JEE Main Exam Pattern: In order to achieve good marks in any entrance exam students must know the exam pattern for the same. The case is similar with JEE too. In case you are going to appear in JEE Main exam then you must have a brief idea about exam pattern so that you could prepare yourself accordingly. We truly understand the concern of our students and therefore providing below complete details associated with JEE Main exam pattern.
No offline exam from 2019 onwards for JEE Main- NTA Official
- There will be two papers in JEE Main exam i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is conducted for providing admission into B.E/B.Tech programs, whereas, the Paper 2 is conducted for admission into B.Arch/B.Planning program.
- The test will be conducted in online mode.
- They can choose the medium of question paper for all examination centre as English & Hindi, whereas, for Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli region, they may choose English, Hindi & Gujarati also.
JEE Main Exam Pattern: A Quick Overview
- Subjects Involved in Paper 1: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Subjects Involved in Paper 2: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Drawing and Aptitude Test
- Total Number of Questions Asked: 90
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Total Marks: 360
- JEE Main marking scheme for Every Correct Answer: (+4)
- Marks Deducted for Every Wrong Answer: (-1)
- Marks Deducted for No Answer: Zero
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019: A Brief Description
|Subjects||Questions Type||Exam Mode|
|Paper – 1(Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)||Equal numbers of questions from these three subjects namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Questions will be objective type.||Online|
|Paper-2 (Part-I (Mathematics))||Questions will be objective type||Online|
|Paper-2 (Part-II (Aptitude Test))||Questions will be objective type||Online|
|Paper-2 (Part-III (Drawing Test))||Question related to drawing aptitude||Online|
Choice of Exam Cities
Candidates are free to choose the exam cities according to their choice of Paper 1 or Paper 2 or both Paper 1 & Paper 2 of JEE Main 2019 as per the mode of paper (s) provided below.
|Choice of the Paper||Examination Mode|
|PAPER -1 (B.E./B.TECH.)||Online|
|BOTH PAPER -1 (B.E./B.TECH.) &PAPER- 2(B.ARCH./B .PLANNING)||Online|
Provisions for Person with Disability
- Candidates of PwD category are required to fill up the type and percentage of disability accurately in the online application form;
- Candidates, having 40% or more disability, are provided Scribe/Reader if they request for the same;
- They may submit their request for own scribe/reader to the centre superintendent for the same. The Centre Superintendent will verify and confirm the request;
- A Candidate with 40% or more disability will be provided one-hour compensatory time irrespective of the verity that he/she is grabbing the facility of scribe/reader;
Instructions for Computer Based Examination
- The NTA will make a sample/mock test live on the official website of JEE Main soon so that students can make themselves comfortable with online pattern of the exam.
- The exam will begin exactly on the time provided in students’ admit card;
- Candidates will get the time of three hours for solving the question paper;
- The question paper will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with equal weightage;
- 4 marks would be provided to candidates for every correct response, where, ¼ marks gets deducted for every incorrect response;
- Candidates will be given Ball Pens in the examination hall, so they don’t need to bring it by their own;
- Candidates would be provided a rough sheet for doing the rough calculations and they will have to hand over it to the invigilator after completion of the exam;
- Your admit card would be verified by the invigilator during exam;
- Candidates have to put their sign at the appropriate place on the attendance sheet;
Tips To Crack JEE Main: Check Here
Feel free to Share your query with us if any. We will try our level best to revert soon. Thanks