JEE Advanced 2019: The JEE Advanced is a national level entrance examination conducts for offering admission into various undergraduate courses leading to UG, UG-PG Dual Degree or Integrated PG in IITs and & ISM across India. The seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) managed and organized this entrance examination on a rotation basis. Admission through JEE advanced 2019 exam will be offered in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Sciences or Pharmaceutics.
JEE Advanced is considered as the 2nd stage of JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination). Aspirants who want to appear in JEE Advanced must submit their application form as per the prescribed schedule. In this article, we have provided all important details regarding JEE Advanced 2019.
Latest: JEE Advanced 2019 is proposed to be held on 19th May 2019 in Computer Based Mode by IIT Roorkee. The application form would be available from 3rd May 2019. Check more
JEE Advanced 2019 important dates
Candidates can now get the official schedule for JEE Advanced 2019, have a look please:
|Online Registration process will commence from||3rd May 2019|
|Last date for online registration||9th May 2019|
|Admit Card will be available from||20th to 27th May 2019|
|Dates of JEE Advanced||27th May 2019 (announced)|
|ORS and scanned responses will be published online on||29th May to 1st June 2019|
|Release date of Answer Key||4th June 2019|
|Result will be announced on||14th June 2019|
|Date of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) online Registration||14th to 15th June 2019|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) will be held on||17th June 2019|
|Release of AAT Result||21st June 2019|
|Seat Allotment will commence from||June 2019|
JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility criteria
Aspirants who are going to take JEE Advanced 2019 have to fulfill the necessary eligibility conditions as laid down by the conducting body for the exam. Therefore candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria mentioned in the information booklet carefully to ensure their eligibility. The complete details about JEE Advanced 2019 eligibility criteria are provided below.
JEE Main 2019
Indian nationals planning to appear for JEE Advanced 2019 must have cleared the JEE Main with required cut off marks.
Aspiring candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1994. There will be five years age relaxation given to candidates from reserved category i.e. SC, ST and PwD. Reserved category applicants must have been born on or after October 1, 1989.
Number of attempts
Candidates can appear for JEE Advanced maximum of two times in a consecutive year.
Applicants must have passed Class 12th (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2018 or 2019. However, candidates whose result of 12th board examination or equivalent examination for the academic year 2016‐17 was declared after June 2017 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019.
Earlier admission at IITs
- Applicants should not have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not they continued in the course or received the IIT seat by reporting at the reporting centre in the past. Those, whose admission at IITs was cancelled, are also not permitted to appear for JEE Advanced 2019.
- Applicants who are enrolled to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the very first time in 2018, they are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2019.
- Aspirants, who have deposited the seat acceptance fee but not received the seat can write in the JEE Advanced 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 Registration
Applicants should register for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2019. The process of Registration will be held online only through the official portal i.e. www.jeeadv.ac.in. Interested and eligible candidates are recommended to read the important instructions mentioned in the information booklet about application fill in process before applying. Some of the important points related to JEE Advanced Application form 2019 are furnished below
- Aspirants can apply for JEE Advanced 2019 through online mode only.
- It is notified that the JEE Advanced 2019 Registration process will start from 3rd May 2019
- Candidates have to supply all required details as asked in the application form correctly.
- Submit the duly filled application on or before the due date.
- No other application mode will be entertained by the authority for JEE Advanced 2019 registration.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature as per prescribed format.
- Take the printout of the JEE Advanced Application Form 2019 and keep this safe for future use.
JEE Advanced Registration Fee:
Candidates have to pay an applicable fee to complete the registration process successfully. The payment of fee can be done through online mode using debit card & net banking or offline mode using SBI Challan. It should be noted that the fee is neither refundable nor transferable under any situations. The details of JEE Advanced application fee are given below:
|Examination Centres opted in India|
|Female applicants||Rs. 1200/-|
|ST/SC/PwD applicants||Rs. 1200/-|
|All other applicants||Rs. 2400/-|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500/-|
|Exam Centres opted in foreign country|
|All candidates||USD 270 (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|All candidates||USD 135 (SAARC Countries)|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam pattern
The JEE Advanced exam will consist of two papers i.e. paper 1 & paper 2. Each paper will include three separate sections, viz., Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Below we’ve listed the important facts on JEE advanced 2019 exam pattern.
|Examination mode||Offline mode (pen paper based test)|
|Language||English & Hindi|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions|
JEE Advanced Syllabus
The syllabus of JEE Advanced 2019 will consist of topics and chapters from three subjects like Chemistry, Physics, & Mathematics. While the syllabus of AAT exam for architecture course will include some extra topics like free architectural awareness, hand drawing, geometrical drawing, etc. Aspirants who want to apply for JEE Advanced 2019 exam should check the syllabus of the exam in order to know which topics are important from the exam point of view. By knowing the syllabus completely, candidates can get clarity about which topics need to study first and what to prepare later. The detailed info about JEE Advanced syllabus 2019 is provided below:
Syllabus for Physics:
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Geometry
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Calculus
Syllabus for AAT 2019 Exam:
- Geometrical Drawing
- Freehand drawing
- Three-dimensional perception
- Architectural awareness
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
How to prepare for JEE Advanced- Check Here
The admit card of JEE Advanced 2019 will be issued through online mode from the website. Candidates who registered successfully will able to download the admit card online through visiting the official website of authority. The admit card will bear the candidates & exam details like candidate’s name, roll number, category, date & time of examination, gender, venue of the exam center. Candidates have to bring the admit card at the examination center on the day of exam. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the exam without a valid hall ticket.
Candidates will able to check the JEE Advanced answer key 2019 a few week after the exam gets over. The conducting board will release the Optical Response sheet (ORS) and answer key through online mode only probably in the month of May 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 Result
The conducting authority will release the JEE Advanced 2019 Result most likely in the month of June 2019 through online mode. Candidates who appeared in the exam successfully will view or download their result from the official website or on this page whenever it announced. After the announcement of IIT Advance result 2019, a category wise All India Rank (AIR) will also be published by the authority. The JEE Advanced rank card will not be sent via post to any candidate.
JoSAA Counselling 2019
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the respective authority which conducts a centralized counselling for admission into NITs, IITs, ISM, Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) and & other Govt. Shortlisted candidates, who qualified the JEE Advanced examination will be invited to appear in the JoSAA seat allocation process for the seat allotment.
List of Participating Institutions
- Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines)
- Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad
- Indian Institute of Technology Goa
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology Jammu
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar