KEAM 2018: ‘Commissioner of Entrance Examination’ (CEE), Kerala conducts the Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Entrance Examination (KEAM) to select the candidates for various engineering, agricultural and medical courses. This is a state level examination which authority conducts every year. All the candidates, who are eligible, can apply for any of the above stated courses. After the commencement of the entrance exam, candidates can aply for the admission into various colleges of Kerala. In the given post, candidates can know all the information about the KEAM 2018 application forms, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and important dates etc.
Important Dates – KEAM 2018
Candidates can make the schedule of their preparation as according to the schedule of the KEAM 2018 which is available in the table below:
|S.No.||Name of the events of the Exam||Date Assigned|
|1.||Sale of security card along with prospectus||January 2018|
|2.||Date of Online application||January 2018|
|3.||The last date to submit the online application form||January 2018|
|4.||Last date for receipt of online application printout||January 2018|
|5.||Admit card release date||March 2018|
|6.||KEAM Exam dates||April 2018|
|7.||Result announcement||May 2018|
Note: It is extremely of note that the dates given in the above table are tentative and may change as per the discretion of the university. It will be imperative for all the applicants to keep on checking the schedule on a regular basis to get the latest updates about the schedule.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria
It is essential for all the applicants to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance exam. Further details about the eligibility criteria are available in the following points:
- Firstly, applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas citizens of India (OCI) can also apply for the exam.
- As per the academic qualification for all the engineering courses, candidate must have qualified the senior secondary level (12th) exam with 50% marks. (with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
- For all the medical programs, the aspirants should have qualified the senior secondary level (12th) exam with 50% marks. (Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology).
- Candidate must have attained at least 17 years of age to be eligible to apply for the exam. (Age relaxation is not applicable for any category)
KEAM 2018: Application Form
The application form for the KEAM 2018 will be available online and offline. Here are the more details:
- Candidate shall have to provide all the required information in the application form.
- Besides, they have to attach the scanned photo and signature also in the application form with valid email ID and mobile number.
- Moreover, there will the application fee for the exam and it will be Rs. 1000. The application fee will be Rs. 500 for all the candidates of the reserved category.
- The application fee will be paid thru the demand draft (DD) in favour of Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, which will be payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- The offline application form will be sent at the following address:
“Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001”
This is very significant to know the exam pattern before applicants appear in the entrance examination. The imporatant details about the exam pattern have been given below:
- There will be 2 question papers for KEAM 2018.
- The time duration for the question papers will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The KEAM 2018 will be offline viz. pen and paper based.
- The total number of questions in the exam will be 120 and every question will reward 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking of ¼th viz. 1mark for the wrong
In the tables given below, the pattern of the exam has been given in the tabular form:
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Time Duration|
|I||Physics & Chemistry||120||120x 4 = 480||2 + 1/2 Hours|
|II||Mathematics||120||120x 4 = 480||2 + 1/2 Hours|
KEAM Admit Card 2018
Commissioner of the entrance exam (CEE) will issue the KEAM Admit Card 2018 to all eligible applicants after the submission of the application form.
- The admit card will be available online on the official website.
- Admit card will have the details about the candidates’ name and the examination schedule along with its venue.
- It will be necessary for all the applicants to take their admit card with them at the examination centre otherwise, the entry will be denied.
KEAM Result 2018
Lastly, the result of the KEAM entrance exam will be available on the official portal in the month of May 2018. All the qualified aspirants will be eligible to appear for counseling. Further, they can take admission in their desired institute to pursue the desired programme.