Computer-based exam is organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education for PAPER-1 (B. E./B. TECH.) of JEE Main. Most of the students are usually worried about the pattern and way of online test but in actual it’s so easy. I’m sharing here all important instructions required for appearing in JEE Main computer-based test.
Guidelines for Aspirants-
- Please ensure that all information mentioned on your admit card such as your Name, Date of Birth, Paper, Gender, City, Test Center Name, State Code of Eligibility and Category are correct.
- All applicants are instructed to reach the examination venue minimum 30 minutes before the scheduled examination time as they will have to complete few registration formalities. Please keep in mind that the registration desk will be closed 5 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- Applicants will be further asked by invigilator to show their admit card inside the examination hall. Candidates do not possess their respective admit card will not be permitted to appear in the exam under any circumstances.
- Applicants are also required to bring one copy of their documents as we are mentioning below and submit the same to the invigilator during the exam.
|Sl. No||Category of Applicants||Necessary Documents|
|1.||Applicants those have cleared the qualifying exam/class 12th in the year 2016 or 2017 and haven’t opted for improvement of performance in the year 2018||Copy of class 12th/qualifying exam mark sheets of the year 2016 or 2017|
|2.||Applicants who have cleared the qualifying exam/class 12th in the year 2016 or 2017 and have opted for improvement of performance in entire subjects||Admit card/hall ticket for improvement of performance in qualifying exam or class 12th exam|
|3.||Appearing applicants||Class 12th/Qualifying exam admit card/hall ticket|
- Candidates who have applied under PwD category they need to bring the necessary certificate in the recommend format as prescribed by the authority.
- Question paper would be available on the screen in your chosen language. If the question paper in not showing in your preferred language, then intimate the invigilator regarding the same.
Instructions for Computer Based Test – JEE Mains
- For the convenience of applicants, CBSE releases its official JEE Main mock test in the month of December. They must practice this mock test to become more comfortable with online exam concerns.
- The exam will be started exactly on the time as mentioned on admit card.
- Time duration for the test is 3 hours.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with equal Weightage from each.
- 4 marks will be added to your score card for each correct response and 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect response.
- All questions will contain only one right answer, candidates need to find the same.
- Rough work/calculation will be done on rough sheet and once the exam time is over, candidates need to submit the same to the invigilator.
- Do not forget to sign on attendance sheet.