JEE Main counselling 2018 is a must to attend process for all its successful aspirants. Only those candidates will be eligible to appear in JEE Main counselling process who will get the minimum qualifying marks in JEE Main exam. The counselling process starts from June 2018 and its related notification has been released officially.
The JEE Main counselling process for the year 2018 will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) only. Till 2014, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) used to conduct seat allocation process for JEE Main qualified aspirants but in the year 2015 representatives from Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB) has formulated Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) for handling entire procedure of counselling.
The counselling schedule for JEE Main 2018 has been announced now. Please check it below.
JEE Main Counselling Schedule 2018
JEE Main counselling schedule for the year 2018 have been updated now. Please keep in the mind that seat allocation will be done completely on the basis of All India Rank of candidates. Only JEE Main qualified candidates will be permitted to attend the counselling process. Allotted seat, once rejected by a particular candidate, he/she won’t be allowed to appear in the further round of counselling.
|Examination Events||Respective Dates|
|Date of Registration & choice filling||15th June 2018 (10.00 AM)|
|Mock seat first allocation will be displayed according to the choices filled by candidates||19th June 2018|
|Mock seat second allocation will be displayed according to the choices filled by candidates||24th June 2018|
|Registration & choice filling process will end||25th June 2018|
|Date of Reconcile of data, allocate seats and verification||26th June 2018|
|Seat allocation process- First round||27th June 2018|
|Seat acceptance process- First round||28th June to 2nd July 2018|
|Seats availability will be displayed||3rd July 2018|
|Seat allocation- Second round||3rd July 2018|
|Date of withdrawal/acceptance of seats- Second round||4th to 5th July 2018|
|Seats availability will be displayed||6th July 2018|
|Seat allocation process- third round||6th July 2018|
|Date of withdrawal/acceptance of seats- Third round||7th to 8th July 2018|
|Seats availability will be displayed||9th July 2018|
|Seat allocation- Fourth round||9th July 2018|
|Acceptance of seats- Fourth round||10th to 11th July 2018|
|Seats availability will be displayed||12th July 2018|
|Seat allocation- Fifth round||12th July 2018|
|Acceptance of seats- Fifth round||13th to 14th July 2018|
|Seats availability will be displayed||15th July 2018|
|Seat allocation- Sixth round||15th July 2018|
|Acceptance of seats- sixth round||16th to 17th July 2018|
|Seats availability will be displayed||18th July 2018|
|Seat allocation- Seventh round||18th July 2018|
|Acceptance of seats- Seventh round||19th July 2018|
Home State quota would be provided in nearest NITs as listed below in case of candidates belonging to Union Territories/ State without an IIT.
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||NIT Goa|
|Daman and Diu||NIT Goa|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||NIT Puducherry|
JEE Main Counselling Process 2018
JEE Main counselling process will contain four major stages; details are as follows:
- Online registration: This is the first stage of JEE Main counseling process and hence students are instructed to be more careful if interested to go for further stages. Students are necessary to do the online registration for JEE Main counselling process 2018. Online registration for JEE Main Counselling will begin from the month of July 2018. During online registration process candidates will be asked to enter information such as roll number, name, email, mobile number, bank challan number and email.
- Locking of choice and choice filling online: In this stage candidates will have requirement of filling up their choice related to colleges/institutes. Candidates are instructed to verify the same and then lock their respective preference. All candidates must to fill up their choice and lock the same before the last date.
- Document Verification and Announcement of Allocated Seats: The seats will be allotted to candidates based on their all India rank. After the seat will be allocated candidates need to go to the nearest reporting centres for document verification and further admission procedure.
- Admission: Final state contains admission process. In this stage candidates needs to report to allocated colleges, verify all related documents and get admission by paying the specified admission fees.
List of Necessary Documents Required to be Produced at the Time of Counselling
- Character Certificate;
- Category certificate in case applicable;
- Admit card of JEE Main exam 2018;
- Rank Card of candidates;
- Migration certificate;
- Related certificates of Class X and XII;
- Recent passport size photographs;
- One confirmation page copy;
Instructions for Online Choice Filling
We are illustrating below the step-by-step guidance for online choice filling, please have a look:
Step 1: Go to the official website of JoSSA i.e. http://josaa.nic.in/ and click the dedicated link for “Online Registration and Choice Filling”.
Step 2: After clicking that link you’ll be redirected to a fresh page asking you to enter details such as “JEE Main (2018) roll number and password”. Provide these details and click the login button.
Step 3: Now check all entries mentioned under Candidate’s Profile section. In case you’d like to update Gender and State of Eligibility part then you may do so. Candidates can also change their password by clicking the Change Password link. Along with that they are also permitted to making changes in contact details part by clicking the link ‘Edit Contact Details’. Make necessary changes, if necessary in the contact details and click the “SUBMIT CHANGES” button.
Step 4: Now click the “Choices Available” to get the list of programs available for you. Candidates who have qualified both JEE Main & JEE Advanced, all course choices are available for them excluding few ones. However, only JEE Main qualified aspirants, list of courses are restricted to NITs, IIITs and Other-GFTIs. Candidates can view and take printout of institute-wise as well as discipline-wise available programs.
Step 5: Next step is Choice Filling & Locking process. Candidates are advised to fill as many choices they can. This will increase the possibility for them to get a seat. After making the choice click the “Arrange Filled Choices” for arranging your preferences.
Step 6: After clicking the save button, your list of preferences will be appeared on the screen.
Step 7: Once you are confirmed with choices filled by you, you can click “LOCK CHOICE”. You can also take the printout of your locked choices.