KEAM 2019: The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala is responsible for organizing KEAM entrance exam. KEAM 2019 also known as Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) is a state level entrance exam. The authority used to conduct this exam to offer admission into Medical, Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary, Fisheries, Engineering, Architecture & Pharmacy courses. However, it is decided further that admission to MBBS, BDS, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Siddha, and Unani courses will be done through NEET, whereas, students can get admission into B.Arch program through NATA.
KEAM 2019 application form has been released on 3rd February 2019. Candidates must read the eligibility requirements before they process to register for the exam. Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission into professional courses. However, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible for the limited purpose of admission. However, they can’t avail reservation benefits.
New Update: KEAM 2019 application form is now available. Visit here to apply for the exam.
KEAM 2019 is going to be conducted on 22nd April 2019 (Paper I) and 23rd April 2019 (Paper II).
KEAM 2019 notification released regarding admission into medical & allied courses. You please check here.
Crucial Information to be Noted
KEAM 2019 aspirants should make a note of the following:
Candidates willing to apply for admission to any of these courses: Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharm, MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary and Fisheries should apply online and send a copy of printout to the CEE on or before the given deadline.
Candidates can apply online for the exam by accessing CEE official website: www.cee.kerala.gov.in
Candidates must keep a printout of filled application form for future references.
Please ensure the following before you send printout to the concerned authority:
- The photograph uploaded online and the photograph pasted on printout must be same. It must be attested by Head of the Institution or Gazetted Officer of Government.
- All certificates enclosed should be properly filled in and signed by the respective authority along with affixed office seal at required place.
- Students need to choose the course/courses they are keen to apply for while applying online for the exam.
- Students must keep their login password safe till the seat allotment process is done.
The authority will not send a memo by post regarding discrepancies in the application form. The defects, if exist, will be published when downloading the admit card. Students need to make required modification within the notified period of time.
Whether you want to apply for one course or multiple ones, you need to send only one application for the exam.
Students except SC/ST/OEC category are required to submit income certificate along with the printout of application if they want to avail income based relaxations.
KEAM 2019 important dates
Here, we are listing the exam dates for KEAM 2019. It should be noted that all the dates mentioned in this table below are tentative. We have updated the dates according to its offiical notification.
|Release of application form||3rd February 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||28th February 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||10th April 2019|
|Date of entrance exam||22nd & 23rd April 2019|
|Result announcement||On or before 25th May 2019|
Eligibility Criteria KEAM 2019
It is must for all candidates to ensure their eligibility that whether they can apply for the exam or not. The authority has decided some norms and conditions to appear for KEAM 2019 Exam. Those, who satisfy the prescribed KEAM eligibility criteria 2019 successfully, are allowed to write in the exam. The important eligibility criteria for KEAM 2019 are as follows:
- Indian citizens are eligible for admission to all professional courses. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible for the limited purpose of admission. However, they are not allowed to get any reservation benefits.
- The minimum age limit for the candidate to apply is 17 years as on 31st December 2019.
Academic Criteria for Different Courses
- MBBS, BDS, BSMS: Passed Higher secondary exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology from the Board of Higher Secondary Education Kerala or its equivalent exam with 50% score individually in Biology/Bio-technology, and aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology.
- BAMS/ BHMS: Passed Higher secondary exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology from the Board of Higher Secondary Education Kerala or its equivalent exam with 50% score individually in Biology, and aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology.
- BUMS: Passed Intermediate (10+2) with 50% marks in Biology and 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and passed 10th standard with Urdu or Arabic or Persian language as a subject or clear the test of Urdu in the Entrance Examination organized by the University or Board or Registered Society authorized by the Government to conduct these examination or pre-Tib examination of one year duration.
- Sc.(Hons.)Agri., B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, BFSc courses: Passed Higher secondary exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology from the Board of Higher Secondary Education Kerala or its equivalent exam with 50% score individually in Biology, and aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology.
- & AH Course: Candidates must have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the qualifying examination.
- Engineering courses: Passed Higher secondary exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics from the Board of Higher Secondary Education Kerala or its equivalent exam with 50% score individually in Mathematics, and aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Architecture courses: Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics or 10+3 Diploma (any stream) with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics or International Baccalaureate Diploma with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics, after 10 years of schooling.
KEAM 2019 Application form: How to apply?
All interested candidates, who are also eligible to apply for the exam, are advised to first read the instructions about ‘How to fill KEAM application form’ and then proceed further. Most likely, the KEAM application form 2019 will available from the first week of January 2019. Here, aspirants can check all important information to fill the application form.
- Candidates can fill KEAM 2019 application form in online mode through the official website of authroity www.cee.kerala.gov.in.
- Applicants are not allowed to submit more than one application form.
- Fill all the required fields in the application form carefully and correctly.
- Upload the scanned image of photograph, thumb impression and signature as per the given specifications.
- After filling the form, candidates should send the printed copy of duly filled form along with required documents to the address given below:
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001, Kerala
|Sl. No||Courses Opted||Application Fee for General||Application Fee for SC|
|a||Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/both||700||300|
|b||Architecture only/ Medical & Allied only/both||500||200|
|c||Both (a) & (b)||900||400|
Candidates who have selected Dubai as exam centre they need to pay an additional fee Rs.12,000/- through online mode.
Candidate can pay the application fee using credit card/debit card/Internet Banking. Or else, they can pay through e-challan in all Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash.
Procedure to apply for the exam
- Step 1: You need to complete a one-time registration process. Upon completion of the registration, you’ll receive an application number.
- Step 2: You need to upload your photograph, signature and left thumb impression in JPEG format as per the instructions provided below:
- Step 3: Fill up the application form with all required information.
- Step 4: Pay the application using debit card/credit card/net banking/e-challan.
- Step 5: Take a printout of the application form.
- Step 6: Send a copy of printout along with supporting documents to the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001.
KEAM 2019 Examination pattern
Understanding of the exam scheme is necessary for candidate to make better preparation strategy. With the help of exam pattern, they can know the structure of paper like the type of questions asked in the exam, topics covered, exam duration etc. The KEAM exam pattern 2019 is given below:
|Mode of the exam||Pen & paper based mode.|
|No. of papers||2 papers|
|Types of question||Objective type questions|
|No. of questions||120 Questions|
|Duration||5 hours i.e. two and half hour for each paper|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||-1 mark for each incorrect response|
The Admit card of KEAM 2019 will be issued by online mode through the official website. Candidates can get the admit card most likely in the month of April 2019. To download the admit card, candidates need to enter their registration number and date of birth in the given fields. Please note down, the authority will not send admit card via post to any candidate. The KEAM 2019 admit card will bear the important details of candidate and exam such as candidate’s name & roll number, exam venue, exam date & timing, etc. Candidates should keep their admit card safe till the admission process gets over.
KEAM 2019 Syllabus
The KEAM syllabus 2019 will be decided by the conducting authority. The syllabus will comprise of various topics from subjects including chemistry, physics, and mathematics subjects of 10+2 or equivalent examination. Candidates should check the syllabus thoroughly before starting their exam preparation.
The authority will publish the KEAM 2019 answer key after the few days of examination. Candidates who appeared in the exam can check the answer key via online mode. With the help of answer key, students can cross-check their responses which they have given in the exam with the correct answers. In case of any discrepancy in the answer key, candidates can challenge it against the payment of Rs. 100/- per question as per the specified period of time. The fee can be paid through demand draft drawn in the favor of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
KEAM Result 2019
The result of KEAM 2019 will be announced most likely in the month of May 2019. Candidates can check their results via online mode by visiting the official website. After the announcement of the result, a separate merit list will be prepared for each programme on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance test. This merit list will be prepared on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% for scored achieved by the candidate in the qualifying examination and 50% for marks obtained in the KEAM 2019 exam. The rank list for all the courses will be issued on or before 20th June 2018.
After the release of KEAM merit list, the admission process will be commenced. The authority will organize the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) for offering admission to engineering and pharmacy courses in the state of Kerala. During the counselling process, candidates will have to fill their choice of colleges and streams. The seats will be allotted on the basis of merit list, filled choices & availability of seats in that particular stream or colleges.