KEAM 2017: Get here all the information regarding Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical (KEAM) which is conducting on 24th April, 2017 (Paper 1) & 25th April, 2017 (Paper 2). KEAM is national level importance status attained state level exam in the entrance exam organized by The Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE). The primary purpose behind the conducting of KEAM exam is finding the right candidates for the admissions of Engineering and Medical courses in various institutes in Kerala.
The courses under university of Kerala that admitting students on the basis of KEAM exam, are BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, B.Sc (Forestry), B.Sc (honors) agriculture, B.VSc (animal Husbandry), B.FSc and B.Tech (in all regular branches including agriculture, food engineering and dairy science and technology).
Inside this article, you can find out the latest information regarding KEAM 2017 Exam date, pattern, important dates, result announcing date, counseling and entrance exam dates.
KEAM 2017 application form is available from 1st February, 2017. last date to submit the application form has extended till 9th March 2017. Apply Here
No entrance test for MBBS/BDS programme, admissions will be on the basis of NEET 2017 score.
KEAM 2017 Overview
- Name of the Examination: Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical (KEAM)
- Type of the exam: State level
- Organizer: The Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE).
- Exam centers: All over in Kerala and various other test centers like Delhi, Mumbai, ranchi, Shillong and Dubai (UAE).
The aspirants who are going to apply the KEAM exam must full-fill the following listed criteria suggested by the office of controller of the exam.
The applicant must have passed HSE or equivalent from a recognized board of education and must have acquired 50% aggregate as math (for engineering and architecture) or biology/biotechnology (for medical and allied courses) and 50% in aggregate of physics, chemistry and core subject all together.
- In engineering course, Computer science will be considered instead of Biotechnology.
- For architecture, the applicant must have attained 50% in Mathematics in 12th studies.
- Those who are under the category SC/ST/SEBC must have 40%, candidates under ‘locomotion disable’ category must have secured 45% and the candidates under ‘General’ category must secure 50% marks in KEAM 2017 paper 1&2 taken together for MBBS and BDS course
Only Indian origin candidates are eligible to apply. The OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and PIO (Person of Indian Origin) candidates are also considered as Indian, but not entitled for reservation.
The candidates who are applying for the KEAM listed in three categories such as Keralites, Non-Keralite Category I [NK I] and Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]. See below for more explanation regarding all the three categories.
Category No 1: Keralite
- The candidates who belongs to Kerala (As per birth certificate) are under keralites category.
- The children of All India Services (AIS) officers whom are Non-Keralites but allotted to Kerala cadre are also considered as ‘Keralites’. But, a condition is, they won’t be eligible at any time for any kind of reservations allotted for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation categories.
Category No 2: Non-Keralite Category I [NK I]
This category includes the candidates who are not really Kerala origin, but involved if any one of the options shown below are called Non-Keralite Category I [NK I].
- If the candidate who did a qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents posted in Kerala as a Govt. of India Employee or in Defense post.
- If the candidate who did a qualifying course in Kerala who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents working in Kerala as a Govt. of Kerala employee for at least two years.
- A candidate who is not originally from Kerala, but residing in Kerala for a minimum of 5 years within their 12 years (class 1 to class 12) of her/his study.
- A candidate who is not originally from kerala, but he/she did schooling in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
Category No 3: Non-Keralite Category II [NK II].
Candidates who do not falls under ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ will come under ‘Non-Keralite Category II.’ These candidates are eligible for the admission to the Various Management quota in Self financing Colleges in Kerala. The candidates who are under ‘Non-KeraliteCategory II’ (NK II) can get admission to the Government seats and the Management quota seats in self –financing (private) colleges in Kerala. The candidates who falls in Non-Keralite Category II [NK II] aren’t eligible for any kind of liberation offered for the Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation categories.
To apply for KEAM 2017, the candidate should have completed 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of examination.
Complete eligibility info- Check Here
|Examination Events||Related Dates|
|Starting date of Online application||1st February, 2017|
|Deadline for submission of online application|
|Obtain receiving of printout of online application||28th Februry 2017|
|Date of availability of admit card||March 2017|
|Date of exam||24th (paper-2) & 25th April (paper-2) 2017.|
|Declaration of result||May 2017|
Authority: The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), will preside the exam: KEAM 2017 consists of Two Papers such as ‘Paper 1’ and ‘Paper 2.’ Paper 1 consists of Physics & Chemistry and Paper 2 consist of Mathematics.
Question Type: Multiple Choice Type
Marks division: Each right answer will contain 4 marks. if the answer that a candidate noted is wrong, then 1 mark will be deducted. There is no mark deduction for not attempted questions.
|Name of the Program||Subject|
Physics and Chemistry
Chemistry and Physics
The candidates can apply online via the official website official website of KEAM i.e. http://www.cee-kerala.org/ Over there, the candidates have to follow the below shown 5 steps to complete the application form.
- First Step: Log-in with a user ID and password
- Second Step: Fill up the application (Things to Include in the application are- Name, address for communication, Passport size photo, 10th and 12th results (12th result is not compulsory for the candidates who are studying in final year class 12) and various other details as shown in the blanks.
- Third Step: Final submission of application
- Fourth Step: Remittance of application fee. The candidates can pay the exam fee through the three methods shown below
- Security Card
- Demand Draft
- Online Payment
- Fifth Step: Payment Of application fee. Then print out the application and send it with the necessary documents to commissioner for entrance exams.
Things to Remember
- The candidates are allowable to apply for KEAM 2017 only through online
- Candidates should not put any wrong info in the form. If violation noticed, then that candidate will not be liable to attend the KEAM 2017 exam.
The fee for the KEAM application for all the candidates is as follows:
- Candidates belongs to general category: Rs. 1,000/-
- Candidates belongs to SC/ST Category: Rs. 500/-
- The candidates who opted ‘Dubai’ examination center will have to pay INR 12,000/- by demand draft along with the application.
Only after complete of application form successfully, a candidate would become get his/her respective admit card. Candidates can download the admit card in the second week of April on the official website of KEAM i.e. http://www.cee-kerala.org.
Answer key- Download Here
The result of KEAM 2017 will officially announce on third week of May. A notification regarding this will be published from all the leading dailies publishing from Kerala.
A week or after, the organization releases answer key that contains the answers for all the questions asked in the entrance exam. Through by reviewing the answer key, the candidates can assess about the expected marks they can attained in the exam. The candidates can download the answer key from the official website of KEAM.
The Counseling for the qualified students in KEAM 2017 is conducting in the month of May, 2017. We will update this list again with latest information regarding exam counseling.
KEAM 2017 Exam Centers
The KEAM exam is conducting at various centres located across the nation. Please read the guideline available in your Admit card before appearing for the exam.
- New Delhi