JEE Main counselling 2017 is a must to attend process for all its successful aspirants. Only those candidates will be eligible to appear in JEE Main counselling process who will get the minimum qualifying marks in JEE Main exam. The counselling process will be probably conducted from the month of July 2017.
The JEE Main counselling process for the year 2017 will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) only. Till 2014, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) used to conduct seat allocation process for JEE Main qualified aspirants but in the year 2015 representatives from Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB) has formulated Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) for handling entire procedure of counselling.
JEE Main Counselling Schedule 2017
JEE Main counselling schedule for the year 2017 will be released very soon and according to the official instructions the article will be updated as well. Please keep in the mind that seat allocation will be done completely on the basis of All India Rank of candidates. Only JEE Main 2017 qualified candidates will be permitted to attend the counselling process. Allotted seat, once rejected by a particular candidate, he/she won’t be allowed to appear in further round of counselling.
Home State quota would be provided in nearest NITs as listed below in case of candidates belong to Union Territories/ State without an IIT.
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||NIT Goa|
|Daman and Diu||NIT Goa|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||NIT Puducherry|
List of Participating institutions: Click Here
JEE Main Counselling Process 2017
JEE Main counselling process will contain four major stages; details are as follows:
- Online registration: This is the first stage of JEE Main counseling process and hence students are instructed to be more careful if interested to go for further stages. Students are necessary to do the online registration for JEE Main counselling process 2017. Online registration for JEE Main Counselling will begin from the month of July, 2017. During online registration process candidates will be asked to enter information such as roll number, name, email, mobile number, bank challan number and email.
- Locking of choice and choice filling online: In this stage candidates will have requirement of filling up their choice related to colleges/institutes. Candidates are instructed to verify the same and then lock their respective preference. All candidates must to fill up their choice and lock the same before the last date.
- Document Verification and Announcement of Allocated Seats: The seats will be allotted to candidates based on their all India rank. After the seat will be allocated candidates need to go to the nearest reporting centres for document verification and further admission procedure.
- Admission: Final state contains admission process. In this stage candidates needs to report to allocated colleges, verify all related documents and get admission by paying the specified admission fees.
List of Necessary Documents Required to be Produced at the Time of Counselling
- Character Certificate;
- Category certificate in case applicable;
- Admit card of JEE Main exam 2016;
- Rank Card of candidates;
- Migration certificate;
- Related certificates of Class X and XII;
- Recent passport size photographs;
- One conformation page copy;
Instructions for Online Choice Filling
We are illustrating below the step-by-step guidance for online choice filling, please have a look:
Step 1: Go to the official website of JoSSA i.e. http://josaa.nic.in/ and click the dedicated link for “Online Registration and Choice Filling”.
Step 2: After clicking that link you’ll be redirected to a fresh page asking you to enter details such as “JEE Main (2016) roll number and password”. Provide these details and click the login button.
Step 3: Now check all entries mentioned under Candidate’s Profile section. In case you’d like to update Gender and State of Eligibility part then you may do so. Candidates can also change their password by clicking the Change Password link. Along with that they are also permitted to making changes in contact details part by clicking the link ‘Edit Contact Details’. Make necessary changes, if necessary in the contact details and click the “SUBMIT CHANGES” button.
Step 4: Now click the “Choices Available” to get the list of programs available for you. Candidates who have qualified both JEE Main & JEE Advanced, all course choices are available for them excluding few ones. However, only JEE Main qualified aspirants, list of courses are restricted to NITs, IIITs and Other-GFTIs. Candidates can view and take printout of institute-wise as well as discipline-wise available programs.
Step 5: Next step is Choice Filling & Locking process. Candidates are advised to fill as many choices they can. This will increase the possibility for them to get a seat. After making the choice click the “Arrange Filled Choices” for arranging your preferences.
Step 6: After clicking the save button, your list of preferences will be appeared on the screen.
Step 7: Once you are confirmed with choices filled by you, you can click “LOCK CHOICE”. You can also take the printout of your locked choices.
*The guidelines have been provided above as per the last year notification, you may find changes after release of JEE Main 2016 counselling schedule.
Feel free to Share your query with us if any. We will try our level best to revert soon. Thanks