidates those are GATE qualified will be exempted from appearing in this test. For complete information on this exam, please explore this article.
Eligibility Criteria for TANCET 2017
Candidates should have completed one of the following qualifications with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates).
- Pharm. / B.Sc (Agri. / Forestry / Horticulture / Fishery) degree programme.
- Tech/B.E/B.Arch course.
- Master’s degree in related discipline of Arts/Science.
- Three years duration B.Sc program in Information Technology/Computer Science and two years duration M.Sc programme in Information Technology/Computer Science.
- Five years duration M.Sc integrated degree programme.
- Three years duration MCA programme.
- Candidates those are having three year duration plus AMIE or class 12th plus AMIE can apply.
- MCA lateral entry programme or B.Sc (Information Technology/Computer Science).
*GATE 2017 qualified candidates do not need to appear in this test; however candidates having genuine GATE score in Life Science (XL) and Engineering Science (XE) also need to apply for this test.
Check here below tentative exam schedule of TANCET exam for the year 2017:
|Registration process will be commenced in Person or through Internet||April 2017|
|Deadline to complete the registration process through Internet||April 2017|
|Last date for receiving of application form which are registered with the help of Internet||Last Week of April 2017|
|Last date to complete the registration procedure at Co-ordinating Centres||Last Week of April 2017|
|Spot registration deadline at Chennai centre||April 2017|
|Duplicate hall ticket/admit card will be issued in Co-ordinating Centres||May 2017|
|Examination date||May 2017|
|Result declaration date||June 2017|
How to Apply for TANCET 2017?
Candidates have two ways of obtaining the application form:
- One can obtain the form in person from specified co-ordinating centres and for the same they need to submit a copy of class 10th and 12th mark sheet or diploma certificate.
- In this case, the application fee will be paid through demand draft or cash.
- Hall ticket will be generated for list of candidates those have successfully completed the registration procedure.
- Candidates are allowed to apply for the test through web. Candidates are required to fill up the form and upload a recent photograph. Finally, it is also necessary to take the print out of application.
- Hall ticket will be available to download at its official portal.
Mode of payment: Fee will be paid through cash or demand draft. The draft needs to be obtained from any nationalized bank in favour of ‘The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University’.
Rs 500 (Rs 250 for candidates belonging to SC/ST/SCA category)
Exam Pattern of TANCET
Here are the important highlights related TANCET 2017 exam pattern:
- There will be three parts in the question paper among which Part 1 & 2 will be compulsory, whereas Part 3 will be as per the discipline selected by the candidates during filling up the form.
- Standard of the question paper will be undergraduate level.
- There will be 30 questions in Part 1 & 2 containing 1 mark for each.
- Part 3 will contain 40 questions having 1 mark for each.
- Negative marking rule: Deduction of 1/3 marks will be done for every incorrect answer.
TANCET 2017: Admit card for successfully registered candidates will be issued in the month of May, 2017. Candidates are required to stay connected with 99Entraceexam for latest updates.
Result will be made available by the conducting authority in the month of June, 2017.
Candidates those are qualified in TANCET 2017 or GATE 2017 need to apply for TANCA 2017 separately to attend the counseling procedure. Seats will be allotted as per their rank scored in the test.