JEE Advanced 2017 is going to be held on 21st May, 2017. IT is among the most-known National Level Engineering Entrance Exams in India conducted by the seven zonal IITs under the supervision of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). The exam is conducted for aspirants looking for admission to the Integrated Master’s, Bachelor’s and Dual Degree programs offered by all the IITs and the ISM. There will be two papers in the exam and both are compulsory. I’d like to inform that the online registration will be started in the month of April, 2017 (tentative) and the exam will be held in the month of May, 2017 (tentative).
Courses Offered by IITs and ISM
- B.Tech.( Bachelor of Technology)- 4 years
- B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)- 5 years
- B.S. (Bachelor of Science)- 4 years
- B.Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmaceutics)- 4 years
- Integrated M.Sc. (Integrated Master of Science)- 5 years
- Integrated M.Tech. (Integrated Master of Technology)- 5 years
- Integrated Dual Degree M.Pharm. (Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics)- 5 years
- Dual Degree B.S.-M.S. Dual Degree (Bachelor of Science and Master of Science)- 5 years
- Dual Degree B.Tech.-M.Tech. Dual Degree (Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology)- 5 years
IIT Madras is conducting JEE Advanced 2017 on 21st May, 2017, registration process will start from 28th April, 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2017
All aspirants including foreign nationals are required to fulfill following criteria in order to appear in the test:
Criteria 1: JEE Main 2017 Performance
Candidates should be qualified in JEE Main 2017 exam and among the 2,00,000 (including all categories) qualified candidates.
Criteria 2: Age Criteria
In order to apply for the test, candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1992. Candidates belonging to PwD/SC/ST categories will be given relaxation of 5 years i.e. they should have born on or after October 1, 1987.
Criteria 3: Number of Attempts
Candidates are allowed to attempt for the exam maximum two times in consecutive years.
Criteria 4: Educational Qualification
- Candidates should have appeared in class 12th or its equivalent exam in the year 2016 or 2017.
- Candidates those have appeared in class 12th or its equivalent in the year 2016 but would like to appear again in the year 2017, they are required to appear in all the subjects.
- Candidates whose class 12th or its equivalent exam result (2014-2015) was declared after June, 2015 can apply.
Criteria 5: No Admission Has Been Done Before in IITs/ISM
Candidates haven’t taken admission in IITs/ISM before; otherwise they won’t be eligible to apply.
Find Here All Important Dates: JEE Advanced 2017
|Online registration process begins from||28th April, 2017|
|Online registration process ends||2nd May, 2017|
|Download of admit card starts from||10th to 21st May, 2017|
|Any correction in the admit card||May, 2017|
|Examination Date||21st May, 2017 (9 – 12 PM & 2 – 5 PM)|
|ORS will be displayed online||31st May to 3rd June 2017|
|Candidates can request for review of response||June, 2017|
|Answer Keys will be available online||4th June, 2017|
|Feedback can be recorded for Answer Keys||4th – 6th June, 2017|
|Declaration of result||11th June, 2017|
|Online Registration process for Architecture Aptitude Test begins from||11th – 12th June, 2017|
|Architecture Aptitude Test date||14th June, 2017|
|Architecture Aptitude Test Results will be announced||18th June, 2017|
How to Apply?
Candidates can register for JEE Advanced 2017 through its official portal. Following steps will be involved during registration procedure:
- Go to the official portal and logging to your account.
- Now enter your basic information and choice of language mode of the question paper and examination cities.
- Upload scanned images of necessary documents.
- Final pay the registration fee and details are as follows:
Examination centres Located in India
For SC, ST, PwD Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
Female Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
All Other Candidates: Rs. 2000/-
Examination Centre Located in Dubai
All Categories of Candidates: USD 220
Documents Needs to be uploaded
- Category certificate for group of candidates to whom it is applicable.
- Scanned copy of signature, left thumb impression and colored passport size photograph.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Class 12th passing certificate.
- Date of birth certificate.
Exam Pattern Of JEE Advanced
Candidates need to go through the exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2017 we are specifying below:
- There will be two papers in the exam i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Candidates need to appear in both the papers.
- There will be three sections in each paper i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Types of questions will be objective only including multiple choice and numerical answer type questions.
- Negative mark will be applicable for some set of questions. We advise candidates to read the instructions before start the exam.
- Talking about the language mode of question paper will be English as well Hindi.
JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card: Candidates who did the registration for the exam successfully they can download it’s admit card from the official website. Admit card contains information such as signature, photograph, date of birth, correspondence address, language mode and category. Candidates need to ensure that all these information are genuine and no mistakes have been taken place.
Candidates can download the answer key within one week after completion of the test. We’ll update here details regarding date of obtaining answer key.
Result will be declared in the month of June, 2017. After announcement of result, Category-wise All India Ranks (AIR) of qualified candidates will be available at its official website.
Counseling and Seat Allotment Procedure
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will conduct the seat allotment and counseling process for JEE Advanced 2017. Number of seats will be decided once the participating institutes will provide the seat matrix.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
India – 781 039